The Other Juve related news discussion thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by 1251alex, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    This is based on ........

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve's revenue from the CL over the last 10 years... we're 3rd behind Barca and Real. Not bad considering how many years we weren't in it.

[​IMG]

calabrese8 and scirea6 repped this.
  3. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks to rest of Serie A sucking :)
    So we get more money each year. Hopefully Roma & Napoli fukk up this year too and we go far.

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shareholders' Meeting | Agnelli: “The investigation by FIFA regarding Paul Pogba has concluded without implications for Juventus.”

calabrese8 repped this.
  5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Chelsea manager Antonio Conte hit back at Juventus President Andrea Agnelli. “Sometimes it just takes a little appreciation and maturity.”

The row blew up after Agnelli made a speech today at the Juve Shareholders’ meeting in which he thanked current boss Max Allegri for “doing an extraordinary job, carrying on work that others believed had already been concluded.”

This was a clear allusion to Conte, who walked out after winning three straight Scudetti, just days into the new pre-season training.

Conte replied via his official Facebook page, again naming no names.

“In life you never stop getting to know people… Sometimes all it takes is a little bit of appreciation. And maturity.”

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coming from the guy who bitched and moaned all the time and then walked away. Tons of maturity on his part. Maybe he should take some of his own advice.

7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve fans letting Conte know what's up...

[​IMG]

8. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    He has done the same thing at Chelsea after 1 season, LOL.

9. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    But he is now able to eat at a €100 restaurant!

10. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I don't know. He bitched at Roman all summer about not enough signings. Maybe he only has 50 pounds, not 100.

Falc repped this.
  11. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He was never mature. Ever.

It’s one of the reasons he was such a fan favorite during his playing career. Remember when he traded insults in the press with Marco Materazzi after that game in Perugia? That went on for years, literally. I mean, the fans (myself included) lapped it up at the time. Hell, I still love what he said to that jackass, but one thing it was not was ‘mature’.

But I think this also confirms that Conte won’t return to manage Juventus while Andrea Agnelli is president of the club, which is a good thing, imo. He may not get along with Marotta either, but the theory that he resigned because we failed to to get the players he wanted is clearly nonsense. He might have been unhappy with our signings (although that’s a little rich considering he resigned so early that summer there weren’t many signings to be dissatisfied with), but that wasn’t the reason(s) he quit.

phat, juveeer and Dante repped this.
  12. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Just curious, am I the only one here who still likes Conte? I can certainly understand those of you who are annoyed with him--the way he left certainly would warrant fellow supporters holding a grudge. However, I do feel a sense of gratefulness to him in helping restore us as a powerhouse; not to mention that he was our captain years back. It seems I'm in the minority though.

phat repped this.
  13. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I still like Conte.

14. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I am grateful for what he accomplished and for returning that Juve spirit to the team. But I was tired of his antics and inability to balance the team between competitions.

phat and juveeer repped this.
  15. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like him for his service but hes far too emotional and i hate to play this gamd w him being on the fence about leaving and staying. We need focus and less of that side shit. Also im not convinced he can win us CL just yet. Maybe 5-6 more yrs of experience and he will be more mature.

16. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nope. I still adore him and I always will.

17. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I think what annoyed most supporters were the infamous restaurant comments; especially where, that same season, Allegri almost led us to the CL. Candidly, though, I think most of us probably believed what he said at the time, i.e., that we didn't have the players to compete at the top level in Europe. Credit to Allegri for dispelling that myth.

I will concede that I was among the biggest Allegri doubters when he took helm. I think he has exceeded expectations and certainly deserves to be here. Who knows what the future holds, but if Allegri leaves, I would gladly welcome Conte back.

18. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Conte is afraid of failure. Put him in an underdog situation where expectations are low and he is allowed to exceed, then he is in his environment. Once the bar gets raised and more is expected of him, he bails. That is his history as a coach.

Dante and juveeer repped this.
  19. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    BINGO.

When he went out of the CL in the group stages and he got hammered, that really wound him up and that is why he came out with his restaurant quote- to shift the blame to the Club and away from him.

I like Conte and would welcome him back IF he matures and gets past that, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. It is part of his drive, this fear of humiliation, but like all things it can be taken too far and until he can harness it and get past that he will always have issues.

I expect to see him back in Italy next season though not here. I also expect Max will move on.

20. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would be one of those fans that would never want to see him coach Juve again, his comments towards the end, the way he left and later comments. He can go coach Milan for all I care.

Thanks for your service, but you can promptly ******** off now.

21. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    id prefer Carrera, Inzaghi, or Sarri over Conte in all honesty.

22. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    scirea6, gumbacicc and juveeer repped this.
  23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    I cant imagine him leaving Chelsea unless he gets into a fight with Roman... It's strange to see him coaching there because Roman has a rep for coming down to training and being an overbearing presence, coming to berate underperforming players, I can only imagine how he is to the coach being the blown up exits of previous coaches.

It is also strange to see Conte so animated, like he always had a temper, rode the touchline, but I do not recall seeing him celebrating goals as if he scored them on a regular basis... I remember him being like this at Euro 2016 for Italy several times including hanging on the bench cover like they were monkey balls and screaming C*** of your mother at Giac... but it is strange to see him going so crazy so often on the Chelsea bench..

Or was he just as wild at Juve, I recall seeing him having composure at Juve tho.