The Official Rafael Baca thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Jul 8, 2011.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think he came on too late to start anything. Maybe he will do better next game.

2. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully because we need someone that can take people on.

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think he can and I believe he will fight for 50/50 balls too.

4. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need someone who can defend and does not give the ball away needlessly, he succeeded in that case.

His potential do do anything more when he was put on was stiffled conserably by the fact that RJ was still on the field, not Dawkins.

RJ is a "black hole" (please PC cops, if he was caucasian, black would still be the proper term) who sucks talent and potential from all around him.

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah I agree. Even our defenders kept who everyone is boasting about kept defnding but they also kept overturning the ball trying to clear it. I don't think thats smart defending.

6. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dawkins was no threat last game and I can see why Frank left Johnson on.

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dawkins is heading back to England. Not many players in the world will give it their all for a club 1/2 way across the world when they are gone from that club in a few months time. I mean some players that are on loan from other clubs within the same league will give it their all to prove how well they are doing but his time here is short and I doubt Spurs are watching Quakes games . If they are they are probably telling him not go get injured. He and the Quakes know he's gone soon.

8. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know how many years he has left with Spurs in his contract, but when you are a young player that is getting loaned out to MLS from the top flight in England your transfer fee plummets. Either way though, Dawkins is ineffective.

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm sure his will and desire plummeted also. He is getting paid $60k from the Quakes. I'm guessing the Spurs are probably paying him at least another $50-$60k. You are right, I wasn't impressed last night.

10. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His performance drops a bit from what it was initially and you guys are ready to crucify.

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Actually, my cousins were out here from Europe last week and they saw him play at the Stanford game and thought he was the most skilled player on the pitch. That doesn't matter though if he can't really help the team. I'm thinking he will be gone soon.

12. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And what exactly does he have waiting for him back at Tottenham? Another loan spell out to a League 1 or 2 team? Spurs re-signed Dawkins to give him one more chance (in America) to prove himself.
    But, this is starting to sound like the anti-Huckerby drivel you posted recently. You seem to have an issue with the Quakes signing English players.

13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who said anything about being anti Dawkins or having an issue with the Quakes signing English players? I never posted or thought that. All I'm saying is he already said he can't wait to go back and play there and his time here is growing short.

http://www.mercurynews.com/earthquakes/ci_18248887

If he does poorly the rest of the way, knowing the EPL snobs and Harry Redknapp, they will just say or think MLS is a lesser league and he wasn't progressing. If he does well, then I'm sure they will want him back right away. Either way, he isn't long for the SJ/MLS unless they buy him outright and I don't believe the Quakes will shell out the money to buy him. I mean it would be great if they do, but I doubt it.

14. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he does poorly Tottenham will get rid of him. Trust me, Dawkiins is doing all he can to impress the coaches back in London. No giving "1/2" as you alluded to.

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Therefore, by this same reasoning and if he does well, then he definitely will be gone.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Baca told me on FCBk that he feels good after the first game and that he should be starting soon. It will be good to see what he can do against West Brom.

17. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That picture is a perfect juxtaposition between two teams in this league at the top and at the bottom. On one side you have one of the most famous footballers in the world making millions of dollars (LA with true professionals making huge salaries, under brilliant coaching and management). On the other you have a rookie who wasn't even good enough to be taken in the MLS draft yet has found his way onto the field as a starter (the Quakes a team of misfits scrapped together by an incompetent GM and coached by a buffoon with the passion of cream of wheat).

No picture greater explains the problems with this team and its leadership.

19. CCSoccerFan

CCSoccerFan Member

May 2, 2009
    And the inequalities in MLS.

20. onemormor

onemormor Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You've got a lot of socal love going on in this post. Mix that in with your Quakes hate and it's Herbilife jersey time.

21. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what a 13 game winless streak can do to a person, he's gone from the Quiet Type to the Whiny Type.

22. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the picture. Looks like Baca beat Beckham to the ball.

23. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. I guess we can't post anything critical of our team anymore. You get apologists attacking your love of your team in ridiculous ways.

24. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your post was ridiculous. Baca beating Beckham to a header "explains the problems with this team and its leadership"?

25. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I said it was a juxtaposition of the two teams. It's representative of one team doing things right and the one team doing things wrong. Apparently, that makes me an LA fan. :rolleyes: