PBP: The Other MLS Teams' Paraphernalia Thread: Now Legal in Two States

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by KCbus, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice analogy.

Some clown of a kid, who had been with USSF for 8 months had just been promoted from intern to, well, one step above an intern. They put him in charge of "liason" with AO because, well, it's unimportant. He and they cooked up this "take over Columbus" thing between themselves and as I put it to someone at Soccer House, "nobody thought it might be important to have a grownup in the room".

At that point USSF/Seattle/AO arrogance took over, and they wouldn't listen to anybody.

My favorite part was when someone at the fed bragged to me that AO had sold 7000 tickets and thus they had to let them run some things. I told him that if I started something called The Amazing Super Cool Soccer fan Guys Club and they gave me 7000 tickets to US/Mex that I could sell them just as quickly. It's called the internet.

I may have added that selling US/Mex tix was about as hard as selling beer and pussy on a troop ship.

ElJefe, Draghignazzo, kgilbert78 and 2 others repped this.
  2. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I largely agree. And I think this is the direction that the league is going to have to eventually move to. But it's probably another 10 years away before it's done on a mass scale.

3. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Precisely.

You could have given those 7000 tickets to any organization. The Republican national committee. Doctors Without Borders. The Red Cross. The Knights of Columbus. The local janitors' union. The PTA. Doesn't matter. Those tickets were going to sell themselves.

The only possible group that might have had trouble unloading those things would have been Chivas USA. I don't know if selling 7000 tickets was in their DNA.

ElJefe, Robbo Crewfan and POdinCowtown repped this.
  4. WTAMUCrew

WTAMUCrew Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Amarillo
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ohhhhh come on KC you're better than that. Just pissing on a grave at this point. Still I laughed...

5. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
  6. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time to break this one off and start fresh.

kgilbert78 repped this.