News: The Other Club Teams Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    After De Boer, Jonker, Koeman and Bosz were sacked all of those clubs are in better shape under new management. BVB was the only one not in the relegation zone when the manager was sacked and after a long string of failing to win games under Bosz they've started winning again since Stöger took charge. The other 3 clubs have been lifted out of the relegation zone. Everton are even in the top half now.

No Dutch manager is currently employed at a club in the top 5 leagues. So what's the highest ranked league that still has at least one Dutch manager? I guess the 13th ranked league, Holland, is the highest one that still has at least one Dutch manager. In Europe, Eredivisie clubs have been underperforming for years (Czech Rep. are about to overtake Holland). Are the managers to blame?

I hear Van Gaal wants another crack at the PL (seeking revenge/to clear his name). Yet after the Man United debacle I doubt the top clubs are after him. Everton probably would have been the biggest one before big Sam came in. Saints ATM? Van Gaal's bloated ego is blissfully unaware it seems. What a narcissist knob.

1. [​IMG]

Aké aangever in waar dramastuk: 'Ik voegde een vleugje magie toe'
    He was terrible again. And he has no clear picture of his real real value, considering his comment. What bothers me most from what I see is his complete lack of any tactical know how. He just is clue less. Given Bruma was like that when he came from Chelsea too to PSV, one really has to question the quality of the academy coaches over there.

2. German fans make clear they're not amused by americanization of their football icons.
    http://www.dw.com/en/german-football-is-at-a-crossroads/a-41861145

[​IMG]

Helene Fischer's appearance didn't go over well with Frankfurt and Dortmund fans

The DFB thought it to be a good idea to copy the superbowl shit and got the response they deserved.
    The pinstriped gang is ever more pushing soccer in a direction the fans donot want and get payback. We see that also in the changing nature of the CL having negative effects on viewership.

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Rory Smith is one of the more interesting writers on soccer. In his New York Times column today he discusses the huge gap between the EPL teams and how this affects the tactics. I watched the ManU Everton match yesterday and it was pretty numbing football from Everton as they were just playing not to concede. Of course we see similar tactics in the Dutch league.

4. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I wonder where Klaassen is gonna wind up

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Maybe Groningen if he is lucky.

6. Why is Fer playing matches and Klaassen not? Everton isnot a better team than the club Fer is playing for.

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That is harsh. That is really, really harsh :(

8. Why? If you payed attention FC Groningen is the starting place of the most expensive players from the Eredivisie (Robben, Koeman, Suarez, Virgil van Dijk).
    So probably the best thing that can happen to him;)

9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sometimes the truth hurts I guess :(

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Swansea are awful and will be relegated; Everton are average and will stay up.

11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I honestly thought Klaassen would do a bit better then what he's showing so far

12. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I'm a bit surprised that Klaassen flopped at Everton. It's never been a secret that he is a limited box to box midfielder with good range and who can score goals, that is a popular type of player at non top sides in the EPL. To me he doesn't seem all that different from Wijnaldum.

I haven't watched his time at Everton, where did it go wrong?

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Pretty simple; he is just very poor on the ball. English game is much too fast for him.

14. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You guys should read some of the posts in the Real Madrid forum. Its comedy gold :D

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forums/real-madrid.241/

They wanna fire Zidane just because they're having a bad year (this is after all he's done for the club).
    They're hating on Ronaldo, even though he has carried that team for half his career.

Madrid fans are the biggest pieces of shit in the entire footballing world. I hope they miss out on Champions L. next year

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That would be great to see but I suspect that they will finish in third place as most of the Spanish league is not very good.

16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm not so sure. Some supporters think Ronaldo is washed up already.
    Kroos is also not playing very well

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think they promoted Zidane way too soon. It's kind of like when van Basten was appointed to be the NT manager after managing the Ajax B side.

18. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You should watch the two some more. Wijnaldum and Klaassen have very little in common besides being Dutch.

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Klaassen is a far more deadly shot than Wijnaldum who is often clumsy with balls in the box (he missed another great scoring chance yesterday). Wijnaldum is more mobile but IMO neither is a long term MF solution for the NT.

20. Klopp, Klopp..
    Who's there?
    Purse with 50 million for Klaassen:D

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What are you going on about now??

22. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Coming out of Eredivisie, both were scouted for similar role/ playing style (free-scoring attacking midfielder). I think Klaassen had too little time to adjust. The spotlight was too hot for him not to fail. And with Koeman axed, he was/is in immediate plunge. Wijnaldum was in a much more "forgiving" environment. Gino's mediocre start was masked by the fact that the rest of Newcastle team was just plain awful, and overtime Wijnaldum somehow managed to appear to be the lone bright spot. Two years adjusting period was the difference maker for Gino, he moved to Liverpool ready to hit the ground running. And of course, Gino was quite fortunate having a manager like Klopp who is patience with him (putting him in multiple different positions), and seemingly able to bring him the best out of him.

Antario2 and Orange14 repped this.
  23. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Just having played a similar role doesn't do the comparison justice.

Wijnaldum is far more intelligent, much better technically, stronger on the ball and more athletic. You could maybe say that Klaassen has better composure in the box, but even then previous to this season Wijnaldum typically was very good in the final third (though Wijnaldum now plays a deeper role in midfield and isn't expect to be scoring goals anyway).

Also your description above is a bit weird to say the least. How did Wijnaldum get any kind of adjustment period? He was thrown into a team fighting relegation and mustered a very successful season (11 goals, 5 assists) on a very bad Newcastle team with next to no support. He only spent 1 season there and then had a very successful season with Liverpool last season. Klaassen and Wijnaldum are not comparable because Wijnaldum is simply of a different class of player on many different levels.

It's a testament to how good of a player Wijnaldum is that he is being moved further back on the field by Klopp. Watch the City game and you can see just how good of a player Wijnaldum is and why he should be someone we build our NT midfield around (for the forseeable future).

24. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Clarification. I am not comparing "class". I do think Wijnaldum is a cut above Klaassen at the moment. Some may disagree but that's okay, it won't break my heart.

I do believe that, generally speaking, in terms of playing role and style, both are quite similar. Of course, there are differences as some were already pointed out above (honestly, there are no two exact players anywhere in the world). I was simply reacting to the original question as to why two players recruited for the same job performed really well, the other flopped really badly. There is no single perfect answer. But, one explanation from my simple, oft ill-informed, mind was that one given plenty of time to ramp up and now flourishes in a stable environment, the other unfortunately was given little time to adjust and was axed immediately when he couldn't live up to the expectation.