The Official Welcome Keylor Navas Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Oblak is at the level of Neuer. He's that good. DDG makes a kick save and twitter goes wild with how this save proves he's the best. Oblak make saves he has no business making on a weekly basis, and not an eye is batted.

2. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd say that Oblak is the best. Neuer is overrated and had plenty of blunders vs Real and Barcelona. He's the GK equivalent of Griezmann and Higuain.

Tier 1: Oblak
    Tier 2: Neuer,Courtois,Oblak,De Gea,Donnarumma,Lloris
    Tier 3:Navas,Ederson,Ter Stegen,Buffon

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The only reason Bayern came out with the result they did in the first leg was because of Neuer. Not to mention he has won a CL and a World Cup.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    People who actually think De Gea is an elite GK need to watch the Spain game vs. Croatia last year. He was an absolute joke. And that's just one game, I can rattle off at least 5 other games where he was just comical last season alone.

5. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't want to get ahead of myself but after as long of a layoff as he has had and will have, I don't know if he'll go back to his earlier level.

He has improved greatly and its still only less than 3 months into a new league. He kind of reminds me of Neuer. As much as I hate to say it, City as a whole are doing very well right now.

6. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Saw a few Instagram posts mentioning he's out for 2 weeks with an abductor injury. Will most likely miss the Tottenham game.

7. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Following tests carried out on Keylor Navas, he has been diagnosed with an injury to his right adductor muscle. His recovery will continue to be monitored.

8. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    What's with all these injuries this season!! Is getting beyond ridiculous.

9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Man the adductor injuries are a bitch. Take so long to heal. And when you think they healed, they come back.

10. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    930316264316301313 is not a valid tweet id

11. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    This is very bad news ... :(

12. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Very very bad, I don't trust Casilla at all

13. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    robnycus, Ahmadi8, Excape Goat and 2 others repped this.
  14. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    raven3k and Excape Goat repped this.
  15. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Agree 100%. and also Navas. He has saved our asses so many times with double saves against AM in crucial CL matches + acrobatic saves in classicos but he still flies under in the general football community.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  16. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For me he's been on the level of prime Casillas, but frequent long term injuries at this age are a major concern for a keeper that relies on his reflexes. I was strongly against buying a new keeper a year or two ago when he was still around and I believe my opinion has been vindicated.

However I don't share the opinion of the likes of @4x4s that a goalkeeper is a luxury position, maybe for other teams but not for a defensively disorganized one like ours. A top shot stopper is an absolute necessity to bail out our error prone CBs and out of sync defensive lines, and we need to invest in one next summer. I don't know if Kepa is good enough, and it may be an unpopular opinion but I do believe De Gea is the right profile of a keeper (I haven't been following his recent form though).

17. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I couldn't read beyond this.

Apex Iker was unconscious. An angel sent from heaven to protect our goal.

madridista_hr, HZinho, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  18. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Having seen them both, I find them equally good, with the difference that in Iker's prime we had a worse defense than we do now which made him look even better. Perhaps if I have to give the slight edge to Iker, but its a very small difference when it comes to worldclass keepers.

robnycus repped this.
  19. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    No way, prime Casillas was on another level. Navas has made several poor saves over the past couple years, which is why were after De Gea in the first place.

20. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Only unpopular on here. De Gea is undoubtedly the best keeper around at this moment.

21. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Heavily disagree. Sure our defense was maybe worse but that doesn't make Iker any better or worse than what he was. He made miracles look ordinary because he made them possible so often. I am not exaggerating when I say he kept us in games almost every weekend. That's not something GKs do consistently. Iker was special. Special talent.

HZinho and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  22. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    And Casillas didn't ? lol

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Iker was superhuman in his prime, for me, the most physically impressive goalkeeper of his generation.

If by "at this moment" we mean this month maybe.

24. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nope last 2 season comfortably IMO.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's highly arguable. Even statistically, he had less saves per match, less clean sheets, and more goals conceded than both Oblak and Neuer. Keylor has less clean sheets and more goals conceded but destroys absolutely everybody in terms of saves per match.

Even if he's better than one goalkeeper or the other, it's marginable enough to be an argument. De Gea is often spectacular, but Neuer is probably overall the better player.

Ahmadi8 repped this.