The Other Juve related news discussion thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by 1251alex, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Some funky J is not going to attract those kids. Pogba was reaching them. Now we need to depend on Dybala.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  2. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not sure where you live but i see soccer VERY popular these days. a lot of people wear jerseys and all the parks and soccer fields are always full. There are 2 indoor/outdoor companies near my house and they almost never have an open slot to rent the field and they run all kinds of leagues for different ages and expert levels.

same as bars on weekends are usually full of people who watch the game...especially for big games they fill up. its not like before

3. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    soccer thrives in liberal states.

Daei_10 repped this.
  4. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    There are rumors the club is studying the possibility of expanding J stadium already. I always said the stadium should have been bigger in the first place, but whatevs. Not entirely sure of the veracity of this rumor, but its something to keep an eye out for in the near future

6. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NOOOO i love our stadium. Its a perfect size and very cozy. There really is no need for expansion because we hardly ever have it completely full. Even at sold out games you see some empty seats. There really is no reason to spend that kinda money now and deal with the construction BS

7. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    It's not really Juve-related, but this article discusses the upcoming talent in Serie A. The author suggests a prospective formation of Donnarumma; Caldara, Rugani, Romagnoli; Orsolini, Locatelli, Gagliardini, Chiesa; Berardi, Belotti, Bernardeschi. If even 3/4 of these players develop properly, the future looks bright for the national team. http://www.espnfc.us/italian-serie-...olden-generation-emerging-in-italian-football

8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The expansion would not happen anytime soon, as I said, as of now they are studying the possibility of doing so sometime in the future. Right now the rumor just says we are consulting the architect with regards to a possible expansion

9. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If I remember correctly the design allows for it. Its capacity was greatly discussed before its construction, even on these forums we debated it in length.

ArtemioD repped this.
  10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lichtsteiner signed a contract extension today keeping him with the club until 2018.

11. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Falc repped this.
  12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Justice will come!

juveeer repped this.
  13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Let the Goals and Justice Flow!

Falc repped this.
  14. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'm sorry, but what I went through during the summer of 2006...

There is no adequate justice for what we endured that year. They could give us back both of our Scudetti and every cent we had stolen from us, and I still wouldn't forgive a single one of them.

F*ck them all now, then, and forever.

juveeer repped this.
  15. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Yes.

But I would feel a teensy bit better of we got our Scudetti back, wouldn't you?

16. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I would feel like we finally were starting to get what we deserved, so I guess in that sense, I would feel "better".

But it wouldn't affect my resentment and contempt for the rest of Italian calcio, if that makes sense. I'll hate them all for the rest of my life, no matter if we're "compensated" or not.

That hate will never compare in the slightest to my love for Juventus, but I'll never support the Azzurri again or be neutral about other Italian clubs in Europe. I'll never forget, let alone forgive, that they tried to destroy my club. Never.

17. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I just want justice. I am not looking to forgive those bastards. There is no redemption for Inter.

St. Michael's Sword, phat and juveeer repped this.
  18. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    There can never be "justice" for what was done to us. Only varying degrees of possible compensation, none of which would ever fully make up for what they did to us.

For there to be actual justice you'd have to travel back in time and change the entire process, investigation, and adjudication, which is obviously impossible. And therefore any kind of genuine justice is impossible.

Hence my enduring hatred for the Lega Calcio and the FIGC.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  19. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006

EVER!

20. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juventus was fined €10,000 for fans singing degrading chants about Naples during the Coppa Italia Semi-Final.

Meanwhile, Napoli have accused Juve, Atalanta and RaiSport of collusion to fix matches while Lazio fans racially abused Roma defender Ruddier last night for most of the game. No punishments.

But, but, I thought Juve controlled everything.

gumbacicc repped this.
  22. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We do, can't you see? Plain as day

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really Juve news, but news about the FIGC. Carlo Tavecchio was re-elected today. Bad for Italy, bad for Serie A. Italians just really don't like change.

24. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    4 More Years.....with this clown.

25. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    What's the interplay between FIGC and Serie A?