The Official Safet "Pape" Susic Thread

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Vojnik, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Any news & interviews from our legendary player and current BiH national team coach, Safet Susic, goes here.

[​IMG]

2. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Hahaha Vojnik I just saw the Susic picture and your sig unerneath, EPIC

3. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Looool, that is hilarious. :)

4. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    What do you guys think of Susic's work so far? I have to say that I am overall pleased with him. He got us those crucial wins over Romania and Albania rather convincingly, and took care of the business against Luxembourg as well. Some very impressive friendly results against Ghana and Slovakia too.

The only bad things so far are those Romania and France games, we were exposed and embarassed very easily and we just didn't show up at all. Both of these games though, we went for the long ball approach, something that will never work with our national team.

I am satisfied with his work so far but he has done nothing significant yet. The double header with Belarus will be where we can really judge him as our coach, and I hope he doesn't disappoint us.

5. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I'm completely satisfied with Susic, so far. Ever since the France game, he's learned to always use1-2 defensive midfielders, something out NT has to have if we want to win. That might change since he's finally got Papac on the team (another improvement). I'd think that he might use 1 defensive mid now, but overall good improvements for Susic.
    One thing Susic needs to do, though, is call up Begovic, first of all. I don't know why Susic has hesitated, but I heard he wouln't be called up as long as Susic was our head coach, and that's not good because he could be coach for a while. I hope he realizes the talent Begovic has to offer for this team. Anther thing is calling up Cocalic. Why this hasn't been done already, I don't know but he has to do it eventually.

So the one thing Susic must do to become a great coach, is use all the young talent we have. Otherwise, his tactics are better, the training is good for the team, and he's a good leader (I'd say).

6. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    He's done something no other coach has done for us and that is introduce new players to our national team so quickly like Mujdza, Lulic, Vranjes, Besic, Stilic, etc. Muzurovic did too, but he had no choice because half of our national team was boycotting the FA at the time. He needs to stick with two defensive midfielders and I am sure he will because of all the players we have there like Zahirovic, Salihovic, Besic, Rahimic, and Medunjanin.

He's also increased the amount of training days before a game, remains optimistic and realistic about our chances, improved his decisions and tactics, etc. He has improved so much as a coach since he took over the national team and that's exactly what we needed him to do. I just hope in the future he calls up Cocalic, Begovic, and maybe test a couple new strikers since we're thin in that department, but it's OK for now.

7. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  8. NoviDracula

NoviDracula Red Card

Aug 9, 2011
    California USA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    They don't get along, apparently Begovic is "too cool" to play for us.

9. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I don't want to talk too much about this situation because we don't really know what's going on behind the scenes, but I'm pretty sure Begovic loves and wants to play for BiH. He must have had some reasons for why he didn't turn up for those two friendlies.

10. PonosBosne

PonosBosne Red Card

Jan 11, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hate this nigguh! We need to bring in a foreign manager!

11. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Bump.

Safet Susic recently extended his stay with the Bosnian NT, which I like. We have a few, very important friendlies (Brazil, Rep. Ireland, and Mexico) coming up and I hope he can call up the right players...

12. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  13. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    Of all the threads you can tag me in, you choose this one. Jebem li ti ......

anticule repped this.
  14. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Discuss the "mastermind" behind our qualification

[​IMG]

15. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Let me put it like this:

He did what he had to do, hopefully he'll do good things at the WC but after that, i rather have someone else in charge. Someone with the name Halilhodzic.

bosna10 repped this.
  16. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
    He's more like a mascot. Very funny.
    Surprisingly enough, he's taken us to play-offs twice and both times failed against Portugal, which is understandable in a way, very close, especially last time. Now he finally did it.
    I don't know if I would want him to stay, I mean the results were there, although he can definitely do better, he seems like he's about to say "Why dontcha teach a metric child how to read? *Smug faes*" all the time.

There's just some aura of clumsiness or incompetence surrounding him, guess it is the stuff he's been saying, his goofiness and how he doesn't call up certain players everyone wants called up.

17. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Well said

18. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Regardless there's no need to disrespect the guy

Sarajevsko Pivo repped this.
  19. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I feel i'm too hard on him sometimes.

DadoIsNumeroUno and Bicewanger repped this.
  20. Hercegorštak

Hercegorštak Member+

Mar 12, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    He's an amateur. Tactically he has an IQ of 57. Sucks at calling up players and securing the future of our team. Sucks at adapting.

Acts like a seljak.

anticule repped this.
  21. Hercegorštak

Hercegorštak Member+

Mar 12, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    If he doesn't beat Iran and Nigeria he will fully prove his status as a mediocre seljak of a manager who got lucky. With the right coach our team should be comfortably beating both those teams. But with Susic who the hell knows.

anticule and Sarajevsko Pivo repped this.
  22. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Every peasant in Bosnia looks just like him. It's true.

23. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
    Lol, do you guys realize what an insult it is to UEFA? xD
    Actually, to FIFA even. Because he managed to get the team this far, i.e. we're saying we can put a chicken as the manager of our NT, and we'll still qualify to the WC. :ROFLMAO:
    Can't tell if super pro or super insult.
    Either way, I lol'd.

108thLegendary repped this.
  24. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    He led us to the play-offs once and took us directly into a tournament once. In the first play-off versus Portugal, we were managed by Ciro and then in the Euro 2012 play-off vs. Portugal, we were managed by Safet.

25. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
    Oh, right lol, my mistake.