News: The Other National Teams Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Mar 30, 2012.

1. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Lol @ Spain. Taking it a bit too far with 6 natural midfielders and 0 attackers. Italy looks surprisingly decent.

2. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Pirlo Perfection.

This is what Italy can do. They are a team that can beat Spain.

30 minutes still to go. Let's see how Spain reacts.

3. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Great goal. 1-1. Game on.

4. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If Torres was on form he would probably have a hattrick. The guy is so talented,so freaking fast. Can easily beat any stopper & amazing dribbler. If only he was a better finisher.

Great goal by Di Natale,respect. And as I thought Silva & Iniesta were Spain's 2 best players.

Biscuits + Alonso is way too defensive. Both sit too deep & contribute nothing in attack & even Xavi is not an ouright No.10. Arbeloa is much more defensive than Ramos at RB.

The team in general is not that attacking AND CAN BE BEATEN. If Oranje had beaten Denmark,I think there was a huge chance to win the tournament

5. KPSmit

KPSmit Member

Nov 26, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Why can't we have a coach like Prandelli.... A coach who isn't afraid to switch around the formation... I rather liked their formation and i think it would work okay for us(on paper at least)

GK
    Heitinga De Jong Mathijsen
    Kuyt/VDW Sneijder MVB Afellay
    RVP Huntelaar Robben

or even

GK
    Heitinga De Jong Mathijsen
    Kuyt/VDW Sneijder MVB Afellay
    Robben
    RVP Hunter

- i think it would be interesting to see Robben behind the 2 strikers. With his speed and general quickness, he can go right down the middle, left or right... would be interesting. But, not going to happen...

Good game for Italy.

6. runnerup

runnerup Member

May 15, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    What surprised me about Spain, is how weak their system was defensively. Italy made a good study of the Barcelona-Milan matches.
    Those systems with four defenders plus two in midfield, and then four upfront to sort it out - Spain, Holland, it's just not good enough. The difference is that Spain can bring in different options, Navas, Torres, Llorente, where Holland, well, can do the same, actually - but won't bring Narsingh and Luuk or Lens. Different level too.
    I think Germany's 4-2-3-1 is different, with those two very wide wingers, so there's so much room for the midfielders to come into. Plus there's Goetze, Reus, Klose and some others. Let's hope they get trouble finding the right 11 and keeping the bench quiet.

7. KPSmit

KPSmit Member

Nov 26, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We have the same problem keeping the bench happy with Huntelaar/Kuyt...

8. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Good game Italy vs Spain. Enjoyed it. Italy fresh and sharp. Casano made me laugh so hard with that move towards Casillas. Boefje. Balotelli how he kept in that ball with scorpion kick was nice and then doing everything right to get into scoring position or just assist but descides to walk on Casillas so the back could come back and disposses him. Hilarious.

Had the most laughs in this game.

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We had a party to go to so I missed the match. Funny, I was in Italy for two weeks last month and everyone I talked to thought their team was rubbish and in a rebuilding mode. It will be interesting to see if they can build on the result today. I've always had a fondness for their NT; maybe it's the cool blue kit tops.

10. runnerup

runnerup Member

May 15, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Same here. It´s their national anthem too.

11. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I have opposite sources saying that they thought they could make it as Italy does well with scandals at home, to bounce back from. Maybe both is true at the same time and are arguments that are used by optimists and pessimists for the different scenario's that are possible.

Also I have perceived Italy always as the enemy of football. A story needs a good guy (us) and a bad guy (Italy). Between these poles we have the Germany's, the Portugal's etc. .

However times change. We went to play another type of football under BvM that does not grant to brag about if it comes to beauty and Italy at the moment plays far more attacking and fresh football.

I loved that Pirlo pass and the pass of that midget that came from Juventus some time ago. Always loved Giovinco.

Much of my bad sentiment can also be tracked back from Euro 2000 when Totti did a Panenka on VDS.

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    LOL, he was one of the biggest cheaters in International football. By all rights he should have been born in Portugal.

13. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    He was very dissappointing (apart from his assist), i think he won't start the next match.
    Iniesta was huge, Xavi too in the 2nd half.

14. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Spain should drop Xabi Alonzo, move Iniesta back into the midfield and put a forward. Either Torres as a striker and move Cesc to the wing or put on Pedro

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    del Bosque is a worse manager than BvM; he just has more talented players to work with.

16. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    www.truth.org

17. Michael Korleone

May 28, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Anyone interested in England vs France?

England lining up 4-2-3-1
    --------------Hart--------------
    Johnson--Lescott-Terry--Cole
    --------Milner---Parker-------
    Oxlade-----Gerrard-----Young
    ------------Welbeck-------------

Ox and Johnson looking to exploit Evra (LB) and Mexes (LCB)

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Should be a fun match to watch. Both teams have problems but I go with France as they will have better attacking options.

19. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm going to watch. Quite curious about the French and how they deal with England. Also curious about the Ox. I like youthful players in a national side. It brings freshness. New elan. Bravado. Think about what Clasie would have done for the Dutch NT instead of van Bommel against Denmark. Ola John. Narsingh. Bending in those crosses on Huntelaars head, instead of always going inside. Before you know it, you have some surprise. That's what the youth brings.

Overall I want to say that I think the level of football has been better than at the WC so far. I have yet to see a truly dull game. I even think the opening match had ingredients to call entertaining. Then again, maybe I have lowered my standards after the WC. Hope this game creates some fire as well.

20. Michael Korleone

May 28, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Euro Kup generally provides more excitement than the World Cup as 16 best nations make it to the tournament with one of the groups inevitably being Group of Death. Too bad that Platini doesn't agree with this idea and decided to kind of dilute the competition by increasing the participants to 24 next time.

21. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    City players on the score sheet.

1-1

Oke to nice game. Bit low tempo, but the first half had his moments. Milner should have scored. Ox did nice. The goal they conceded is a bit just as England defends in their own box. That has it pro's, but for a keeper it can be difficult to react quickly as his view is blurred by the body's and legs in front of him. Nasri faked with look and body movement a shot in the far corner but shot it in the short one.

The low tempo is a bit on France. Their build up and position game is slow. Almost lethargic. They need to speed up. England appears faster and a bit fresher. Also because of the youngsters in English team as I have said before the game. The effect is visible.

Second half, game on.

22. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Cause it increases the money and lessens the chance that big nations drop out. Kind of Champions League plot.
    Money increases and in the long run the big nations will also get the biggest chunk of it.

23. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    End result: 1-1 between England and France

Second half was oke. France just was very cautious. Their build up is pretty slow. England looked for me a bit faster, but that also comes with quick outbreaks. At a certain moment the roles turned and England was on the French half.

All in all England did nice and France a bit disappointing. Hope England keeps playing the youngsters as it looks fresh that way.

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wow, two goals in six minutes. Czech's are on fire! Hard to see the Greeks coming back in this one.

25. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I have a weak spot for the Czech ever since Nedved and especially after they went to the gates of hell to get a win over Germany in 2004 to knock them out and let us advance. A nation that is always competitive in sport and football for that matter.