The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Ronaldo and Mandzukic are both very versatile where you can see them swapping positions. This can accommodate a variety of players in different ways. One thing is for sure, Allegri will change his formation and rotate his personnel constantly. Everyone will play.

juveeer and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  2. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    #3102 soccerr9, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    4-2-3-1
    -----------Mandzukic
    Ronaldo---Dybala---Costa*

*Cuadrado, Bernardeschi

4-2-3-1
    ----------------Ronaldo
    Mandzukic--Dybala--Costa*

*Cuadrado, Bernardeschi

4-4-2
    --------Ronaldo--Mandzu
    Costa*-----------------------Cuadrado*

*Bernardeschi

4-4-2
    --------Ronaldo--Dybala
    Costa*---------------------Cuadrado*

4-2-3-1
    ------------Ronaldo
    Costa*----Dybala---Cuadrado*

4-3-3 with narrow attackers & attacking outside backs (Sandro, Cancelo)

------------Ronaldo
    -------Costa----Dybala

Dybala as false nine

------------Dybala
    Ronaldo-----------Costa

4-3-1-2

Ronaldo--Mandzu
    --------Dybala

Winger heavy:

-----------Ronaldo
    Costa---------------Cuadrado

3. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, next year I would like to see Dybala as the false 9 with Ronaldo and Costa playing on either side of him. However, I really like the idea of playing a 4-3-3. I think it provides the most midfield solidity but doesn't put as great use to our abundance of attackers. It's a tough predicament for Max.

4. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  5. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I find it interesting that it's almost a foregone conclusion that Higuain is gone with no role to play going forward.

7. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I think given his past success with Sarri at Nipoli it's only to easy for the sports media, especially in Italy (because we know what they're like), is treating it like a foregone conclusion.

Personally, I can't believe that we won't sell Higuain. It just makes too much sense, on the pitch and off of it, for all parties involved that he move on, especially for the right price.

But... (and isn't there always a 'but'?) it doesn't seem like we're working in overdrive to try to offload him. The only club that he's been linked with all summer, as far as I have read, is Chelsea and the driving force behind those links has been the imminent, and now finalized, arrival of Sarri.

However, if we were truly desperate to get him off the books, I feel we would be doing much more to generate offers, even if they were from clubs in China or the Middle East. Marotta & co. are never this quiet when they want to offload a player. We have no problem making it explicitly clear when a player has no future with the club (Eljero Elia, anybody?), and if Marotta has to use the media, he will. Remember the saga of offloading Isla?

Now maybe that's because our negotiations with Chelsea are already in progress and it's a foregone conclusion. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if that turns out to be true, either now or in the near future. And Chelsea or no Chelsea, I would be shocked to see Higuain wearing a Juventus shirt next season.

But if on the off-chance he does remain in Turin, that in its own way would be a major statement by the club in a financial sense. I don't know if it would make any kind of tactical sense. However, as an economic statement it should make the rest of Serie A very afraid.

While I think it's still all but impossible, I thought the same way when we were linked with CR. And how wrong was I about that...

gumbacicc repped this.
  8. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Hope Milan enjoyed their one season with Bonucci. The captain is abandoning the ship :ROFLMAO:

10. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    At his age, this is probably the last/only chance they will have to demand a significant transfer fee.

Especially if it's true that he actually submitted an official request (also, what a way to weaken Meelawn's bargaining position even further). But damn, talk about opportunistic...

juventino13 repped this.
  11. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Milan is a hot pile of garbage in it’s current state.
    This is the worst they have been. The club will need a new owner that has good amount of money and that is willing to spend money. After the recent events it seems the club value has been plummeting.

My guess is Bonucci is gonna go to the EPL.

12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Word on the street is he's in advanced talks with PSG. City might jump in if he's put on the market though as Pep is a huge fan.

Elliot is taking over for the next three years to try to bring the clubs value back up to then sell at a profit. This is actually good for them, but let's see if Elliot actually puts forth a decent plan for those 3 years.

13. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Indeed, and the fact that it's a 3 year plan only proves that they don't plan on sticking around, as is always the case with vulture funds.

juveeer and juventino13 repped this.
  14. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We should've sold him to an EPL team last year for the 55-60M he should've fetched.

juveeer repped this.
  15. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    He already proved what an egotistical mercenary he is last summer.

scirea6 repped this.
  16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Me-Lawn back in Europa but mot out of the FFP woods yet:

"...“The CAS Panel in charge of the arbitration has partially upheld AC Milan’s appeal and has ruled as follows: the decision of the Adjudicatory Chamber of the UEFA CFCB rendered on 19 June 2018 establishing that AC Milan has failed to fulfil the break-even requirement is confirmed.

“The decision of the Adjudicatory Chamber of the UEFA CFCB rendered on 19 June 2018 to exclude AC Milan from participating in the next UEFA Club competition for which it would otherwise qualify in the next two seasons [i.e. the 2018/19 and 2019/20 seasons] is annulled.

“The case is referred back to the Adjudicatory Chamber of the UEFA CFCB to issue a proportionate disciplinary measure.

“The CAS Panel rejected AC Milan’s request to order UEFA to enter into a settlement agreement but acknowledged that the decision of the Adjudicatory Chamber of the UEFA CFCB to exclude AC Milan from the UEFA Club Competition was not proportionate.”

The change in ownership was a crucial factor behind the decision, as doubts over Li were largely behind UEFA's decision to reject a settlement agreement.

"The Panel considered that some important elements have not been properly assessed by the Adjudicatory Chamber, or could not be properly assessed at the moment when the Appealed Decision was rendered [19 June 2018],and noted in particular that the current financial situation of the Club was now better, following the recent change in the Club’s ownership.

"The Panel decided to refer the case back to the Adjudicatory Chamber of the UEFA CFCB because the Club had requested that the case be referred back to UEFA and because it considers that the Adjudicatory Chamber is in a better position than the CAS Panel to issue a new proportionate disciplinary measure on the basis of the current financial situation of the Club...."

https://www.football-italia.net/124759/official-milan-back-europa-league

18. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    I wonder what would the proportionate disciplinary measure be.

19. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Bad Milan. Now give us a hug

FFP is a joke

20. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Alisson moves to Liverpool to become most expensive GK in history. Gigi’s record stood for a long time.

21. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  22. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  23. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    scirea6 repped this.
  24. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What's makes this even better is that not only did that entire city put on a fireworks show after RM defeated us in 2014, their trashy supporters then went out and bought RM shirts in droves because Ronaldo's name was on the back.

And then they have the shamelessness to turn around and accuse Juventini of hypocrisy simply because we no longer hate a player who has now actually signed for our club.

Frankly, this is klassy by their trashy standards.