The only thing you like about POTUS

Discussion in 'Elections' started by +PL+, Jul 17, 2019.

1. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #26 +PL+, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    First round of sanctions during Obama admin was working perfectly. It almost strangled the fanatic regime. Obama let them off early. I don't like orange buffoon but Obama should have waited a little longer. I know he wanted something to add to his foreign policy resume but he was already a good president for me as an American. That deal killed me as an Iranian hopeful to see Iranian regime gone for ever.

Obama could have helped Iranian people twice and he failed both times. (2009 post election unrest & 2015 nuclear deal). I understand he helped American economy by not getting involved in Iranian offers or perhaps a civil war in 2009. He lost a golden opportunity to gain a powerful ally in Middle East. (Iranians were ready for a change but were abondoned by US and European countries. Russians and Chinese bolstered the regime and they crack down on leaders, activists, students and dissidents over next 4 years).

What do you know about the deal benefits? Yes it temporarily put a lid on Iranian nuclear ambitions but it helped them to fuel the sectarianism in Middle East and heat up the war in Iraq, Syria and Yemen. Iranian people got nothing out of it. The housing market, unemployment, trades, healthcare,... Literary nothing changed for the people. The regime got more greedy and crack down continued. Iranian regime spent almost all of money on war in Syria, Iraq and Yemen. Now tell me honestly did the deal made the world a better place?

I tell you this as an advice. Any deal with Iranian regime gives you no benefit other than more bloodshed and misery since they are fanatic religious nutjobs hell-bent on world domination waiting for Islamic messianic figure "Mahdi" who brings back glory of Islam and conquers the world by killing one third of world population (their own saying). They are Shia version of ISIL and their caliphate but have a cover up front as moderate puppet Zarif and Rohani. The puppeteers are Grand Ayatollah Khamenei and IRGC. Now as a rational man tell me "can you trust or deal with such entity?"

If you can weaken the regime with smart sanction which only target elites and leave Iranian people alone, I am all for it, but extending the life of their regime is more crime against humanity. The regime is like criminal red Khmers of Cambodia.

2. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have zero sympathy for religious zealots and they are a danger to democracy and human rights. Having said that, what are your thoughts on the Saudi regime or the UAE for that matter? They are as repressive if not significantly more than Iran's regime? Should the US start a war against them as well?
    Their human rights violations may be even more egregious than the Iranian's.
    Should they get a pass?

3. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #28 +PL+, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Compare the living conditions of an average Saudi or Emirati citizen with an average Iranian citizen. I think Emirati regime is not even comparable while Saudis are less repressive. Saudis harm American interests or the region less than Iranian regime. Saudi public is a lot more conservative compared to Iranian public who are semi secular. Iranian people are less religious and more open to the west but have a more repressive anti western regime! :unsure:

Having said that. I don't think we needed to support them killing civilians in Yemen. If we need to sell armament we can sell defensive weapon to these countries instead of weapon for carpet bombing. If we catch them helping terrorist organizations such as ISIL or Hezbollah, we should put maximum pressure on them or use sanctions to first contain, next change their dangerous foreign policies.

I don't promote going to war to any of these countries. As an American, I believe war is destructive for our economy and should be avoided unless we are being attacked. Puting sanctions and freezing assets is a better and less expensive approach. As an Iranian-American I only support a limited war with Iran if we are being targeted by Iranian regime, but I don't want to ruin American economy to get rid of another dictatorship in Middle East. (So no support for boots on the ground anyway, it is the duty of Iranian people to get rid of the regime, all we can do is to make the regime weaker if they dare to attack us).

4. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I clicked on every individual word in your post and none of them were a hyperlink to Trump's Iran deal. Must be an error on my part.

charlie15 repped this.
  5. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, you are really twisting yourself into a pretzel trying to push a narrative that the Saudis and Emiratis regimes are less repressive than Iran. That is really twisted to say the least. So since they are not "anti- western", they are better options. SMH. Remind me, most of the 9/11 hijackers came from Iran or the Saudi kingdom?
    I guess you are so blinded by your hate of the Iranian mullahs, you have lost sense of facts and reality.

6. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Let's check the facts to compare these countries instead of cheap talk? Shall we?

7. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Involvement in hostile or terrorist activities against American interests.

Saudi Arabia:
    9/11: 15 out of 19 perpetrators were Saudi citizens belonged to AQ a terrorist organization run by OBL living in Sudan and Afghanistan and hunted by Saudi govt.
    Kenya bombing (by AQ)

UAE:
    I can not think of any

Iran:
    Raid on US embassy and hostage crisis : started by fanatic Iranian armed gangs, endorsed and dragged by Islamic regime of Iran.
    American barrack bombing in Lebanon: Done by Lebanese Hezbollah, trained, financed and armed by Islamic regime of Iran.
    Al Khobar tower bombing: Done by Saudi/Labanese Hezbollah, a group trained, financed and armed by Islamic regime of Iran.

Can you see the trend here? Now tell me who is twisting the facts? If you are interested we can continue.

8. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is this under Iran and not Saudi Arabia?

And wasn't the Al Khobar tower bombing in 1996, five years before 9/11?

If the trend is time, why wouldn't 9/11 be the trend?

In which case, shouldn't we use all of these?

https://www.infoplease.com/world/disasters/man-made/terrorist-attacks-in-the-us-or-against-americans

And if it's really the loss of life, why isn't the whole world descending on Saharan Africa to stop these groups from committing terrorism?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_2019

charlie15 repped this.
  9. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, you really want to compare 9/11 to those events? Really? You can't be serious. SMH.
    Beyond that, How did AQ started? Who has been financing the madrassas all over the world?

10. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #35 +PL+, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Yes let us compare and justify. I can easily answer the other user's points but conversing with him/her seems futile. You can ask his/her help.

AQ was not Saudi govt operative organization when they started hitting Americans. The truth is CIA and Saudis were involved in arming or financing Afghan Mujahedeens fighting Russkis in 80s.

Some key figures of AQ organization were fanatic ex Afghan Mujahedeen but I fail to see Saudi govt helping AQ or financing them killing Americans. Saudi govt helped Taliban at some point prior 1996 take over of Kabul. It was a proxy war between Pakistan/UAE/Saudi Arabia at one front and Russia/Iran in another front filling the void after departure of Soviets in Afghanistan.

Taliban later harbored AQ for financial reasons despite Saudi govt protest. Bin Ladin was a wanted man running from Saudis. Taliban did this because UAE and Saudi govt pulled off their financial support.

11. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Errrr what? o_O

sitruc repped this.
  12. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IOW, as we more commonly state, brummie is being a dick.

13. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Trump has a twin in UK now. Populist politicians are growing in numbers. All we need now is a return of notorious Ahmadinejad in Iran.

14. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really growing, just all negative and all getting elected at the same time.

15. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, if I have to think of something I like about Trump, I guess I can say that I've been to a couple of his hotels, and I have to admit that they are pretty nice.

16. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm going to have a party when Trump dies.

I like to party.

Chesco United repped this.
  17. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I fail, as always, to see why we wouldn't just ignore his death.

stanger and charlie15 repped this.
  18. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Do you not like to party?

19. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll throw a party when Dubya and Cheney pass on. A big one.

20. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread has been entertaining.

Have we figured out the nationality of the thread starter yet?

American Brummie repped this.
  21. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @taosjohn isn't Segroves American?

stanger and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  22. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    He's a national man of mystery.

But I don't think he's Polish, as this poster appears to be?

American Brummie repped this.
  23. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he's a member of the Fukawe tribe.

True story: I went to the World Cup in Germany in 2006. There was a lot of talk that your name had to match the name on the ticket, or it would be confiscated. This was to deter scalping, and while they certainly weren't going to check the names on tickets at every game, even when the smallest stadium held 45,000, they were going to do random checks.

So I had copies of copies of copies of my passport with the names changed to match the names on my tickets. Most of the names were "normal" names where I could pass for someone with that name. But I bought my Togo-Korea ticked from some African guy on the internet and the name was Moses Abuskusuomo. I never was questioned, but I was all set if anyone asked me why a generic white-bread American would have such and unusual name. I'm half Jewish, half Native American NDN. All my relatives came and danced at my Bar-Mitzvah. Man, you should have seen the rainstorm we had that night!

24. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was in Germany as well and remember that concern well. Good thing it never happened since half of my tickets where under friends or colleagues names I used to apply under with FIFA. Incidentally, Germany was a fantastic WC, great organization and a lot of fun.

25. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I was one of two Americans in the Italy end. My name was Luigi.

soccernutter and charlie15 repped this.