The Official Welcome Keylor Navas Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Aug 3, 2014.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You have to be thinking of the man as a huge coward if that's your opinion of him.

2. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He already played the "I'll fight for my place" card. Flo would rather go trophy less than back down and injure his own delicate ego.

The only way for Keylor to keep his reputation and pride intact is to go along with it and pretend he lost his place (this time, again) due to injury.

Otherwise it looks like he's taken the metaphorical backhand because he obviously deserves better.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Keylor would have motivation to leave the club he wouldn't extend his contract. Less years on a contract: Lower price, better chance for him to work out better wages.

For the moment, it seems like his motivation is to stay in Madrid, no matter the role.

4. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Nah, the only reason is because Florentino has a gun to his head. He is being forced to stay at the club and pretend being injured. :ROFLMAO:

2Magia2, Deep Pal, Shay Z and 1 other person repped this.
  5. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Who should be our starting keeper in CL and La liga ? 70% Keylor - 30 Courtois

6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He's quicker off his line, and that helped a lot today. He cut out a lot of balls because he anticipated them, and made a couple of big saves. On form, Keylor should be the starter.

Shay Z and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  7. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    That 1 on 1 against Malcom was Ikeresque

8. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Keylor was awesome today, I prefer to Courtois for sure, especially against teams like Barca who are really good at beating the offside trap, he reads those situations very well and come out when needed to play the sweeper. Courtois doesn’t do this much at all.
    Keylor’s distribution from the back however is simply painful to watch at times. He is simply horrible at it, I can’t believe they don’t practice these things.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Courtois' distribution is not so good either. Both are good shot stoppers. Courtois might have a better chance at saving shots with height. Navas is a better 1 on 1 saver.

Shay Z, Zidane05 and Drouchk repped this.
  10. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I love Navas, but I still think Courtois is a better overall GK. I'm OK with Courtois being our #1 GK. Navas has won a lot with the club and is a superb professional, but I won't forget the uncertainty he brought with him at (important) times. Love his dedication, nothing but good words for Navas!

11. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Correct, one of the trends in modern football is that Goal keepers must be decent with their feet as well.
    I guess we haven’t identified this as an issue because most teams don’t press us high up the pitch therefore our keepers could simply just lay the ball off to one of the CBs without any pressure; with a slight bit of pressure though our GKs just boot the ball upfield and since we don’t really win areal fuels that much it just results in us giving away possession thus giving the opponent control.

I’m sure Keylor ( and Courtois ) knows he is weak on the ball and probably works on it in training but man was it irritating to see him just gift the ball to Barca over and over.

S1na repped this.
  12. Marco25

Marco25 Member

Sep 1, 2018
    Was never a huge fan of Courtois. He only ever impressed me during his spell at Atletico. When he was at Chelsea he seemed to let a lot of soft goals in.

13. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Very subactive topic. Navas just more likeable guy, played some fantastic game with us, humble guy but true that Coirtous same class keeper and 6 years younger.

14. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Thank you Keylor Navas.

You have been the best keeper and a gentleman. Your great memories would never be erased. We could not have won 3 consecutive champions league titles without you .

Since the first moment Grada Fans at the Bernabeu were chanting Navas name.

Digital repped this.
  15. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    He still is the best Keeper we have.

16. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am disappointed Zidane hasn't fought for Navas like he has for Marcelo. Navas actually still has it unlike Marcelo

17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We bought a replacement GK and a young understudy.

Seriously what heck else could he do?

MerlinRM and Anon. repped this.
  18. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #1368 robnycus, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    We bought the wrong replacement... and were too quick to show Keylor the door.

This would have been a non issue if TC would have demonstrated that he was better.
    This leaves a bitter taste because best keeper is being replaced by someone who is not as good.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    #1369 YOUNGSTARS87, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Zidane wasn't here to purchase that replacement whether it was wrong or right.

... of course this doesn't fit this forums moronic plunge off the cliff to hate Zidane and it puts blame squarely on the one who deserves the most (Florentino) so that point will be ignored.

20. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    In fact... Zidane was the one that blocked Kepa from joining because he had Navas.

temesgen repped this.
  21. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish he was staying. Courtois seems like a cold fish and is really uninspiring in goal. Keylor had a great run in Madrid and deserves praise for his professionalism and accomplishments. Classy player, gotta wish him well in whatever he does next.

Doni, robnycus and Minduchio repped this.
  22. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And that's why we ended up with Courtois, it's that instant gratification, short term thinking and failure to consider all likely the long term options.

In this case we could have signed Kepa (at an even lower price) as the long term replacement for Keylor but allowed Keylor to continue until evidence of a decline and worked out a two year loan for Kepa at a club like Cheslea.

Which makes this a cautionary tale about allowing Zidane unlimited authority in making transfer decisions with out any oversight.

23. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I love Keylor. He was great for us and always conducted himself with class & professionalism. He will be missed.

24. Minduchio

Minduchio Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Will always be one of my favorites, hope something going to happen and he will stay

25. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He is a legend on and off the field. Will be missed and always loved

Doni, meringues and hala_madrid722 repped this.