The Other Juve related news discussion thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by 1251alex, Jan 20, 2011.

1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I read the article, and I know that the reason we've done this is to get ahead in the game, and the strategy is going to work because we are the first and its a radical change. Its already paying dividends to the club, and will likely continue to do so. But that doesn't mean the logo change wasn't too extreme not to mention its ********ing ugly as hell. It also doesn't change the fact that they have thrown out the previous 120 years of tradition out the window in order to make a buck, which is fine I guess if they want to stay relevant.

But it bothers me that we are now a brand first and foremost and not a sporting club.

Its ok though, I'll go to the Juventus Night Club and drown my sorrows away. I stand by my earlier statement though, I am not buying a single piece of merchandise with that awful logo

St. Michael's Sword and scirea6 repped this.
  2. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i like to see Ferrari change their logo to a simple F

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another look at the Juve logo, from a site that evaluates branding.

http://www.underconsideration.com/b...y_for_juventus_by_interbrand.php#.WH-3yLGZOWa

I still dislike it, but I've spoken to a number of people I know that work in the marketing field and don't follow soccer, many of whom have no idea who Juve is. All of them liked the change and said it works for a brand. They said it's simple, can easily become recognizable for a name and can be easily used across all mediums. Now granted, I'm still not a fan of it, but just presenting the other side.

juveeer repped this.
  4. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It does nothing for sport branding though. If management thinks it will help them sell jerseys and other sports apparel, they are mistaken. If they think they can create product lines, maybe. The crest/shield is a soccer thing and part of the branding of the sport. Uniforms without a crest look incomplete. Don't mess with what works.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    why are you showing those jerseys (other than NHL) with word marks? I don't see any crests.

Also, there are some bad examples of teams that actually have changed their logos... Marlins, Canucks, the Islanders had a different logo for a couple years, heck even Green Bay's looks nothing like it used to.

Some teams change, some don't. And let's be real, some should. Edmonton's logo is and has always looked like garbage.

Lest we forget that there have been many seasons where there was no Juve badge on a Juve jersey. And then we've also had seasons where there was this...

[​IMG]

Capt.Tsubasa and juveeer repped this.
  7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's also keep in mind that the J-Village project at Continassa opens this summer. New club HQ, new training ground, media center, hotel, International school, stores, restaurants, etc.

The planned on the new logo to coincide with the the opening.

[​IMG]

juveeer repped this.
  8. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    It is unorthodox - right now.

I think if this works you are going to see more clubs do something like this.

Once again Juve are ahead of the curve. All we can do is wait and see what happens.

9. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    The more I see it the better I like it.

From this article here is one of the comments. And if you look at it right he is spot on:

".....

• [​IMG]
            Rico Smith
            Ganjera day ago
            Well the shield is still in there. Through means of "gestalt" the shield is created by the negative space between the lines.

Honestly, Italians rock at design and I think they wouldn't have signed anything off unless they knew how people would respond to it. I think it kicks ass! It's bold. It's bad ass and it just kicks all other lame-o teams that still have shields on their shirts in the face.

It's a winner.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve ranks 10th in Deloitte's ranking of richest football clubs in the world

[​IMG]

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Jeep is owned by Fiat.....

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeep is owned by Fiat Chrysler, who also owns Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Abarth, Maserati and Ferrari. FCA also owns some print media.

What they don't own is Juventus.

So what's your point?

13. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's still affiliated in some way basically a hook up....

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're a publicly traded company, as is Juve. John Elkann is the Chariman, he's also the Chariman of EXOR which has a stake in Juve. So yes, there is a cross with Chairmen, but they can't funnel money from one company to another. There are a lot of financial regulations that they both have to abide by.

Do you care that Pirelli, long time sponsor of Inter, has an actual minority ownership stake in Inter? Or that Pirelli is owned by the Chinese now, and some of its investors are involved with Suning, which has a majority stake in Inter? Inter, Suning and Pirelli are privately held, so they can shift the money around all that they want.

There are other owners in Serie A that use their businesses to help out their clubs. Sassuolo and Chievo come to mind immediately.

Daei_10 repped this.
  15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Moratti or his family sold Pirelli to the Chinese? Damn, so much for #MIGA.

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pirelli was sold to the Chinese in 2015

17. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pirelli tires are shit....especially the P6 :ROFLMAO:

ArtemioD repped this.
  18. paisano22

paisano22 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    From a marketing standpoint I'm starting to think that's it's a great idea in this era of people with short attention spans gravitating to a simple logo like our new one. I'm not a fan of it and miss the old one and hope they keep it perhaps on the back of the collar on the Jersey but to move forward and tap into a new market and bring in more money this needed to be done.

I'm assuming the majority of us in here are American or live in America and if Juventus wants to crack the market here the simple J logo is a home run for the new fans to come in. The sport is very popular with the younger crowds and soccer don't have the stigma it has when I was growing up. People forget there are 300+ million people here and even if only 5% are soccer fans that's still more people than the entire populations of some European countries. The most popular logos here aside from the Dallas Cowboys star are all letters, obviously the Yankeees and the Boston B are the ones that easily come to mind. Even if you see the a NY or B in the non traditional colors of those clubs on a hat or shirt you automatically still think of the Yankees and Boston. Now Juventus took ownership of the letter J.

We seen Juve already try to do this on polos, hats and jackets with just a plain J. The products looked great but if you wore it out nobody aside from Juve fans would really know that was Juve, now with a J logo to call our own people will know it's Juve.

juveeer repped this.
  19. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    J is already synonymous with Jordan's in the states tho

20. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just when you speak...not really as a logo right? you hear people say " i like those J's" but never seen it referred to visually cuz it already has the jumpman as the logo

juveeer, Afghan-Juventus and paisano22 repped this.
  21. paisano22

paisano22 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not as a brand, If somebody walked around with the Juve gear you can find now with that J on it nobody would equate that to Jordan gear just like it wasn't associated with Juve before.. now it is.

juveeer and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  22. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    good points especially considering no one is going to start referring to Juventus as the J's

juveeer repped this.
  23. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No one in America is going to start referring to Juventus as anything because soccer is irrelevant here in 95% of the country for 95% of the year. It becomes slightly relevant on WC years and during summer exhibitions. That's about it.

24. paisano22

paisano22 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You're wrong, the sport is growing especially among younger people who didn't grow up like myself (I'm 41) hearing soccer is a sissy sport. They also had access to watching the sport almost their whole lives on tv so to them it's one of the major sports. My job has me on college campus' often all over the northeast and without a doubt the highest number of jerseys I see worn by the kids aside from basketball are soccer.

Daei_10 repped this.
  25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My kid plays lacrosse and during the winter months they practice at the local dome, who claim to be the largest in the country, the dome is primarily home to the many soccer clubs in the area. Every Sunday, when he has practice, I'm there and 3/4 of the place is playing soccer, all ages, the kids that are walking around when not wearing their club stuff are wearing all soccer gear, Barca, Real, ManU and Chelsea are the most popular. They have everything from jerseys, tees, shorts, backpacks, hats, jackets, you name it they have it. That's who Juve needs to target in the US.