The Other Juve related news discussion thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by 1251alex, Jan 20, 2011.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That’s true and I don’t like the turf either. Selling 71,000 tickets to a soccer game in Atlanta however , is unheard of. No one in their right mind could have predicted this would happen a year ago. Only the New York Cosmos with their superstar cast of players 40 years ago are the only other team who could draw this many fans.

I never believed or dreamed Atlanta could pull in this many fans in 100 years. For a team that is only 13 months old, you have to give them credit. To me anyway, it’s a pretty incredible accomplishment.

usnroach and Dante repped this.
  2. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    When do tix go on sale, any idea?

3. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Allegri has won the 2017 Panchina d'ora, the prize for best Serie A coach.

5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    phat and juveeer repped this.
  6. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Juventus US tour:
    • 25 July - Bayern Munich - Philly
    • 28 July - Benfica - Red Bull Arena
    • 4 Aug - Real Madrid - Landover, MD
    Plus some all-star match

7. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Looking forward to that. If we win, we can equal Roma's illustrious trophy cabinet.

phat repped this.
  8. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    MLS should have picked a middle of the road squad. Real Madrid could very well embarrass the all stars more than usual.....

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CONI pres. Giovanni Malago confirms Serie A teams will soon have reserve/B teams "It'll happen, I know because I attended a meeting with the [FIGC] commissioner, a statement will be issued soon. Not sure if it will be implemented next season or the one after, but it's happening."

juveeer repped this.
  11. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    This is good news.

Esp. if they end up banning loan deals.

phat repped this.
  12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently the Serie A International TV rights will be announced soon, as in who'll be showing what...

14. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Season two of Juventus on netflix is on tomorrow.

15. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    branding, branding, branding....

Washington Wizards Kelly Oubre Jr.

[​IMG]

phat repped this.
  16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve have announced the following presentations:

Mattia Perin, July 11
    João Cancelo, July 12
    Mattia Caldara, July 13

17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve will receive an additional €8 million from season-ticket sales this season, due to the higher prices. €25 million was last years income and this seasons will jump to €33 million.

18. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Do you know when the stadium naming rights contract is coming up?

19. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  20. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone here subscribe to The Athletic? They’ve had some good footy articles lately, one was about Matuidi’s influence on France and it credited Juve. The other was about Italy’s influences on the French team, from Deschamps to players.

21. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Finally someone notices, or admits, the obvious.

France plays like a late 90's Lipi coached Juventus. And both Matuidi and Pogba were fired here.

Water Carrier has resurrected Pogba's Juve form by playing him in a spot like Conte and Mad Max used him. He needs to leave Mou whether he comes back here or goers to Barca.

22. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Oh and Croatia is pure Serie A with a couple of Barca players in the midfield.

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve sold all available season tickets already, over 29k, despite the 30% price increase.

gumbacicc and DaveyGorgeous repped this.
  24. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  25. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Full statement from John Elkann on the great Sergio Marchionne who is in a coma near death following a routine should surgery and it is sad day for all Ferrari and Juventus fans:

"I am profoundly saddened to learn of Sergio’s state of health. It is a situation that was unthinkable until a few hours ago, and one that leaves us all with a real sense of injustice.

My first thoughts go to Sergio and his family.

What struck me about Sergio from the very beginning, when we met to talk about the possibility of him coming to work for the Group, even more than his management skills and unusual intelligence, were his human qualities, his generosity and the way he understood people.

Over the past 14 years together we have lived through successes and difficulties, internal and external crises, but also unique and unrepeatable moments, both personal and professional.

For so many, Sergio has been an enlightened leader and a matchless point of reference.

For me, he has been someone with whom to share thoughts and in whom to trust, a mentor and above all a true friend.

He taught us to think differently and to have the courage to change, often in unconventional ways, always acting with a sense of responsibility for the companies and their people.

He taught us that the only question that’s worth asking oneself at the end of every day is whether we have been able to change something for the better, whether we have been able to make a difference.

And Sergio has always made a difference, wherever his work took him and in the lives of so very many people.

Today, that difference can be seen in the culture that he introduced in all the companies he has led, a culture that has become an integral part of each and every one of them.

The succession plans we have just announced, even if not without pain from a personal point of view, mean we can guarantee the maximum possible continuity, preserving our companies’ unique cultures.

It has been my privilege to have had Sergio at my side for all these years.

I would ask everyone for their understanding in these circumstances and to respect Sergio’s privacy and that of those who are dear to him."

scirea6 repped this.