News: The Other Club Teams Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Ajax is going to have a easy match today. The Roda coach is going to put in a considerable number of new players that just arrived at the club. No way they can have glued together as a team to threaten Ajax.
    So a must win for Feyenoord in Enschede this afternoon to keep the safe distance.

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes, and he's at the match today. He probably should get dressed as he's a better striker right now than anyone they have playing.

3. Well, that didnot go as smoothly as expected for Ajax. Probably a bias, but I've the impression that match after match Ajax is getting more problems to win their matches without getting into trouble as they again did against Roda with giving away too many chances. It's bound to go wrong.

4. I wonder whether it is useful for Twente to keep the Manchester City loans after this season. Yeboah had a strong start, but doesnot impress at all for a long time now. The same goes for Ünal, who had a scoring streak, but for matches now doesnot find the net anymore.
    It seems to me that Twente, especially because they willnot play in Europe next year at all because of the punishment given, should better concentrate on developing and playing their youth combined with a few experienced players to coach them. Ship those useless loanes back to England. I'm for a BAN ON (Epl loanes) IMMIGRATION. They block your own youth and you donot get anything back from it.

5. Wow, Sunday Oliseh spanked Jong Ajax consisting of a good number of experienced first team players:

"Fortuna Sittard heeft Jong Ajax verslagen in een waar spektakelstuk: 5-2. Halverwege hadden de bezoekers nog een riante voorsprong.

Jong Ajax-trainer Marcel Keizer (foto) kon maandagavond beschikken over flink wat Eredivisie-ervaring. Donny van de Beek, Mateo Cassierra, Václav Cerny, Frenkie de Jong, Abdelhak Nouri, Jairo Riedewald en Kenny Tete hadden allemaal al ervaring op het hoogste niveau en dat was voor rust ook wel te zien in Limburg.

Door treffers van Cerny en Cassierra ging Jong Ajax rusten met een 0-2 voorsprong, maar de nummer twee van de Jupiler League gaf het in de tweede helft helemaal weg. De thuisploeg van trainer Sunday Oliseh, die in de periode 1997-99 voor Ajax speelde, kwam fabelachtig terug.

Zes minuten na rust zorgde Finn Stokkers voor de aansluitingstreffer, waarna de schade voor Jong Ajax nog beperkt bleef. Maar nadat Perr Schuurs een kwartier voor tijd voor de gelijkmaker had gezorgd, liep de thuisclub over de Amsterdammers heen. Gavin Vlijter en Djibril Dianessy, die twee keer scoorde, bepaalden de eindstand op 5-2.

De tweede overwinning onder leiding van Oliseh was pas de zevende van Fortuna Sittard dit seizoen in de Jupiler League. De Limburgers blijven steken op de zestiende plaats. Jong Ajax staat nog altijd tweede met vier punten minder dan koploper VVV-Venlo, dat maandag verloor van Jong PSV.
    "

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^the majority of goals were scored when Sanniez came on for Riedewald. It was only a year ago when everyone was excited about the player. He has only looked average if that when I've seen him play.

Rinus127 repped this.
  7. scott47a

scott47a Member+

Seattle Sounders FC; Arsenal FC
    Feb 6, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roda JC with two wins in four now. Can't you just feel that Swiss/Russian via Dubai money just pushing them up the table?

8. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    No it s thanks to Anelka :D

scott47a repped this.
  9. I just saw footage of Vitesse supporters making monkey noises towards Ajax goalie Onana on tv.
    Hope they get caught and pay a hefty price for their misbehaviour.

10. Oh dear, Sorting received an offer fromTianjin Quanjian of about 40 million for Bas Dost.

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How soon they forget. Ranieri is sacked at Leicester. Does an unbelievable job in winning arguably the toughest league in football and now is out.

+PL+ repped this.
  12. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    ... and people wonder why players and managers aren't "loyal" to their team

+PL+ repped this.
  13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I believe the term "what have you done for me lately" definitely applies here

+PL+ and Orange14 repped this.
  14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    After the Gijon match yesterday, Luis Enrique announced he is stepping down as Barca trainer at the end of the season. Who moves into what might be the most difficult job in football? Paging Ronald Koeman?????

15. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  16. There were rumours in Spain about Heerenveen having a contract with Real Madrid that there would be a fine for every match Odegaard doesnot play of about 40 000 euro. Streppel reacted like stung by a horse fly. He told he wouldnot work for a club that would tell him to play a certain player.

17. I'm watching Nancy vs Lille OSC. From comments about artificial turf in our leagues you get the impression we are the only ones with those pitches. But I do see there an artificial turf.

18. Looking at FC Twente today I wonder what the use is to play Manchester City loans. You cannot qualify for European football, so it is the perfect time to select promising talents from the country and make use of the absence of pressure to get a Euro place to prepare the talents to be ready when the Euro ban is over. Stupid policy, donot they have brains over there in the stadium? The city (not Mancity!) is a bloody hotbed for technical brains. for heavens sake.

19. I watched the Liverpool - WBA highlights and came to the conclusion their frontline is crap, as most of their defenders. I was disappointed by Origi, as I had great expectations of him. Klopp or no Klopp, with that squad I think qualifying for the EL is the highest possible to get.

20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They have the easiest schedule of the top five teams. All their remaining matches are winnable.

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The whole Bastia - Lyon thing explained:

22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  23. Gsus, met some imbecils in the Real Madrid forum https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/ye...an-watch-thread.2035106/page-21#post-35394927, that I cannot believe there are people incapable of grasping simple judicial principles.
    It was about the fake contract reported by Spanish papers about Heerenveen having to pay a fine, which I with quotes from the KNVB rules showed to be impossible, because illegal. Still they keep on H'veen signed it. Imbecils can be a tiring kind of species.

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It is best to stay away from the Madrid forum. Nothing good happens there

TFC Ajax and Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  25. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands