News: The Other Club Teams Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'm not insulting you. I'm just saying the comparison is way off for many reasons. Wijnaldum was mostly a winger for his first season with Newcastle and he wasn't really given plenty of time to ramp up -- he stepped in and was one of Newcastle's best players from the start and was their best player that season in general (leading to Liverpool buying). Klaassen was a bit unfortunate because Everton was in a really bad place when he started, but Newcastle was too. Klaassen is simply not the same tier of player and it's not because of adjustment, and while they occupied similar space at one point I don't think they were that similar as players is all.

2. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  3. Orange14 and Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  4. Wow, did that PSG coach make a big mistake by subbing out striker Cavani for a defender. He gave Zidane the opportunity to sub in two attackers, because a killer was taken of the pitch and it resulted in two goals.
    That sandhopper who owns PSG probably has wasted 500 million €€ in his bid to win the CL this year.

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^It was hard for me to support either side in that match as they are the two clubs I hate the most. Unai Emery will be sacked if PSG go out of the CL.

6. Wonder indeed if he survives elimination. Last season with a 4-1 lead he went into the Barcelona away match with a defensive set up and was demolished with 6-1. He seems not to learn from tactical mistakes.

7. This was, from a football loving perspective, a terrible weekend.
    All three big Dutch clubs plus their opponents delivered soccer at a level that would put Luxembourg league full of shame. It was terrible. Players with no clue whatsoever about positioning in the right place, terrible passing and worse ball control. Build up play was almost non existent. Have they all been very drunk during carnival?

Orange14 repped this.
  8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^Truthfully, I see little difference in Ajax since ten Hag took over after the winter break. I saw huge amounts of space in the middle of the pitch on the PEC side and no Ajax MF had the common sense to move into the space at all. Ajax are so predictable in trying to attack down the wings that opponents don't defend the middle at all. It's just disgusting.

9. After Lozano red card for an elbow and suspension for the same thing for Matavz based on video evidence I wonder what's going to happen to Huntelaar after his elbow on the PEC defender. If the Matavs sentence is the standard it doesnot look good for Lozano and KJH.

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^If it's the play I think you are mentioning, I don't think it was an elbow but rather a slap with the forearm. these are always hard to figure out. I didn't see the other two that you mention. anyway, we'll see what happens.

11. It wasnot an elbow, but a strike to the face and everybody, but KJH and Ten Hag, say it was a red card, because of a striking move hitting the player.
    But probably he'll escape punishment if the ref says he saw it and didnot deem it a foul, so didnot whistle.

12. As I expected Huntelaar dodges the bullit as the ref judged the situation and decided not to whistle.

13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    BRILLIANT pass from Strootman, BEAUTIFUL toepoke from Dzeko.

1-0 Roma

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Jaap Stam is sacked by Reading, Club reached the promotion playoffs last season but is only three points above the drop to the English third division.

15. I'm getting major league fed up with van Hanegem.
    Now he has some comments on the fact people applaud for Lennart Thy around the fields in the Eredivisie.
    Van Hanegem: 'Eigenlijk triest dat we voor Thy klappen'
    Voetbal International-18 mrt. 2018
    Willem van Hanegem is verbaasd over de manier waarop de barmhartige daad van VVV-Venlo-aanvaller Lennart Thy is ontvangen op de Nederlandse velden. 'Het zou eigenlijk normaal moeten zijn dat we elkaar helpen', aldus de columnist in het AD. De Duitser was afwezig bij het duel met PSV (3-0

When you cannot even be positive about a positive thing happenening then it really is time to SHUT THE FVCK UP WILLEM

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Looks like Serie A and Portuguese league are going down to the wire. Gonna be exciting to see who wins. Napoli stand a good chance and have an easier schedule then Juve does. Sporting play Benfica at home May 5th to perhaps decide the title

wilson00 repped this.
  17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It was really a dramatic winning goal in the Juve/Napoli match yesterday. Koulbaily's header was so hard that Buffon had no chance and his jump in the air was basketball like.

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I just noticed Porto have a game in hand on Sporting and Benfica, so if they win today they are the favourites

19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    FC Porto now leading the league by 2 points

20. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I dunno..............2 away goals counts for a lot.

HHhhmmmm

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Barcelona found this out the hard way!!!!

22. This is a CL knock out campaign like we used to have in the golden days of the non commercial Europa Cup I times.

23. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Liverpool propped the door open a little tiny bit yesterday... but Van Dijk will slam it close once and for all! BTW, I wish Mo Salah was Dutch, so much flair and smoothness in his game.

24. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  25. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^If de Gea moves to Madrid he will go for more than €60M.