The Official Welcome Keylor Navas Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Phenom9

Phenom9 Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Every keeper has his brain fart games, they are human after all.

robnycus repped this.
  2. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #1202 robnycus, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    I can guarantee you that Courtois at 31 will still be considered young by most here - some already say we already have a keeper for the next 10 yrs and Courtois is not 21 but 26 . He’ll be way past Navas age in 10 yrs.
    . Is a double standard and a lack of respect to Navas probably because of his nationality .
    Casillas was clearly declining, Navas hasn’t yet.
    Three years ago Navas was only 28 and the team was also trying to replace him with DeGea. Age is not the issue.
    Lack of respect because everything that he has been able to accomplish with the club with is being overlooked and underappreaciated to simply conclude that another keeper will be able to give us more .

3. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Give me a break, it is nothing to do with Belgium vs. Costa Rica, it's to do with Courtois being a different type of keeper, less reliant on reflexes at ~14cm taller.

De Gea is another issue, nationality did probably play a role there. No secret that we prefer Spanish players.

Shay Z repped this.
  4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Because there is a kid right after Courtois coming in.
    Courtois isn't Spanish.

5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    When Casillas was 33 he was already finished and dragging the club down. He's not only Spanish, he's a legend. Many wanted him to leave. Including me.

Navas will be 32 this year.. so why can't Navas adapt to a sub role? It would elongate his stay at the club he loves as well.

6. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    This Keylor the super CL keeper needs to stop! I like him too, but seriously.

And that was just last season in the knockouts.

Shay Z, ahnaf and libertao repped this.
  7. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should we drag up Teebow's error vids too?

Hendrix22 and Doni repped this.
  8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Except no one said that Courtois is perfect. The videos were only brought up because someone decided to say well Courtois let in this many goals in the CL here and made this many mistakes there.

I know this is going to drag on until one of them leaves the club and I doubt this helps, but how about we just enjoy having two world class keepers instead of trying to start controversy and drag someone down.

MerlinRM, Shay Z, ahnaf and 2 others repped this.
  9. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    right, I don't see the point of mudslinging two players who want to be here

10. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You just know it that every time Tibo concedes a goal the production is going to show us a zoomed in Navas on the bench.

MerlinRM, PigBenis, Hendrix22 and 5 others repped this.
  11. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Aren't we all overrating Navas a bit because of his very likeable personality? I mean , sure he is a great keeper but Courtois is way better imo. And I'm not saying that because I am a Belgian to.

If it weren't for his great WC he would have never played for RM. He got here by being exceptionally good in the WC. He exceeded my expectations by far though. He did well but Courtois is worldclass , young and seems to love this club.

12. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. T2100

T2100 Member

May 4, 2017
    #1213 T2100, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    The difference is Navas is still in his prime whereas Casillas got benched and left for a reason so I can understand why people are still pissed.

robnycus and Hendrix22 repped this.
  14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Navas is slowing down.. no differently than Cristiano has. They are players with tremendous class so they can show this class in big moments.

I wanted Navas to have one more year before Courtois came. We couldn't take that gamble after the opportunity showed itself.

Navas should transition into a role like Dudek for us.

MerlinRM repped this.
  15. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Some people will literally never be happy. Always find something to complain about. Always. We just pulled a great deal, one of the best GK’s in the world for peanuts. A steal. We now have two world class GK’s on the team, ready to compete. And people STILL complain.
    [​IMG]

El-CapitanoR7, Shay Z, CR7PT and 6 others repped this.
  16. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I hope y'all are enjoying your ski trip with Boca during and apparently after the Super Cup... :whistling::D

17. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    S1na repped this.
  18. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nice!! It was probably his weakest season with us last year, but good to see him finally getting some recognition.

19. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He was. His first two seasons starting were better than his last. He should have won the award the prior years.

20. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    All keepers make mistakes and the ones he made vs Juve last season are his most recent ones and the ones people remember the most.
    His high quality saves continue to impress.. he just made one last Sunday.

21. T2100

T2100 Member

May 4, 2017
    There’s a universal love for Keylor Navas.

Don’t you find it wholesome that Navas is not only loved by fans in the club but other clubs as well? Fans from
    other clubs always defended him every time he get disrespected by the board.

And now ever since Courtois joined, I’ve noticed everyone coming out to support Navas while wishing Courtois failure.

22. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1060681155173933056 is not a valid tweet id
    Ronald González, Costa Rica interim coach: “We all know about Keylor, it is a case that worries all of us…Because of his unstable situation, he has told us that it is a suitable moment for him to stay in Madrid.”

23. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Speak for yourself, I'm not wishing for Courtois to fail. I like Navas and I have nothing against him, but for me Courtois > Navas. The only thing Navas is better at is shot stopping. Courtois is taller, younger, still hasn't reached his full potential, commands the penalty area better. Plus he was dirt cheap. It was a no brainer signing him, he is the future. Navas is almost 32 and he's entering the final stage of his career, we would have needed to sign a replacement sooner or later, I'm glad we did so sooner. I'm glad we have two top quality keepers, no need to hope one of them fails...

-Reivax- and Yannick Relens repped this.
  24. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Damn this is passion for a club on another level.

25. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It really is but I don't think he understands what he's up against. Navas was only ever meant to be Iker's backup and Flo's been itching to replace him ever since.

Any agreement to give Solari the job until the end of the season includes a provision that he benches Navas for Tibo, bet.

Just imagine Zidane's reaction when he was told that Ronaldo would be let go, that he had to build the team around Bale with no backups or reinforcements, and that when Courtois came in he would have to bench or sell Navas. Oh wait we don't have to imagine, we know what happened.

Marco25 repped this.