The Official Thread of the Haitian National Teams

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by touppouyo, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    rain spoil the end of the game

2. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    True it messed up the rythm.

Even though this Chilean team is a B or C team, it's still encouraging to see that Haiti could play and in some cases outplay these guys. This wasn't Haiti's best team. This was like B+ team. So its an ok result.

3. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Which guys were you missing?

Metro

4. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Mayard, Pierre, Noel, Eloi...

5. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    the tropics what do you except .

this is good results for the Haitian,

6. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Pierre played the 2nd half (based on the line-up I saw). ;)
    So it was more like an A- team more or less?
    So Eloi finally decided to rep. Haiti at NT level?

Metro

7. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    There were no other oversea players except Noncent(France), Guilaume, Gabart(all from Miami FC)

Pierre was not there

Mayard and Eloi either, they are injured and will miss the Gold Cup.

Brunel played but was not in a good day.

Missing were Pierre(France) Bertin (Spain)and Fabrice Noel(France).

Guillaume, Boucicaut, Chery played very well.

Chili has a number 10 who is very good.

8. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    This is courtesy of alpha26 from Sakapfet.com's message board.

Haitian National Team Grade For Wednesday's match vs. Chile

DEFENSE: B- Our defense is the strongest part in our team. We know how to defense as a group. There are three negative things I found; 1. To much foul in our half. We can not afford to give up to many foul in our half. If we need to foul, we need to foul them in their half so they can get less chance. 2. We need to stand up in our feet and defend. I realize our guys do a lot of slide tackling. We need to slow the player with the ball down till help arrive. 3. We need to know how to slide tackle. We get to many yellow cards because we slide tackling the bad way.

CENTER MIDFIELD: C- Our center Mild fielders suppose to be our strongest part. The entire ball that the Chile played to their Forward, most of them came from Midfield. We need to be more defensive. Our Mid fielders are not making plays, they are not going forward more with the ball; they are not giving through ball to our forward. They are sort of spectators. They need to be more involved in terms of play making. They need to take some shots, test the goalie

L/R Midfield: C+ Our wings need to take the opponents one on one to open gap for your midfielders. Our outside guys need to drive the ball more when crossing the ball instead of floating the ball. Driving the ball gives us more chance of scoring. They need to take some shots if they have to.

FORWARD C- Well our striker had couple threats but that was it. It was hard for him to really be a threat because they were defending him good but still when he gets chances he needs to take some of the defenders on and one or at least draw couple more to him to open gap for through balls. He needs to take some shot

NT: C+ Overall we did not play bad at all at the same time we did not play great football, it was a sub par game. I see lots of improvement and I am glad to see the boys finally playing good football. If we cut down in our mistakes, there is no team in concacaf that can keep up with us.

9. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    * If you're able to read this article, please do so with a pinch of salt.

--

www.mercuriovalpo.cl

"Era como estar en otro mundo"

Sebastián Roco se mostró impactado por la pobreza del país.
    JUAN CARLOS MORENO

El avión de la Fuerza Aérea de Chile proveniente de Puerto Príncipe aterrizó en Santiago ayer a las 8.15 horas. La Selección Nacional finalizaba así una de sus más "intensas" travesías de los últimos tiempos, no sólo por la premura del viaje a Haití, sino también por los contrastes observados en uno de los países más pobres del mundo.

Entre quienes llegaban en la fría mañana capitalina se encontraba Sebastián Roco, quien de inmediato se subió a su auto para venirse rápidamente a Valparaíso. Ya en el Puerto, y cuando el reloj marcaba las 11.30 horas, la presencia del espigado y calvo zaguero sorprendió a los hinchas que en ese instante presenciaban el entrenamiento de Santiago Wanderers. El capitán se sumaba a la práctica, en un acto que fue aplaudido por los presentes en el recinto.

Luego hubo un tiempo para analizar la experiencia en tierra centroamericana. "Nuestra realidad es demasiado diferente", advirtió de entrada, reconociendo lo "impactante" que significaba transitar por las calles de Puerto Príncipe y estar sometidos a un estricto control, que iba desde la imposibilidad de comer alimentos que no estuvieran vigilados por el médico de la delegación hasta el tener que lavarse los dientes con agua mineral.

"Era como estar en otro mundo", agregaba Roco, explicando que quizás una de las situaciones que más impactó es la cantidad de pobreza y basura que día a día puede verse en las calles de Haití: "Es un país hermoso, pero que carece de lo más mínimo para cualquier familia acostumbrada, por ejemplo, a nuestra realidad".

"Fue una experiencia de vida tremenda. Nos dimos cuenta de lo favorecidos que fuimos en nacer acá, sin las carencias que pudimos observar", concluyó, confirmando que "más allá del cansancio, ahora me centro en Santiago Wanderers y el partido del domingo ante Cobresal".

SEGUNDO EMBAJADOR

Quien también viajó a Haití como parte de la delegación fue Mario Jadue. El vicepresidente de Santiago Wanderers coincidió con Sebastián Roco al mostrarse "impactado" con la realidad diaria que se vive en Puerto Príncipe: "Como experiencia fue inmensa, pero la calidad de vida es horrible".

"Quedamos muy agradecidos de los militares chilenos que se encuentran allí, porque siempre estuvieron con nosotros", agregó Jadue, explicando, por ejemplo, que un viaje de apenas 47 kilómetros duraba nada menos que cuatro horas. "Allá no hay caminos. La gente se muere en la calle y se la comen los perros", concluyó con estupor el directivo caturro.

---

Metro

10. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    BS. I heard it all before. Where did they think they were coming to? Sweden? Haiti is a country in crisis that is currently trying to get back on its feet. That's a lame way to hide the truth that is their U-20 women got beaten 3-2 and their senior team was lucky to escape with a draw! By the way, the Bermudians had a longer speech about how poor we are and how rich they are after we whipped them 11-1 :mad:

11. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I don't think the fact we tied had anything to do with what was written in the article, bro. I will not get into an (unnecessary) socio-political argument, but I did think it would be fair to inform and whatnot. I would also like to add that the the women's loss went basically unnoticed by everyone (press, people in general). I would be shocked to find out any of the Men's NT players actually cared.

Metro

12. WarChant

WarChant New Member

Jun 2, 2006
    I felt disrespected by this writer.

13. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    1. In all fairness, yes I probably should not have put the article here. For that, I apologize, and if you guys wish that post to be deleted, please ask one of the mods to do so (I would do it myself, but I am not a mod in this particular forum). Again, my apologies: I did not mean to across as a d!ck or anything like that.

2. The writer just wrote what the player told him. In other words, this article has little (if anything) to do with its writer.

3. Again, in all fairness: it was a known fact that the two matches (more than the actual soccer aspect) had a social agenda/objective.

Metro

14. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Yea, Vidangossy: he's heading to Villarreal (Spain) this summer. Was somewhat of a bright spot for our U20s in Paraguay. Currently plays for Union Espanola.

Metro

15. papito

papito New Member

May 1, 2006
    I understand the article about poverty in Haiti ....... etc...but the exageration is too much like" people die on the street and dogs are eating them" where they see this? i was in Haiti last 2 months.

Iam sure they just write what they think than what they see.

With the tight security the players have, i don't think they have time to go and observe things and they were about 3 hours off Paup.

This is mostly story they hear by the Chilean force there.

16. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Metro, you did not write the article. We have no problem whatsoever with you or any other Chile fan on the board. However, this is more disinformation than anything else. BTW, I read other articles from the Chilean media that are worst than the one you have posted. One such article used many condenscending and racist terms referring to us.

There was so much going on at the stadium where many thousands of people turned out for the doubleheader. If the writer wanted to inform at least he would have found one positive thing to write about. The article has none.

BTW, not long ago Chile played another poor country who happens to be in the bottom three of the poorest countries in the Americas, I heard nothing about poverty, ms13 etc.

In conclusion, you don't need to apologise. You did nothing wrong and we have no problem with you.

17. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Most African countries are alot worst than Haiti, I never hear the opposition complain. A country like Jamaica has the highest crime rate in the region probably ( all of latin america), but you never hear teams complain about playing in Kingston. Articles like that make it hard for the Haitian Federation to organise games in Haiti.

18. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    The part about the dog eating human flesh I thought was unnecessary. On that we can agree upon. The article could've done without it, to be honest. However, for someone to claim that the players just went by what the forces told them is ridiculous.

The Chilean FA asked for a nice hotel so the Haitian one went out of their way to arrange for a nice hotel: turns out the hotel is located 45 min. from the stadium, and it takes a trek up a dirt road to get there (a 3 hr. ride for the players, in this case). I don't think that's something they made up.

In fact, I would say it's a bit sad you're thinking Chileans are making this stuff up.

Where is the racism on any of the articles? Where is there condescending terminology used against your people? I don't get the ms13 complaint, either: do you mean if we played El Salvador? Well, we haven't (not that I recall). If you refer to the game vs. Brazil--that one was played in Sweden (large Chilean population there). So, please go ahead and find the article with condescending and racist terms--maybe I can write up a complaint, if it is indeed a "nasty", insulting article.

I know sometimes when you read the negatives about your own country it may seem irritating: it somewhat does happen to me, as well, believe me. As long as it's the truth and it's written in a respectful manner, one should allow for it to be written. I cannot get riled up every time inaccuracies are written about Pinochet's government.

This article was asking for Rocco's personal experience, because this is a local newspaper (from the Valparaiso Region--Rocco plays for Stgo. Wanderers de Valparaiso). Hence why the reporter wanted his side of the story. Had we had more players on the NT for this trip (I say "we" because this is the team I support), he probably would've asked those players, as well. More national newspapers such as La Tercera or El Mercurio, had the actual game report, line-ups, etc...

In retrospect, I probably should have not copied the article. :(

Metro

19. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    The hotel where the chilean team stayed was probably in Petionville, a suburb situated in the mountains overlooking Port au Prince. It is a relatively rich town. The road leading to there is rough, but again, what do you expect, it's Haiti, not Canada. I really don't see what the big deal is. Even if it did take them 3h to get to the stadium. Why not write an article on the actual game.

20. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    I am not helping any stupid racist by spraying his words on the internet. If you want just check your own media. Don't expect me to help those idiots who only feel good by putting others down.

BTW, what would be your reactions if after a match against Switzerland, all what the Europeans are talking about is the old cliche that 'Chileans are pickpockets'? Would that sound fair to you. What does football have to do with that? Why would they need to focus on a negative thing after a football match? Look how Chileans reacted when police in Switzerland made a terrible generalization about Chileans living in their country. Is that what you would want them to talk about after a football match?

Read:
    :: Sección Internacional

Diversas reacciones origina repudiable volante distribuido por la policía de una ciudad cerca de Estocolmo
    POLICIA SUECA: CUIDADO CON LOS CHILENOS, SON LADRONES !!

Nataniel Figueroa: Un chileno que defiende nuestro prestigio como comunidad.
    Por: www.huelenchile.com
    Todo comenzó cuando el pasado miercoles Nataniel Figueroa, un jóven de origen chileno leyó un volante que la policía de Botkyrka, una Comuna aledaña a Estocolmo, repartía al vecindario. En ella la estación policial aconsejaba a sus vecinos a tomar precauciones respecto de la ola de hurtos y robos que en el período de verano cobran intensidad. Lo grave de la nota es que en ella se advertía a la población de tener " CUIDADO CON LOS CHILENOS RECIEN LLEGADOS AL PAÍS " pues ellos estaban dentro del grupo de LADRONES. Cómo se puede identificar a quienes llegaron hace años o a quienes vienen recién llegando,pero además, cómo se puede distinguir a los que son delincuentes de quienes no lo son ? Se preguntó de inmediato Nataniel. En la siguiente nota les contamos los detalles de su reacción.
    Nataniel Figueroa no podía dar crédito de lo que leía. Si bien es cierto que el objetivo de la Policía tenía un orígen noble, lo concreto es que en ella se injuriaba a toda una comunidad exacerbando los prejuicios que a menudo sirven de argumento a los racistas y xenófogos echando por tierra la importante contribución que como Comunidad de inmigrantes realizamos a diario en este país.

Cómo es posible que la Policía, destinada a defender los derechos ciudadanos, viole gravemente el prestigio de toda una comunidad estigmatizandola ante el resto de la población ? se preguntó entonces un indignado Nataniel junto con decidir de inmediato denunciar esta grave ofensa.

Por ello se apersonó a la Dirección Policial y como simple ciudadano estampó una denuncia formal donde junto con repudiar y rechazar los contenidos del volante distribuido, dejaba en evidencia la grave falta impetrada por el órgano policial.

Esta denuncia originó el inmediato interés de la Prensa quien consignó el infortunado episodio. La denuncia tuvo la inmediata reacción de la policía quien se disculpó publicamente por la falta extendiendo sus disculpas a Nataniel, el autor de la denuncia.

Pero, se puede reparar el daño causado cuando miles de hogares de esa Comuna recibieron el volante de la policía donde se señala que los chilenos son ladrones ?

El hecho nos recuerda cuando años atrás un destacado diario de circulación nacional publicó la bandera chilena como adjunto de una nota que informaba sobre la aprehensión de una banda de chilenos que había cometido ilísitos en ésta capital. La publicación, en su tiempo, originó también diversas reacciones obligando al diario en cuestión e incluso al Gobierno a dar las explicaciones del caso y a efectuar las excusas públicas por tamaña actitud.

Nuestra redacción, hoy , junto con repudiar la actitud de la Policía de Botkyrka quiere también felicitar a Nataniel Figueroa por defender sus derechos y los de la Comunidad a la que pertenece y por sobre todo por enfrentar a las autoridades obligandoles a rectificar su conducta.

Les entregamos a continuación el artículo publicado por el Diario City, respecto de este incidente: La nota está publicada bajo el titular: La Policía ofende a un grupo étnico"

21. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    This has nothing to do with what we were discussing, but did anyone see the game between Miami FC and Montreal Impact yesterday? If so, the haitian defender Obas kind of impressed me, what do you think?

22. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    First you say you won't help racists but you go and copy an article that emphasizes such attitudes. :confused:

I read that article, fyi--do I care? No. I know not all Chileans are like that. I don't think the article I posted mentions stereotypes about Haitians. In fact, it talks about the infraestructure (or lack thereof).

So you won't provide evidence to your claims? Then I think it's hard to believe that what you're claiming is true--that all our articles are racially motivated and have a derogatory connotation. I can't help you with that.

The one article from terra that includes pics talks about Moya's experience and how lucky he feels. No racism there.

The article from el Mercurio has the match report--no racism there.

This one from el Mercurio de Valparaiso talks about one specific players' views and experiences on this trip--no racism there.

I am inclined to propose a theory that would explain this whole situation (a comparison between Chile and Haiti) but I am afraid it would be misinterpreted and taken the wrong way and I would probably never be invited back into this forum/thread. :eek: Hence why I will keep it to myself.

I did, however, think we were all mature here and could dicuss such topics without deeming a whole country a certain way (this goes back to citing an article written about my country's people). Your explanation is also a bit inaccurate as you claim it's in Switz., whereas the article is based in Sweden.

Here is the diff. between racism (what you claim my media is trying to perpetuate) and expressing one's views in a respectful manner (which is what I think is going on right now):

racism: all people from country "x" are dumb, lazy, etc...
    views: I went to country "x", and I was a bit surprised because of the many things I had to go through. I had never traveled on a dirt road. I had never been obliged to brush my teeth with mineral water. Just a few things I had never experienced before.

I say we close this discussion and move on.

Metro

23. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    First you say you won't help racists but you go and copy an article that emphasizes such attitudes. :confused:

----- I thought you were smarter than that. The article is taken from a Chile's paper and is written from a Chilean perspective. It's not from the police dept that consider all Chilean ladrones. Your point is lame.

I read that article, fyi--do I care? No. I know not all Chileans are like that. I don't think the article I posted mentions stereotypes about Haitians. In fact, it talks about the infraestructure (or lack thereof).

------ Infrastructures in regard to a football match are the stadium, the condition of the pitch... Did you read any such thing in the article?

So you won't provide evidence to your claims? Then I think it's hard to believe that what you're claiming is true--that all our articles are racially motivated and have a derogatory connotation. I can't help you with that.

------ What claim? and why would I provide to you evidence of my 'claims'. Dude, you are an insignificant 'somebody on the internet'. You are just someone who has posted a sh%# article about my country. I replied to let you know how we feel about those sh@#. Get real. Your opinion has no importance to me and I hope it's vice versa.

I did, however, think we were all mature here and could dicuss such topics without deeming a whole country a certain way (this goes back to citing an article written about my country's people). Your explanation is also a bit inaccurate as you claim it's in Switz., whereas the article is based in Sweden.

-------- You're just too biased to understand that you don't have to defend some stupid writer you probably don't even know just because he is Chilean. You are too biased to notice that such article is irrelevant to a football match, specially a friendly one.

Here is the diff. between racism (what you claim my media is trying to perpetuate) and expressing one's views in a respectful manner (which is what I think is going on right now):

racism: all people from country "x" are dumb, lazy, etc...
    views: I went to country "x", and I was a bit surprised because of the many things I had to go through. I had never traveled on a dirt road. I had never been obliged to brush my teeth with mineral water. Just a few things I had never experienced before.

------- You need to check the definition of racism again. Racism is not about countries, it's about people's ethnic or racial backgrounds. Spanish words in the Chilean articles that you have probably read also but too biased to admit are racial slurs words that everybody around the world knows.

-------Most of Chile's water probably comes from snow melting in the andes; Therefore, your water requires little treatment. Haiti on the other hand is in the mountainous side side of an island in the tropics and the country is less than 30 000km(squares). Most of the water used in Haiti comes from rain water and subterraneous aqueous pond just like in almost all other Caribbean countries. Therefore, comparing the quality of drinking water in Haiti and that of Chile is obvious stupidity.

------ How is all that related to the friendly match? Steups!

I say we close this discussion and move on.

------ Good idea.

24. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    And to think I defended you against Warlord. :eek: Not only am I no longer appreciated here, I have been insulted and deemed a nobody. I guess I will have to find a diff. way to follow Haitian soccer now. :(

Metro

25. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Hey nobody insulted anyone. It's just a discussion. We have a different point of view, but that does not mean your not welcomed here

You just need to understand that this kind of article is very comon in the ''white'' world, and we dont think its necessary for a journalist to publish things of that nature, following a football match. At least if the article had stated something like....oh haitians live in abject poverty but still seem to enjoy life. The atmosphere in the stadium was very good. These people are courageaous. Despite the lack of money, haitian football seems to be on the rise.....etc etc
    For some reason we rarely read acticles of that nature coming from a relatively rich country.
    anyways again, don't think you'r not welcomed, most of us enjoy your posts...well most of them ;)