News: The Other National Teams Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You will have to find a stream. No network I know of is carrying the match

Keko repped this.
  2. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    TL; DR

EDIT: goddamit O14, you had to screw up my response, didnt you?? :speechless:

3. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    FTFY

4. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Why would they??

Why would anyone wanna carry this complete utter disaster of a "football" team

5. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Thats what they said about (prior 2008) Spain too

6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You'll be out in the 2nd round. You know its true

7. Are we now copying the Mexico vs USA thread? Come on.

8. https://www.ad.nl/buitenlands-voetbal/dader-smerigste-wk-tackle-ooit-overleden~a86f2340/
    I just a few days ago watched the women WC handball match Orange vs Cameroun. The first thing I noticed the women are as fouling and playing brutally as their male soccer country representatives.
    I get a foul taste in my mouth from the word Cameroun and that handball match proved it isnot a soccer problem at all. It's an innate national Cameroun problem.
    I've criticezed in the (recent) passed the KNVB for playing "friendlies"against those thugs and unfortunately was proven right by the sheer endless efforts of those criminals to injure the Orange players.
    We never, as any sound minded FA should, ever must play againsrt them unless in a tournement by necesity. And then I would urge the coach to field two butchers with only one target, eliminate the thugs of them without getting a red card and then sub them out for the skilled player.

9. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
  10. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Van Marwijk will manage Australia at the WC. You now have a team to support this summer.

11. Australia isnot that good, so not much to cheer. Would have been funny if they could be in the same group as Saudi and then whopped those asses. But they both are fillings for the groups, so no way.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  12. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Poland. Just imagine if they won the World Cup.

Let's support underdogs. But not Iceland :mad:

13. HansWorldCup

HansWorldCup Member

Roma
    Sweden
    Jan 10, 2018

I dont agree with you at all.
    The big names are germany, Portugal, france, belgium and spain i think.
    So Denma

14. HansWorldCup

HansWorldCup Member

Roma
    Sweden
    Jan 10, 2018
    Cant delete it. I write everything again

15. HansWorldCup

HansWorldCup Member

Roma
    Sweden
    Jan 10, 2018
    Oki i dont agree with you at all.
    And thats not true.
    I suppose you compare the Europe teams how they was in Brazil 2014.
    The big teams i suppose you mean France, Germany, Belgium, Spain and Portugal.

Denmark looks really good and have an interesting team. I think maybe they was one of the best team in Europe 2017 after the summer. (didnt qualify to brazil)

Iceland with the golden generation. I think they are better now with more routine.
    (didnt qualify to Brazil)

Poland i think are just under the 5 big teams. They can go really deep in Russia. I think they had won the Euro 2016 if they didnt lost that penalty shootout against Portugal. (didnt qualify to Brazil)

Serbia, forna yugoslavia are back. I think they have a really interesting team. But it can be fiasco, the history say so but i dont know. Savic with the team now too and some other players that didnt played in the qualify.

England looks better. They was not a hit in Brazil either.

Croatia looks better. (the Croatia people i have talked to say that too. Croatia was out at the group stage too like England.)

Russia are better now. They was out at the group stage too and didnt played good at all. And now they are playing at home too.

Switzerland, i think are good. North Ireland are not easy to play against. Germany won with 2-0 and 3-1 at the qualify. And Swiss had many chances, they could won with 3-0 but they need a better striker. They have Embolo but he is injured now i have been told.

And we have my country left, Sweden. Yes we was lucky against you the first match. But the second match we didnt played, we was thinking about the play-off matches. And that was the first match with our new coach and many new players. And without Zlatan. We had been a Zlatan team for many years. And maybe it was the same for you. But you could see against the matches against France we was a better team. The players had found their roles on the pitch and knew what to do.Yes we was lucky with that goal against France, but they got an offside goal when we played at them in France and it was 1-0 to us. Or maybe it was 1-1, i dont remember. And we won over Italy in the play-off. We are a much better team now if you look with the last years with Zlatan. In euro 2016 we were so bad.

And Italy missed, but the last world cup they was also out at the group stage.
    You guys were in the semi final but you are not the same team anymore.
    And the five big teams, Portugal out in the group stage in Brazil, i think they are better now, they didnt played so good either.

Spain are ofc better.

Belgium are 4 years better and with more routine. Hazard, Kevin de bruyne etc are all better players.

France looks stronger. I think they can win.

And Germany even if they won i think they are better now.

So for me the europe teams that go to Russia are better.

16. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree all the European teams are the same and better.

Russia 2018 > Russia 2014 (Russia will be a little better at least, especially as hosts)
    Spain 2018 > Spain 2014 (By a Mile)
    Portugal 2018 > Portugal 2014 (Also By a Mile)
    France 2018 > France 2014 (France has more experience and will be a little better team. They lacked confidence as a team in 2014)
    Croatia 2018 > Croatia 2014 (Also By a Mile)
    Switzerland 2018 = Switzerland 2014 (I'd say they are about the same)
    Germany 2018 = Germany 2014 (Also about the same)
    Belgium 2018 > Belgium 2014 (Still problems, but play better as team now. I really think they were only a mediocre side in 2014, but now they are a big team)
    England 2018 = England 2014 (Probably the same, but at least have a much easier group this time)

Then we have Poland, Sweden, Serbia, Iceland, Denmark vs Netherlands, Greece, Italy, and Bosnia. One extra European team this time.

Now I am not sure if any of these new teams will be better than Netherlands 2014, because that was a real masterclass by LVG. However otherwise I would say this:

Sweden = Greece 2014
    Serbia = Bosnia 2014
    Poland = Italy 2014

Denmark and Iceland are probably superior to the 3 European teams I listed above.

I was just thinking about Group D again, and gosh if Iceland and Croatia can pull something like what happened in 2002, it would be amazing.

Argentina was one of the favorites in 2002 in a group with Nigeria, Sweden, and England. If Iceland and Croatia can repeat what Sweden and England did, that will be amazing for UEFA!!!

17. HansWorldCup

HansWorldCup Member

Roma
    Sweden
    Jan 10, 2018
    #967 HansWorldCup, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Yea i agree with you too, almost more than that i wrote :) you summing it up much better with your english :)

hmm but
    Serbia = Bosnia 2014

I dont like that "Sweden - Greece 2014", Greece did a good qualify, yes like Sweden but Greece after they won that Euro 2004, frankly i dont think i have enjoyed a match with them in any championship they have qualified too. I mean in Brazil, it was the same like always and someone from Ivory Coast was really stupid and Greece got a penalty in the last minute. Greece advanced. I think Sweden gonna perform better.

Like you said, Iceland better.

Poland - Italy 2014, but i think Poland gonna do better results.

And i have
    Denmark - The Netherlands 2014 = oki, i cant understand how The Netherlands went to the semi final. Yes i know 5-1 against Spain, that was a great match from The Netherlands, Spains era was over there with Boom crash Boom.

18. HansWorldCup

HansWorldCup Member

Roma
    Sweden
    Jan 10, 2018
    Well England too, i think they have a better team :)

19. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Have you seen Sweden? They really are not that good. Many people are really overrating them. Yes they are better than the past Swedish teams we have seen recently, but still. I watched both playoff legs, and honestly they were really shit. That goal was very lucky. We were even worse to be honest, but we killed them in the second leg and got unlucky. And I can tell you under Ventura we were a very shit team as well. Greece 2014 actually had a superior team on paper than this Swedish team. Look at the actual Swedish players, do you see any of them playing in UCL? Maybe 1 or 2, but that is pretty much it. In fact the only players I even know are Lindelof of Man Utd and Forsberg of RB Leipzig. Lindelof isn't even a starting player for Man Utd. Greece at least had Kostas Manolas, Sokratis, and quite a few Olympiacos players. Not to mention Olympiacos made Round of 16 in 13-14 season and almost knocked out Man Utd. I think the 2 teams are very comparable.

Poland might get some better results because they have a slightly easier group than Italy 2014 did and it is in Europe, but I think they are comparable. This is not the Poland of Euro 2016.

You know you might have a point here actually. Now that I think about it, Denmark did have some impressive results recently but also got a few results in very ugly ways, just like Netherlands 2014. Netherlands were impressive in group stage, but not so much in the knockouts. I still think Netherlands 2014 is a little superior though. Denmark is maybe more like Chile 2014.

20. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    On another note I say Iceland is like Costa Rica 2014.

21. HansWorldCup

HansWorldCup Member

Roma
    Sweden
    Jan 10, 2018
    #971 HansWorldCup, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    yes i have seen Sweden, im from Sweden Yes i know Italy wasnt good under Ventura but what the hell Spain got 1-1 too. And i know the players.
    And again, yes i know we dont have any star players anymore. But we are better without Zlatan.
    But the coach we had before was garbage.
    The new coach we have made a team again, those things that have always made what Sweden have been famous for.We dont always playing the most attractive football but we got the results. Not always ofc.
    And the Italy matches, i think the first match, a draw was fair but we did a goal.Lucky.
    And the second, we played on a result, i think you was close do score in the first half min 30-45. Lucky Italy didnt score.
    Ok but i think the Italy team had a superium team on paper too, yes i know Ventura and
    pure luck. But i think France had a superium team on paper too. And we won. But we was lucky there too, and the match we lost at France, they got an offside goal when it was 1-0 to us or 1-1 i dont remember, but what the hell, probably we was just lucky that match so they desereved that goal.

So i looked at Greeece qualify, in 10 matches they had 25 points (good) and 12-4 mmmmm. Lost points to Bosnia. the only good team in the group. It was a really easy qualiy group.
    And at the world cup, 0-3 to Colombia, oki Colombia was good, 0-0 against Japan, Japan was not good, and 2-1 against Ivory Coast, Not the best Ivory Coast but they gave a penalty to Greece in the last minute so they could advance. So sure, they have players in bigger clubs and have superior team on paper but i think Sweden are better.
    But i havent seen Greece qualify matches, but if you did, what matches impressed you so much ?
    Slovakia 1-0 ?

But i agree with you, Denmark = Chile.

Not with Poland. I think they can go to the semi.

22. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The fact that Greece pretty much won every single game in their group except for Bosnia was quite impressive. Their double against Slovakia was pretty good yes.

Their playoff matches vs Romania were amazing, especially first leg. They really played with so much heart and spirit in the playoffs. Defended pretty well, bossed the midfield, etc.

During the World Cup, Colombia was a world class team. Japan was not that good. Greece played well vs Ivory Coast. Also against Costa Rica, they did well to get that last goal in dying minuets and defended pretty well in extra time.

23. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Many people said the same about Italy 2014 before the World Cup. Italy was the favorite to win their group and were expected to at least go on to quarters, while many people tipped them semifinalists. Although quite a few people tipped them as a group stage exit. It was 50-50, and I believe its the same with Poland this time. You do know a fair number of people are predicting Poland not to get out of their group right? I'd say its 50-50 but I definitely do not see them as semifinalists. If they go in as second in the group, I am pretty sure Belgium will beat them in Round of 16. If they qualify as winners, England will give them a tough time, and if they do get past England, Germany will definitely finish them in quarters.

24. HansWorldCup

HansWorldCup Member

Roma
    Sweden
    Jan 10, 2018
    No Greece was not at all haha. They was so terrible.
    Ok good for you if you think that about Poland, and i dont.

25. HansWorldCup

HansWorldCup Member

Roma
    Sweden
    Jan 10, 2018
    And against Slovakia i read they was lucky.. Im pretty sure you gonna say you saw that match too
    And against Romania, they was lucky they got Romania. They have not been good for a long time. But again u dont even read what i say., you can not change your mind either, pointless and boring to discuss with you. (if i was you i would say"yes true that qualify group was easy indeed and they was lucky they qualify to the next round at world cup etc" but nope, I can easily change my mind and agree with some points but when u ask me if i have watched swedens matches..... I wrote i was from Sweden when i explained how good we was and we was lucky against the dutch the first match.
    Im never gonna change my mind about Greece. They was a easy qualify group and with those result they didnt impress me, and didnt impress me at all at world cup. But we stop here. I think Sweden was in a much harder qualify group, i think Italy with Ventura was betterr than that Romania. For me Sweden have impressed me much more and with all the Swedish matches i have seen i think they have looked better than Greece, what i saw from World cup. But whatever i stop here,

And if you think so about Poland oki, but i think they are better. Not so much to discuss.