The Official Welcome Keylor Navas Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Oh lawd..... Keylor, come on bro.

2. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Really don't get what's going on with him, ever since those bizarre punches against Dortmund in his return, he's looked shaky. Hope he doesn't cost us in a big game.

3. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I don't think Navas is on the decline as much as he is leveling off. I think he was an overachiever when we signed him but that level he was playing out was never going to be sustainable. I think it's time to move on from him and I will be dusting off my De Gea pom-poms in short order here. I don't claim the Spaniard to be "mistake free" but he is a quality keeper with his best days ahead of him, in my opinion. I wouldn't be upset if Uncle Flo shelled out the Galactico bucks for him.

WhiteBlood, MerlinRM and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a nice run but i would be shocked if he's our starting keeper next season.

5. DeRay30

DeRay30 Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He going to cost us vs Bayern. If we make defensive mistakes like we usually do, Bayern will have a good time vs Navas.

He will cost us the league or UCL unfortunately. He's been in bad form for most of the year. That Achilles injury messed him up really bad.

6. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So he pretty much did the opposite of this during international break.

With the crazy run of games we have, I'll be shocked if he finishes the season as our #1.

7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What makes you feel that he's an overachiever? He had a run of like 3 years where he was damn good, don't think someone can overperform that long

sleepyvato50 repped this.
  8. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mr. Consistent. Consistently garbage. Keep a clean sheet and maybe I'll amend my opinion.

Mr. Pink repped this.
  9. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Absolutely no chance he is here next season. Unless he goes H.A.M. in the next few big ties, and produces MotM level performances, he's already finished. I can't stress enough how poor he has been compared to last year. Last year, he was a top 5 keeper. He has fallen very ungracefully.

Watching this guy and Danilo on the pitch is the stuff of nightmares for us Madridistas. I'm very worried about our next 3 weeks. I'll gladly eat my words if he can stem this drop in form and redeems himself against Atletico/Bayern/Barca. We're playing the top 3 teams in Europe other than Juventus in the next couple of weeks. I really don't feel confident in Keylor at all.

Excape Goat and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  10. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe he should start praying extra hard before the match.

MerlinRM and Madrid_1902 repped this.
  11. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sad to see him fail. He was such a wonderful keeper but now he is a liability. No way ZZ benched him though

12. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thank you for being one of the only few players to show up and perform today. He may in fact be gone at the end of the season but he still has my respect along with many other Madridistas after today's game.

J-Mezzy and robnycus repped this.
  13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd keep him as a sub if Kiko isn't interested in being 2nd GK. He seems to get along well with the squad.

sleepyvato50 repped this.
  14. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Monster game from Keylor. He really kept us in tha game in the 2nd half. If we bring in someone new it will only be rise and repeat as no keeper can withstand the type of onsaught's the team regularly subjects them to because we 1) put no priority on defending, and 2) can't control possession to save our lives.

15. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Kept us alive till the end. Fantastic performance.

J-Mezzy, sleepyvato50 and robnycus repped this.
  16. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    his best game this season.

17. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Outstanding today. Kept us in the game till the end as much as he could. Stepped up at the right time but he will be gone at the end of this season.

J-Mezzy, sleepyvato50 and Zidane05 repped this.
  18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He was really good today. Made huge saves to keep the game close. Credit to him for stepping up, hope he continues this form to the end of the season.

J-Mezzy, Tobias19 and sleepyvato50 repped this.
  19. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Redemption maybe? Anyone? Has he earned a starting spot for next season as well? Had we won/drawn that game, it could've been a possibility. Now, I'm not so sure

20. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I don't think he was all that impressive TBH. He could have done better on the first goal and he was out of position on the second. Most of the saves were saves you would expect him to make. But I guess he hasn't done that previously this season so at least he upped his game which is more than can be said for most other players yesterday.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  21. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh stop.. i can't understand sometimes why some of you bashing him so hard? he was solid yesterday, you can expect keeper to save you ass all the time.

22. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Some of you? Everyone was praising him but me.
    I'm just saying that Ter Stegen yesterday kept the same shots out that Keylor did and then some. And that he probably would have done better on the first and the second goal. A certain other German goalkeeper we've faced lately most likely would. Recently we've also had the pleasure of seeing Oblak's abilities up close. He too would likely have done better.
    So, in this month alone at a crucial time of the season Keylor has in all our matchups been outperformed by our rival's goalkeeper. The hard truth is that we're Real Madrid and we deserve better. If you want to win trophies the difference can be an Oblak keeping you in the game to tie it in the end and steal a point. The difference can be an Neuer keeping the score down in the first leg and taking the tie to extra time. The difference can be a Ter Stegen keeping you in the game to win it with a goal in the final seconds.

Shay Z and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  23. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    how about Navas also kept us in the game? Barca had enough chances to score third when it was 2-1. You are prasiing Ter Stegen but he also conceded two. Both keepers were fantastic yesterday but it hard to save when you have to safe 10 shoots on target. He was okey, not the player who are to blame for sure.

Lyra repped this.
  24. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    The last part I agree with. There is A LOT of blame to go around today and Keylor is last in line. But I didn't see anything convincing me that he should keep his starting spot next season.

Shay Z and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  25. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    One game and he should stay?

No. Not convinced by just this performance. He'll need to keep this up for the rest of the year. Even then the club should look into possible replacements.