The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC

I'm not going to mock them for this, even though I know they would dance upon our graves with glee (again) if the situation were reversed and we were in the same position.

And it's not out of solidarity with Meelawn, but as yet another indictment of the Lega Calcio and the FIGC. That they allowed such a charlatan to purchase the 2nd largest club in Italian football* is at once so typical of those organizations and yet at the same time unconscionable by the standards of simple common sense.

Could you imagine the Bundesliga sanctioning the sale of Borussia Dortmund to a fraud like this? No, of course not. Which, once again, perfectly illustrates the difference between the two leagues. There were reports of Li and his associates shady financial situation since before they even purchased the damn club. It would only have taken a cursory investigation into their financial background even before that huge loan from Elliott Management to prove that this was potentially nothing but a scam. And still, the Lega Calcio and FIGC sanctioned the purchase.

This is beyond incompetence. These two organizations do not care a wit about Italian football. Maintaining their own power and control is their sole interest, and if that comes at the expense of biggest clubs in the league, then that is not only a price that they're willing to pay but they will actively and enthusiastically participate in the destruction.

Of course, we knew all that from what we went through in 2006. They just weren't able to succeed in destroying us. So while it's tempting to delight in the suffering of other clubs as they learn this lesson the hard way, this actually only serves to make me worried. Because they will come for us again; look at what has just happened with Andrea Agnelli.

*Merdisti scum can sit their ass down and know their place; they will never be bigger than AC Milan, it doesn't matter what merda wins or how many years the Rossoneri spend wallowing in mediocrity. There's Juventus, then AC Milan, and then everybody else.

Afghan-Juventus and juveeer repped this.
  2. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    LOL I will never not love Rino.

I will always wax nostalgic about that generation of Italian players; the last generation I could freely enjoy and appreciate because back then I was still able to love Italian football in general, and the Azzurri in particular, after Juventus.

Until Calciopoli and the FIGC destroyed all of that forever...

3. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    After reading Pirlo's autobiography, it is pretty hard not to like Snarling Dog.

Afghan-Juventus and scirea6 repped this.
  4. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Can't wait to see what happens to Milan

5. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    at worst... they get taken over by Elliot Management group which would be a blessing for them.

Being run by a small group of exe Goldman Sachs guys as a vanity project, they would no doubt become a very solid, professional, and reliable team again. Funny how wall street guys will end getting to buy low for the club.

6. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Lol, as if Elliot has any interest in running a club. They'll either sell to the highest bidder or dismantle the club

Dante repped this.
  7. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    I dunno, why would Elliot have helped fianance the deal when there was publicly known info that this was a huge liability from the get go? These guys do not do favors for people at this level, I wouldnt be surprised if it become a vanity probject for Paul Singer...

Paul is a big Arsenal fan and has two sons who would probaly love to own a football club. This is a perfect oppurtunity to grab a football team for cheap and let the chinese pay for part of it. Alternatively, he could buy in on and let the chinese still have it which opens more doors for him in China for business.

He may just sell it like you said, but there is incentive to keep it.

8. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What do you mean why? Money, thats why, this is what they do. Elliot is not going to run a club

scirea6 repped this.
  10. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Because it was written by a Meelanista.

Matteo Bonetti's father used be a vice president of AC Milan. He no longer advertises that fact on his social media accounts, probably because of the nature of his job with Bein Sports, but he's rossonero to the core.

Overall, he's not bad though. He's usually pretty objective when he's announcing matches (at least he was the few times I've heard him), but his written stuff is, or at least can be, very, very biased.

juveeer repped this.
  11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Elliot Management is a vulture hedge fund, there's a reason why the word vulture is used to describe companies like them. They're in it solely for the money and if it goes south they will make sure they get every penny they put in and more, even if it means dismantling the club. They're not in it to manage anything.

juveeer, scirea6 and juventino13 repped this.
  12. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It makes you realize how fortunate this club has been to have the Agnellis as our owners/patrons. By no means perfect, but so much better than the rest. Over L'Avvocato's and Umberto Agnelli's dead bodies would they have allowed anybody to exploit Juventus.

Even for Berlusconi, AC Milan were just a means to a political end. When that was over, he dumped the club on Li, his "associates," and Elliot Management.

juveeer and Dante repped this.
  13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Napoli are out of Europe, despite winning 2-0 today.

Now they can focus on taking 2nd place in Serie A.

scirea6, phat, juveeer and 2 others repped this.
  14. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL Yeah

15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Atalanta just blew it against Dortmund. At least they will have some tired legs for our doubleheader coming up.

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sad for the team of Atalanta, but happy that their fans no longer get to continue with their racist chants.

17. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am sad too. I would have loved to see them in the round of 16 and they really played well enough to deserve to go through. Although I'm not gonna lie, their backline has always worried me. They can make stupid mistakes and it has costed them in the Serie A before. I even said to myself that Dortmund will score in Italy, so Atalanta need to score two which they almost did but those missed chances proved costly.

18. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What’s wrong with you saps. Did you forget the diving theatrics of Gomez when we played them earlier in the season? We play them twice in 4 days. Get your priorities straight.

phat and juveeer repped this.
  19. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2669 Dante, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    Sad only because I wanted the Juve players to get some more experience and come to Juve even more seasoned. Plus imagine if they win it, 5 Serie A teams in the CL would make heads explode.

juveeer repped this.
  20. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #2670 scirea6, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    *coughs* Now, of course you're not including all of us who post on this Juventus sub-forum in that statement...

However, I think what @Dante means is that Atalanta's elimination is regrettable in the sense that it's a good opportunity for the Juve-owned players to gain more experience. He doesn't mean 'sad' in the sense that he's at all sympathetic for a Serie A "rival."

I know he wouldn't do that to me...

juveeer repped this.
  21. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No way would Atalanta have won it. Remember Atletico Madrid is in this tournament and I believe they are strong favorites. Zenit, Arsenal, Milan, or Lazio probably would have knocked Atalanta out eventually.

However Lazio or Milan could win it. I am really liking how Milan are looking now. Might be second strongest after Atletico although Arsenal is up there too.

1. Atletico Madrid
    2. Arsenal
    3. AC Milan
    4. Dortmund
    5. Zenit
    6. Lazio
    7. RB Leipzig
    8. Lyon

22. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    There's nothing ever to like about AC Meelawn. Ever.

Dante repped this.
  23. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah there is. Liverpool making chokers out of them. I loved that.

scirea6 and juventino13 repped this.
  24. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    You admitted to liking Snarling Dog, so that is one thing.

And you have to admit we all liked them giving us Pirlo for free.

25. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Europa League draw:

• Lazio vs Dynamo Kiev
    • RB Leipzig vs Zenit
    • Atletico Madrid vs Lokomotiv Moscow
    • CSKA Moscow vs Lyon
    • Marseille vs Athletic Bilbao
    • Sporting vs Viktoria Plzen
    • Borussia Dortmund vs Salzburg
    • AC Milan vs Arsenal