The Officially, Official Confirmed Transfers Thread of 2016/2017

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope he succeeds I like him.
    He can be a big game player and Spanish style fits him. If Valencia gets their act together and build a decent team.

2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    http://www.juventus.com/en/news/news/2017/rodrigo-bentancur-joins-juventus.php

21.04.2017 19:10 - in: Official statements
    Bentancur joins Juventus!
    Share with:
    The Uruguayan midfielder signs from Boca Juniors until June 2022
    [​IMG]
    Juventus are pleased to announce the completion of the transfer of Rodrigo Bentancur from Boca Juniors, the Uruguayan signing on a five-year deal from 1 July 2017 until 30 June 2022.

AGREEMENT WITH BOCA JUNIORS FOR THE ACQUISITION OF THE PLAYER RODRIGO BENTANCUR

Turin, 21 April 2017 – Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that the agreement with Asociación Civil Club Atlético Boca Juniors for the definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Rodrigo Bentancur Colman has been finalised. The transfer fee of € 9.5 million will be payable in two financial years.

The purchase value may increase in the course of the duration of the contract on achieving given conditions based on a certain number of official games played by the player. Moreover, in case of a later transfer of the player, Boca Juniors will be entitled to receive 50% of the amounts collected by Juventus.

Juventus and the player have signed a 5-year contract of employment starting from 1 July 2017 and expiring on 30 June 2022.

Born on 25 June 1997 in Nueva Helvecia, Uruguay, Rodrigo Bentancur grew up in Penarol’s youth setup before transferring to Argentine giants, Boca Juniors at the age of 14.

The midfielder, comfortable with using both feet, made his first-team debut for Boca in April 2015 and he ended up making 18 appearances in the Primera Division, a further six in the Copa Argentina and another in the Copa Libertadores during his maiden campaign at the club, winning the league and cup double in the process.

The following season, Bentancur turned out 19 times for the Xeneises and scored his first goal on 21 February 2016 in the league against Newell’s Old Boys.

In the season that ended in December 2016, his third as a professional, Bentancur earned a call-up to Uruguay’s Under 20s, for whom he has made eight appearances and found the net against Bolivia.

Physically strong and offering a towering presence at 184 cm tall, Bentancur has shown in his early years that he is capable of playing in various positions across the middle of the park, from a holding midfielder to a ‘trequartista’ deployed just behind the forwards.

Now, following today’s announcement, the Bianconeri can look forward to benefitting from Bentancur’s wide-ranging talents.

¡Bienvenido, Rodrigo!

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    April 27
    • Kingsley Coman permanently moves to Bayern Munich for €21 million ($22,846,950 US). Payment will be payable over two years. Juventus had previously received €7 million for his initial loan.

IcEWoLF repped this.
  4. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good for us, didn't fit in our system well. I also hear he has regressed a lot this year.
    But he is still young so he is still a project for Bayern who has all the cash in the world.

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #255 Dante, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    May 12
    • Medhi Benatia permanently moves to Juventus from Bayern Munich for €17 million ($18,578,450). Payment will be payable over two years. His contract will expire on June 30, 2020.

6. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Does any one here rate Benatia over Rugani? This transfer concerns me in regards to more stunting of growth for Rugani.. I am ok with the transfer if Rugani is not healthy. Medhi stated in a interview that he is aiming for more playing time next year as a result of signing with Juve.

He has a stud year with Empoli playing every match and scored 3 goals and was never booked... H

I have litteraly watched Benatia ball watch nearly half a dozen times.... responsible for 2 goals at least doing this. I do not understand why is he rated, it is such a dramatic contrast compared to BBC.

Medhi and Rugani have both played 11 games this years with Rugani have 4 subs opposed to just one for Benatia. Rugani has scored 2 goals compared to 1 for Benatia and Benatia has 17 subs with Rugani having 15... They appear to be pretty even with this stat line, but Rugani looked much better on the field to me... what do you all think.

Rugani is also young and a coveted talent which concerns me to see future playing time affected.

7. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rugani is the superior player, but I don't think this will affect playing time. It really depends on if we play a back 3 or 4 and what formation we use. Also note that Barzagli is aging, and next season he will probably be at the point where he really cannot play every game and we will have to leave him on the bench quite a bit more for a lot of games. This will help settle both Rugani and Benatia into the team.

gumbacicc repped this.
  8. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    its a depth signing... or even better yet.. if we can flip him to some dumb team who needs defenders for more... perhaps one of those cinesi teams in milan

gumbacicc and St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  9. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Plus, Allegri did a good job in breaking Dybala in. Rugani saw more playing time this season. I suspect that if he is the real deal (which it appears he is), in a couple years he will be starting. I wouldn't worry about Benatia. We have always tried to carry five quality center backs since we started winning again. I have no problem with bringing on Benatia as a depth signing.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't understand the hate towards Benatia, he's a quality defender and let's be honest, our defense is aging. We need him, and Rugani, for the future.

gumbacicc repped this.
  11. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    It truly is redic.

Frankly right now he is 4th or 5th choice CB and with Caldara on the way in 2018 we have 6 quality CBs locked up.

So our 5th and 6th choice CBs would start in most first division clubs around Europe. Most teams can't field 2 good CBs. Many don't even have 1. We have 5 tied up to play for us next season and could be 6 for 2018 if Bonucci doesn't decide to go to the Prem and Barzag keeps playing. As a sub and sometime starter, Barzag could play another 2-3 years.

This is a good thing, not a bad one.

12. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    This is why

44 seconds... that half ass turn with his back on the shot and his jogging back to further defend in a very casual manner.

52 seconds.... allowing the man to float into the box by himself and then ball watching the cross come in that resulted in a goal....

1 minute 21 seconds.... allowing his man to take a cross from 40 yards on to a volley for a shot on goal.... while watching it happen

13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    He is better than the guy he replaced.

14. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Caceres was awesome when fit tho

15. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm okay with the Benatia signing, he is solid backup, it's an insurance policy if both Chiellini and Bonucci go down. Also we don't know how Rugani will be after he recovers from his injury.

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can show you videos like this about Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci, etc.

17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    That is not who he replaced. The player in question went to West Ham.

18. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Yes I know this, I dont have a problem with him being signed... but I just really want to Rugani feature a lot next year, he has always looked very good on the field and I do not want to see him leave... he was fantastic at Empoli and I never understood why Max was so hesitant to use him last year. This year I understand injuries hurt him and he got injured on two occasions for extended period of time.

But with this upcoming season being crucial to getting a spot on the WC squad which he already has, I imagine he badly wants to play in that cup and I just worry we may see him dip out to a diff team so he can make his case for selection and to establish his order in the depth chart.

19. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    How has Ogbonna done over there? I only saw like one game he was in for them and he was ok.

20. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ogbonna has been doing well at West Ham but he really needs someone to partner with. His partner isn't nearly as good, but Ogbonna himself has been impressive and really helped the defense.

21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    May 22
    • Juan Cuadrado permanently moves to Juventus from Chelsea for €20 million ($22,485,000). Payment will be payable over three years. His contract will expire on June 30, 2020.

gumbacicc repped this.
  22. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    very good deal at a very affordable price. Interested to see who rotates with him in the future.

23. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I hope whatever we paid for the loan is already included.

24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, the loan fee was separate.

25. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Paid too much. Hopefully we get some return when we sell him.