The Other Juve related news discussion thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by 1251alex, Jan 20, 2011.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I remember Zauli the player when he played at Vincenza, Bologna and Palermo. He had a lot of hype in his playing days and was a good free kick taker with a nose for the goal although he never scored that many.

2. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The numbers were not much different than the previous season. It was just the timing of the injuries, which coincided with the Ajax fixture.

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JHotel is expected to open on August 24th.

[​IMG]

phat repped this.
  4. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I am disappointed that it is not designed as a J.

phat repped this.
  5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So a bunch of Juve ultras were raided and the cops found a ton of weapons and neo nazi shit. Great, just great. ******** the ultras, most disgusting group of people in every ********ing team

scirea6 and juveeer repped this.
  6. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Frankly, they should be banned. I don't know how all the clubs have allowed them to infiltrate their fan bases like that.

NicktheGreek and juventino13 repped this.
  7. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #2482 scirea6, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    It's also, like, the least surprising thing ever. And because we're the best supported club in the country, we have more of them.

EDIT: And yep, it's the Drughi. Of course it is.

juventino13 repped this.
  8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    BTW, this means FIFA can't use Juventus' name or stadium so they will called Piedmonte Calcio in FIFA

10. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    FIFA sucks though, I'm happy Juve is back in PES. And of course if they signed an exclusivity deal with Konami they are being paid well for it

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  12. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Likely the weapons were never fired and only dropped once. As with all ultras, cowards unless they are at a 10 to 1 advantage

juventino13 repped this.
  13. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like PES has the same deal with Man U.

14. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yes, and Barca and Bayern as well.

15. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are they using different names on fifa too?

16. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I don't think so, I think Juventus have the only exclusivity deal. Barcelona will be in FIFA due to them having the license for la liga, but the camp nou won't be in the game just like last years edition. I think the same goes for Bayern and ManUre

17. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trailer for PES 20!
    It looks amazing!

juventino13 repped this.
  18. JDogindy

JDogindy Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's the thing; while FIFA is bigger and more accessible to people, it's the same ol', same ol'. PES is, while flawed in its own ways, at least something different, and can allow you to actually edit the team information so you can know what you're working with, as opposed to FIFA, where this is what you must put up with each year:

[​IMG]

It's like EA is afraid that if they put in a custom logo developer into their programs, what's gonna happen isn't people kicking the asses of their sad sack designers (seriously, that wolf in this photo was recycled as one of the default selections for moving an NFL team to Toronto in Madden 19), but presumably out of fears that people will just make team logos of giant penises or something.

Afghan-Juventus and juventino13 repped this.
  19. JDogindy

JDogindy Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When you're dealing with friggin' Italian neo fascists in a country where Bentio Mussolini support is still alive and well, shit like this is going to happen. I'm surprised they didn't get busted sooner.

juventino13 repped this.
  20. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    ... um, is that supposed to CR Vasco da Gama, or something? Because I'm pretty sure that's not actually their crest. What's with the husky and the pharaoh?

I'm confused...

21. JDogindy

JDogindy Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, this is me showing off what you get in an EA game outside of FIFA, which may surprise you all. Now, the NHL, NBA Live (yes, people play those), and Madden (NFL) games are made by EA's Tiburon studio, which is based in the Orlando area, while FIFA is made by their Vancouver studio, to avoid confusion.

This is me illustrating the lack of depth you have as far as customization options with your teams in other games in EA's library, and this isn't new; it goes all the way back to the days of the PS2 and original Xbox. If you wanted to create your own team, your logo options were limited to either recycling what existing assets were in the game (this was more generous in the NHL games, as they included legacy logos, allowing people to use older logos to recreate Nordiques and Whalers teams), or be forced to use whatever "creative" assets were made by the Tiburon team, which tended to range from "high school level" to "what the hell?!".

What's the issue is that this feature, which as I said, has stuck around since the early 2000s, hasn't been given an update to allow for people to make their own custom logos or to upload, which is possible in PES, which I assume EA would claim is for copyright reasons, hamstrings your ability to create. Then again, EA does limit your options elsewhere, so it's not like you can create your own leagues to fill in stuff they didn't bother putting in, like a lower level or another country's top flight.

Then again, this is the same company that partitions The Sims and charges $20 for decorative items and $50 for expansion packs.

22. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I should probably have prefaced all of this by mentioning that the last gaming console that I ever played was a Super Nintendo.

So my ignorance about this sort of thing is absolute and tremendous.

23. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    oh and what a system that one was :thumbsup:

scirea6 repped this.
  24. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It so was, wasn't it? :D

It's why I've never felt any interest in contemporary gaming.

25. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy