The Official Welcome Keylor Navas Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    RIP Keylor Navas

Now that RM signed Courtois, he'll probably play in CDR only & leave next summer.

2. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope he stays and retires here, i love the guy! I do feel bad about him but he's won pretty much everything with us, is 32 and is still part of the biggest and best club in the world.

S1na repped this.
  3. Style

Style Member+

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At 32, a goalkeeper like Navas can still keep going. I can easily see him go to Juventus and succeed.

4. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Keylor starts the season as number one for me.

He’s outperformed Courtois in the last several seasons there is no doubt about it. Courtois’ time will come.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Juve signed Perin. Szczęsny will be their No.1. He was pretty good at Roma during his loan spell in 2016-17.

6. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't beleive that's who Juve chose as Buffon's successor. I'm baffled.

Digital, HZinho, Bear Crotch and 4 others repped this.
  7. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Keylor Navas confirms that he is staying:

"I want to leave Real Madrid as much as I want to die"

CR7PT, S1na and Zidane05 repped this.
  8. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I absolutely love his character. He is a warrior.

HZinho and Eddie repped this.
  9. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He’s a great guy and a very good GK, but this moment has been coming for years. Florentino finally got his elite GK. Courtois is really phenomenal, not sure Navas will win this battle..

10. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Assuming he's not suicidal of course

S1na repped this.
  11. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Him staying might cause tension and also prevent Lunin's development. I love him but this is not a battle he can win and it will be sad to watch one of the biggest threepeat heroes on the bench. It would be best for everybody if he leaves and we get some money from his transfer. Honestly I don't even understand how he still wants to stay after being disrespectes so many times (see Degea fiasco)

12. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I disagree. Lunin should play every week at this stage. Copa del rey is not enough. He should go on loan. The team certainly benefits from having 2 world class keepers as we lost points due to weak performances by our second goal keeper before. And Navas is too humble to cause tension if he doesn't start games. He will try to keep his wonderful form. And if he can, i would be more than happy to see him start the important games ahead of Courtois.

-Reivax- and 9Qui repped this.
  13. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There is no possible way Keylor starts important games ahead of Courtois and this doesn't cause issues in the media and dressing room. Rotating two worldclass goalkeepers is impossible, and we shouldnt take advantage of Keylor's humbleness. As for Lunin, working with and trying to emulate and reach the level of the best goalkeeper in the world in Courtois and working under the supervision of the goalkeeper coaching staff we have will be more beneficial to him than going to a random club. He needs to get into Madrid's culture, and with the quality he has he will play league matches as well, and he is already good enough to do the job on those.

libertao and MerlinRM repped this.
  14. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think Navas will cause any drama. There's positives and negatives about keeping him but i'm gonna focus on the positives.

He's gonna give Courtois legit competition and that's very good for us
    He's a very good GK to have as a backup. Honestly, what other team has 2 top 5/10 GK's at their club?
    He's a great guy for the locker room, everyone loves him and hopefully he can be there when the team needs him on and off the field.

15. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    And we are not. We are letting him decide. He is the one who wants to stay and fight. On the contrary, pushing him out as you suggest is disrespecting him.

And after all, i want the team's benefit above all other things. The team will benefit from having two world class goal keeper and not being have to rely on a young unproven goal keeper as the 2nd choice. We will be one injury away from having to depend on him in our most important matches.

Digital and 9Qui repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Keylor turns 32 in December.

The reality is after this season he would either adjust to a elder statesman sub role or leave the club.

17. Castillas

Castillas Member+

May 4, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Please, just no Juve. Would be painful to have to score goals against Navas to win the UCL final.

18. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Keylor's personality is not of one who causes tension or drama. But we have to be serious and realize there is no competition. Tbo is number #1 and Keylor probably gets CDR games.

robnycus repped this.
  19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I don't think there is that big of a drop off from Courtois to Navas. I think you give the cup to Keylor, the UCL to Courtois, and split the league 70-30 in favour of Courtois. It's doable, and both keepers were aware of the situation and made their decisions accordingly.

Digital and sneakking repped this.
  20. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I think this is key.

Digital repped this.
  21. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Giving the UCL to Courtois in his first year here can cost us.
    He conceded 6 goals against Roma last year, was embarrased by Messi with under the legs goals..
    Failed to get past PSG in R16 twice in consecutive years.. Cavani also scored a goal under his legs.. he also let a soft header drop in for a goal from Silva..
    I’ll stick with Navas for CL.. and give the league to Courtois ..

22. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Ok but are we going to forget the mistakes that Navas has made in the CL and pretend they didn't happen either?

Shay Z, 9Qui, Phenom9 and 2 others repped this.
  23. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Why don't we share the games like we did with Lopez and Casillas? Champions league and Copa Navas, League Courtois

24. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems fair, I certainly think Keylor should get the chance to "defend" the CL title.

I think that is one of the reasons Casillas was given another year at the club, we were coming off a CL/CDR cup double. Kind of hard to push out your starting GK and Captain in under those circumstances.

He has probably already won. He's got a CL three peat, a La Liga, and some individual honors.

It's going to be damn near impossible for Courtois to top that. Keylor walks away with his name in the history books, Courtois is starting from scratch (literally if you look at the composition of the team).

25. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Yes of course we are, haven't you been following? Navas is the greatest goalkeeper in the world and never makes mistakes. He is a young 31 and that is why we are fending off 80 ME bids for him.

Shay Z and Zidane05 repped this.