The Official Welcome Keylor Navas Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    It could very well be true. Why wouldn't a guy be affected emotionally? Its only normal.

And its 100% coming from Solari's people. He didn't play him in the Copa and after the game said something like Copa games are for 2nd stringers, I don't see Keylor as one. At that time I was like what the actual fcuk is Solari playing at here.

My only hope is that Keylor being the great human being that he is doesn't let this make him bitter about the whole club. That would be a shame. He has a role here once he retires like RC.

It never ends well does it? That's why sensible people can see the writing on the wall and make a sensible choice even if its painful. But we are all affected by our emotions to some extent. We've all stayed on in relationships when we could see where it was headed so it's only human.

temesgen and S1na repped this.
  2. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Team handled him horribly and this is not the first time.
    I am perfectly ok if Navas decides to go to another club to be a starting keeper.. he is still too shelf.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think so does the club, but he doesn't really seem to want to do that. I think he values being in Madrid more than being the starting goalkeeper for let's say, Newcastle or Everton.

4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    And that's completely his choice, he's earned that right. I just hate that some are leaking shit like that now, whatever agenda is behind it.

temesgen, meringues and J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Why those clubs?

He can compete in any other CL team or Europa league

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  6. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I'm a bit concerned about the treatment of some players by Solari but I'm hoping they can rise above it. Any decent athlete has coaches at some point who are not easy to work with.

But again the club absolutely should treat Navas with respect, he's earned it and it bothers me to see this.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  7. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
  8. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good guy, wonder where he ends up

9. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As far as how he has been handled by the club i think it’s a bit of a both ways thing really, he has suffered at the hands of the club with the whole De Gea incident IMO, but this time, most fans here agreed with the club’s view that Courtois was too good of a deal to pass up at this time, as far as I know ( of course I could be wrong) the club had the decency and gratitude to let him decide his own future after that,

Maybe staying and fighting wasn’t the way to go, but the club can’t be blamed for that ( if they let him decide that is) coaches make decisions, and who was really surprised at the decision Solari made?, after bringing Courtois in there was no way he was going to be the one to lose out, Keylor is one of my favorite players but Courtois is here, reality is reality and I really hope he makes a good decision and that it works out well for him whatever he does

Shay Z, S1na and Eddie repped this.
  10. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It’s debatable whether Courtois is better than Navas in the present. But longterm the club made the right move and Courtois was too cheap to pass up.

These athletes have an incredible self belief so I understand why Navas thought maybe he could stay and fight. But in reality, his time was done when we signed Courtois and Navas should’ve moved on.

Similar to Casillas after La Decima.

Digital repped this.
  11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1079082177369915394 is not a valid tweet id

1080619996298919937 is not a valid tweet id

12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Solari acting like a bitch

Lyra and Zidane05 repped this.
  13. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    His tactics of benching players he has personal issues with (maybe they challenged him?), then leaking to the media "the player isn't practicing well" is going to backfire in a gigantic way.

When Sergio Ramos is outwardly showing support for Isco during celebrations, just know the players are aware of the fairness of these situations.

Picking his next fight with a lockerroom favorite like Navas won't endear him.

2Magia2, J-Mezzy, temesgen and 3 others repped this.
  14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Seriously. That was a slap to the face to Solari as far as I'm concerned.

Navas knew he wasn't going to be the starter all season. He wasn't the starter under JL except for the first few matches, but JL at least had the dignity to give the man the respect he deserved at this club and played him in the matches designated for him.

J-Mezzy and temesgen repped this.
  15. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've been quite positive on Solari since the start, but I'm not liking these non sense leaks at all. For me, that's unacceptable in particular as it concerns respected players such as Isco and (especially) Navas.

Sure, everyone knew Navas was going to be relegated to the bench. Courtois is a sensational GK and is younger. But you don't have to treat Navas like a dog ffs. Poor from Solari.

temesgen and J-Mezzy repped this.
  16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

17. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Might be a loan move coming. Weird to renew right now.

Digital repped this.
  18. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I prefer to get a transfer fee and spend it on somebody else.

19. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    How much can we get? I prefer to have him on the bench in case of injury.

20. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We can probably get enough for him to pay Sarabia's release clause.

21. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    MARCA: For the player, the salary improvement puts Navas in a solid position too at a time when he could negotiate a possible new deal with another club at 32 years old. With a salary of five million euros net, it puts everyone concerned in a stronger negotiating position.

The renewal puts both Real Madrid and Keylor Navas in a strong position up against any team who wants to sign the goalkeeper. The club will not feel the threat that they would have previously when the Costa Rican's contract was due to expire in 2020.

S1na repped this.
  22. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1083188437962932224 is not a valid tweet id

Clean sheet too

-Reivax-, Doni, Ahmadi8 and 5 others repped this.
  23. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    S1na repped this.
  24. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anybody have stats for the GK this season.

25. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    What are his hopes.. I don't get it.. Tibo came in and without merit took over the starting role in both la Liga and Champions..