The Official Welcome Keylor Navas Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I feel De Gea would buckle under the pressure that comes with playing for Madrid.

Courtois or Lloris are more plausible targets.

2. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    He buckled under the pressure of Man City ffs lol

He would die in Madrid

3. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Any chance we could grab one of Trapp or Areola from PSG? Both are very decent goalkeepers and both want more playing time I'm sure.

4. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    No chance.

5. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think they are that good to be honest. Areola seemed like a decent GK for Villarreal but not a RM level IMO.

6. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    For me it's Courtois if it's a big name signing or go with a young keeper with some proven experience. Courtois has really returned to form this season.

AriGold and Eddie repped this.
  8. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol u kidding bro? Areola has had a horrible season, so many blunders. Keylor >>>>>>> Trappet alone Areola.

9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I prefer Courtois, but i also wouldn't mind a young gk like Rico from Sevilla.

10. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Areola melted in Paris which is sad because he was great at Villarreal. Trapp isn't possible now but imo would have been a good option. Young, needed time to adjust to a big club like PSG but has always shown promise to become world class.

11. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Goodbye Keylor. Thanks for the 2016/17 season but its time for him to go.

MaxY repped this.
  12. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Navas is 30 and at his peak . Donnarumma turned 18 less than a month ago. He's still developing.
    Navas plays for the leader of La liga . The other plays for the 7th placed Milan .
    [​IMG]

13. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why so much disdain for De Gea on here? I think he's comfortably the best GK outside of Neuer and the best in the prem.

Edit: in fact, apart from his name, I don't even know if Neuer is a better keeper than De Gea. It seems as though the transfer saga from the beginning of the season is still lingering on people's minds on here.

14. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    His stats aren't even better than Pacheco, he has conceded a lot of goals and performs a lot of brain farts, no thanks.

15. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's not true at all. I think Courtois is definitely better, not a single doubt in my mind. Lloris is a bit older, but at a comparable level to DDG. DDG makes great saves and insane blunders in the same game. He's inconsistent in his GK skills if that makes sense.

Top 5 GKs in the world, probably top 3, but nowhere near Neuer and Courtois.

16. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think DDG and Courtois are interchangeable depending on the year. This year Courtios has bounced back beautifully as well as Chelsea's defense improving massively from last season.

I don't like the Courtois option because in the past he has spoken out against Chelsea, while playing for them. He seems to have an "im bigger than the club" attitude that wouldn't bode well here. Then with DGG is that there are rumors that he blames the club for his transfer collapse and said he thought Atleti should have won CL last season so thats also a no for me.

I really hope Pacheco gets a look. Been quietly having a good season, has a buyback, and can play either Liga or CL/CDR games along with Kiko. The idea of getting a super world class GK like the top 3 isn't always whats best.

17. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    Buffon at 45 would still be better than De Gea ever has in his life.

Casillas has been Godly for Porto this season as well, back to his San Iker form.

Asenjo for Villarreal has to be in contention.

Neuer speaks for himself

Donna has been better than EPL keeper at 17/18

De Gea wouldn't even be in my top 10 atm.

18. Castillas

Castillas Member+

May 4, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have faith in Keylor. It is a momentary dip in form. When he stops Messi's penalty in El Clasico, he will prove it.

19. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    According to Squawka, the top 20 performing keepers across England, Spain, Germany, Italy, France and Portugal for 2016/2017 are, followed by performance scores:

1. Yoan Cardinale; Nice 657
    2. Gianluigi Donnarumma; AC Milan 609
    3. Wojciech Szczesny; AS Roma 601
    4. ter Stegen; Barcelona 598
    5. Oliver Baumann; Hoffenheim 547
    6. Iker Casillas; Porto 537
    7. Ederson Moraes; Benfica 523
    8. Thibaut Courtois; Chelsea 514
    9. Hugo Lloris; Tottenham 504
    10. Kevin Trapp; PSG 503
    ------------------------------------------
    11. Lee Grant; Stoke 492
    12. Yohan Pele; Marseille 489
    13. Sergio Rico; Sevilla 484
    14. Stephane Ruffer; St Etienne 482
    15. Anthony Lopez; Lyon 446
    16. Jose Reina; Napoli 419
    17. Joel Robles; Everton 410
    18. Manuel Neuer; Bayern 401
    19. Gianluigi Buffon; Juventus 391
    20. Samir Handanovic; Inter 376

As you can see every big name you can think of is there Donnarumma, Casillas, Courtois, Lloris, Neuer, Buffon and starting keeper for most big teams respective to their leagues in Trapp, Reina, Handanovic, Moraes, Cardinale, ter Stegen, Rico and Lopez. There are also a few outliers thrown in there as well, but for the most part the names up there are the names you usualy see being talked about.

Notice who isn't up there? De Gea, Cech (1st in EPL 2015/16), Navas (1st in La Liga 2015/16), Oblak (3rd in La Liga 2015/16) and Valdes. They simply have not been good enough this season and their actual performances reflect that.

In terms of De Gea he actually hasn't been above 7th in the EPL rankings since entering the league and every time I watch him play I have to wonder what the hell it is that others see in him that would make him so good? Or is it just the fact he plays in the EPL for a big club like Man Utd?

*Asenjo would be in the mid 400's+ if his passing wasn't so damn woeful, but he is still good enough for 3rd in La Liga despite not making the top 20 overall.

hala_madrid722 repped this.
  20. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really don't know what to think about the Navas situation. For me he is an iconic keeper because of his performances last year. He was possibly the player of the season, which in this team is insane. But his absolute prime was in 2014 for the World Cup, and hes at the age where he might start slowing down. Combined with the injury, this decline should be accelerated.

However, its always hard to identify this with goalkeepers. You simply can never be sure. Even with Casillas it was like this. Today Keylor pulls off the most stunning save after another hiccup before. He looked like he still has those superhuman reflexes when he pulled that save. I think there is no way to know whether the mistakes he had this season are some sort of pattern, unless you see him in training as well and have real data about speed, response time etc.

In short, I wouldn't say Navas is done yet at the highest level. The errors this season might all be down to probability and luck. But there is no way to know really just from games.

21. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He is not done, but it's quite logical to search younger, great keeper. it's understandable from Perez.

22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    He's done at Madrid.

MerlinRM, Crimson, MadridOzil and 2 others repped this.
  23. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd be willing to keep him as number two if he wants that role but number 1.. yeah we need a new keeper.

24. Castillas

Castillas Member+

May 4, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    OK, I think after his blunder today, it cannot get worse. He can only get better. It was a streak of bad luck. It happens.

25. Marksman

Marksman Member

Dec 21, 2006
    I always laugh when people give me names like Courtois or De Gea. Like money could actually buy those two...

There isn't enough money in the world to buy:

1. Courtois
    2. De Gea
    3. Lloris
    4. Neuer

Real doesn't have enough money to buy:

5. Der Stegen
    6. Oblak

Real probably won't consider buying because of long term good relationship with the club:

7. Donnaruma (provided Milan doesn't' sell him just as a ******** you to eventual new owners)

Other than this 7 goalkeepers you are in the Navas, Mignolet, Trapp teritory. So might aswell stick with Navas until something realistic appears.

Anon. repped this.