The Official Welcome Keylor Navas Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Kepa wasn't going to come here to play "backup" to Keylor. If he came, he would have been the starter, no different than Courtois.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  2. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Keylor is leaving to PSG, I would have expected this thread to be #1 today yet not a single post. Sad!

Gracias Legend!!! PURA VIDA

robnycus and J-Mezzy repped this.
  3. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We've been bitching about it on the transfer thread lol

Legend indeed. Sorry we didn't appreciate you the way you deserved

Good luck and thank you for your service

4. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol I didn’t even look at transfer thread!

Once again, thank you legend!!

J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    For me he still our best GK, disappointed with how it all turned out but im happy that he's going to get to be number 1 somewhere, forever a Madrid legend.

6. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    You did what you had to do after winning three consecutive CL titles to then be relagated to a backup role, look after your self first.

Best of luck to the real #1 -

Edino Edinho, hala_madrid722 and Drouchk repped this.
  7. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Under appreciated here and we’ve been trying to get rid of this guy the minute we signed him for whatever reason.

Good for Navas, nice retirement contract for a player who has won it all at club level.

hala_madrid722 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  8. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    Is it for sure happening? :(

9. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Even Costa Rican newspapers are reporting it, I usually take that as a really good source...

10. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    That makes me sad man. I hope he gets the farewell he deserves.

11. rhexis07

rhexis07 Member+

Jan 24, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    If TC gets nutmegged again the next match I'll bloody flip. Good luck to Navas. Class keeper and under appreciated.

12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Class act. Never opened his mouth, did his job, and was a key member of those 3 peat teams. Will always have a place here.

13. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Navas is so ********ing underappreciated, probably top 5 keepers to ever put on the white jersey, may even be top 3.

If he was European not from central America he'd be far more valued. Such a ********ing crime, leaps and bounds better than our supposed number one right now.

Literally makes us much worse by leaving. Can't win without a great keeper, now we don't have one, doesn't look good. I was hopeful that if Lunin stayed he coukd steal the spot with Navas gone, now we don't even have that.

So angry :/

Drouchk and RMrules repped this.
  14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Wish we sold them Courtois for some bloated figure (€70M) then gave them back the cash and another €15M for the partial payment to Neymar's loan transfer.

We keep the better GK and we get the superstar and only needed to part ways with €15M.

Drouchk and J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's getting flamed on twitter by a lot of fans for the timing. Apparently he insisted that he'd stay, and then had a change of heart at the final minute, apparently even asking to leave for free(?).

16. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Big thanks for everything, wish him the best,he filled massive shoes and leaves with his own incredible legacy carved into the history of this club.

Drouchk repped this.
  17. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thanks for everything but team always comes first and his timing is a bitch. Management was clear with him and resulted in us loaning Lunin. Had he spoken earlier it would’ve helped us better manage the situation.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  18. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    good GK very underrated

19. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Anyone else, I'd probably think the flaming is justified but watching Keylor lose his spot to overrated Courtois with no competition whatsoever is bittersweet af. Maybe Keylor thought by staying he'd be getting a fair shake at the GK competition.

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane said that he said nothing to him though, nothing about him being unhappy or wanting to leave. That makes it kind of worse. The exact same thing people got mad at Bale for, going around the coach.

21. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Damn i hopes he will stay..

22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How the ******** is Keylor underappreciated? He was bought from freaking Levante or wherever he used to play and made the starting GK in a season or two. The fans, club and coach all love him but sometimes it's just time to move on. Going to PSG is a very good deal for him too.

People forget his howlers that were starting to get quite regular and only remember the good times.

Anyway, great, GREAT GK who overperformed imo and was one of the reasons we won all those UCL titles. I'll never forget him and his contributions and would always welcome him back in Madrid in some function. Wish him all the best in PSG, apart from winning the UCL :D.

PigBenis, HZinho, MaxY and 3 others repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Keylor is one of us and leaves with his head high. Its a respectful deal for both parties.

24. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Super classy player, someone that you just love to have around in your team.

The timing isn't great, but he probably deserves this after other incidents like the fax machine.

25. Modric-87

Modric-87 Member

Real Madrid
    Netherlands
    May 26, 2018
    This club has lost his mind.

Edino Edinho repped this.