The Official Welcome Danilo Luiz da Silva Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Mar 31, 2015.

1. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    and how many decent matches you can count? just this? or according to see many in this forum lying when saying how Danilo is bad.

2. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yesterday he was awful, everyone has the type of game every now and then. He is better than what he showed yesterday.

3. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As i already said before what does that matter when he is awfull 80 percent of the time ? out of 10 games will be lucky to get 2 decent games from him and the rest are really really bad with dumbass mistakes.

4. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    well thanks. that was my point too :) totally agree. If you are just not good enough, you are not, quite simple.

5. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lets see how things play out the rest of the season and then evaluate it at the end. He's our current back up RB until the end of the season if we like it or not.

6. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Actually People make huge noise when he has one of this really bad games is what i see.

7. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i'm watchin every Real match every season, and i saw every match since Danilo here and he is just not good enough for this squad. i'm saying it honestly.

RMSocrates and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  8. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    That is your opinion. Clearly Zidane disagrees with you.

9. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Danilo has had a few ok games but IMO generally he has looked out of his depth, at one point he genuinely looked absolutely shocking for a player at this level, must have been nerves, lots of energy yes but not particularly balanced with quality,

his defending still makes me cringe I find him ungainly and so far, again IMO, about 90% of his football since he came here has been mostly meh, I wish I had seen enough of him before he came to us to see what the fuss was all about, as I seem to recall a few teams wanting him

RMSocrates repped this.
  10. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think y'all are very harsh on Fabio over here. I would also be happy if he is sold because of his injuries, but when he does play he is super competitive and gives 110%, something I like to see in defenders. You look at the other side of the field, and you see Danilo on the verge of suicide from self pity lol. Fabio is a pretty good defender, and if he is sold next summer I wouldnt consider his time here a failure, even if he didnt meet our expectations. Danilo though has shown nothing so far that makes me believe he is footballer let alone one fit for our team.

Digital repped this.
  11. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Whosoever would say Fabio's time at RM was a failure obviously wasn't paying attention.

Injuries ravaged his career which could happen to anyone but when he was healthy he was real good. Obviously he is no longer that player so should be moved on.

Danilo though. I feel bad for him but dude is just not that good.

Digital and Akramzizou repped this.
  12. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm, I certainly was paying attention. And I think his time was a failure.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  13. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    He wasn't always good when fit. He did have certain games where he was good sure but he's had some very bad ones too.

14. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That applies to everyone on our team IMO, i can't think of any player anywhere who is "good" all the time, we then have to get into stats which I try to stay away from personally

15. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Coentrao took it to another level. To be honest the good games he's had are so few I can only remember two or three

16. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Maybe I just remember the good times. But I think he contributed a lot in very important games and end of season high pressure matches against extremely tough opponents and thus contributing to us winning titles. Just for that i'd say his time here hasn't been a failure.

Sure. But that happens with everyone right.

robnycus repped this.
  17. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coentrao was so disappointing to me because he didn't kick on from his Benfica time and get better as a player. He got worse in the attacking sense, and probably stayed the same defensively. Remember at the time we paid a large buyout clause for him, and he was touted as the future best in the world at LB. I don't know, I watched it all like you guys did and I'm still bummed out at the way his Madrid career has gone.

Doni, Crimson, HZinho and 3 others repped this.
  18. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is starting to get ridiculous....

19. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Hope he leaves in the summer. Not a player of Real Madrid's caliber.

20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

21. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agree with this. His performances in the 2014 CL run after stepping in for the injured Marcelo after not seeing many stretches of games beforehand were commendable however, so I've a bit of soft spot because of that period.

22. King_of_Madrid

King_of_Madrid Red Card

Oct 19, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Get this ******** out of Madrid. He's a mid table team player or a Barca player.

23. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I try to be patient and positive with our players but you got to draw the line somewhere. This guy sucks. Nacho should be back up RB and sell Danilo this summer.

24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Don't think we'll find a suitor. He'll probably go on loan to Portugal or something. I don't mind. As long as he's not here. I feel bad for him and don't mean to be mean but he's done a lot of damage.

Can Hakimi be any worse than him at this point? I say give the lad a shot.

25. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In my life as a fan of the club, he is the worst player I have ever seen playing on the field. What was the name of the French winger we bought around 2006? That player at least never played. Yes, Faubert!

This guy at least played a few good games after his debut.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/4273704.stm

saadomar repped this.