The Official Park Ji-Sung Appreciation/Farewell Thread

Discussion in 'Korea' started by ChaDuRi671, May 13, 2014.

1. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    why?

2. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

3. https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetba...-ajax-kan-veel-leren-van-deze-clubs~a73e2222/
    [​IMG]
    Ji-Sung Park duikt op bij PSV en Ajax: ‘Kan veel leren van deze clubs’

Voormalig PSV'er Ji-Sung Park is enkele dagen op bezoek bij PSV. De 38-jarige oud-topvoetballer wil naar eigen zeggen leren van de ontwikkelingen bij de club en met name ook bij de jeugdopleiding.

Rik Elfrink 07-05-19, 20:06 Laatste update: 22:00
    Ji-Sung Park was deze week op bezoek bij PSV. © ED

Deleted Users repped this.
  4. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Because he realized that he's unqualified for the job.

5. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    wow, this thread is still alive?

lol, imagine when Sonny retires....

6. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019
    wetcrispy repped this.
  7. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I'm telling you guys. There's no need to say farewell to this clown. He's a youtuber now. Or his wife is but whatever.

8. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Maybe you can call Lee Chun-soo a clown but not PJS, lol.

9. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Sure. Lee Chun-soo is a clown but Park Ji-sung is negligent. He must have scores of knowledge and wisdom playing under the likes of Hiddink and SAF; and yet, he prolly only talked about it with his Dad.

10. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014

Youre mad at the guy bc he shares his experiences only with his Dad? Bahahahaha. He's right guys, lets all hate Jewish Park JS

11. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I'm not mad at him. I just think unhighly of any man who has a daddy-complex. Not that I would expect you to understand, as you clearly have a Ji-dog complex. Any criticism towards him is criticism towards you. Got it. But what's with the Jewish reference?

12. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  13. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005

@24:03

I recall ppl on the board thinking Scholes had issues with park (i.e. not passing to him etc), I dont think so.

Scholes giving park some massive praise in this mutv chat. Respect.

soul24rage repped this.
  14. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    I need subs for that video. jees...

15. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    The Red Devils great told Wes Brown on MUTV: "I do remember you trying to man-mark me, but you weren't the only one, Wes!

"Do you know who the worst one was? Park Ji-sung. He was a nightmare! He was unbelievable.

"Do you remember when he did it against [Andrea] Pirlo? Ah, he was unreal! He had energy all day and discipline. The discipline was unreal.

"He just used to come up to me, look at me and not say a word, stand right next to me... 'Oh Jesus, here we go!' 'Come on, ginge!' - Just say something to me, have a laugh with me!

"But he was unbelievable at it. He just used to come and stare right into my face, stare right into my eyes, 'You're not getting a kick today'."

Scholes also revealed that he initially rose through United's academy ranks as a centre-forward, before being encouraged to transition into midfield by ex-y

16. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  17. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    Patrice flew to Korea when Parks mother died

Hes Parks brother

koreire repped this.
  18. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
  19. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Not sure. But he was part of the starting lineup i think.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/mboro-vs-man-utd/teams/65275

From recollection, i remember park having a few poor touches during his early games at united but he made up for it by hussling back. If keane did rant against park it would have been from not lack of trying.

It took awhile to win over the fans, but not as crazy as PSV fans change in perception to park.

Now everyone wants a player like park who gives everything on the pitch. So much heart and tenacity. Always outworking his opponents.

The Hyphen repped this.
  20. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    #574 The Hyphen, Nov 12, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    Kinda nuts that diatribe is shrouded in mystery We do know bits and pieces of it but I don't think full details are out there still Not confirmed anyways The whole thing was rumored to have been completely deleted to boot

going off on individuals who he felt at the time were not MU quality was a big part of that interview apparently

also interesting to note he's never mentioned Park, post leaving MU even when Park literally took games on his own (Arsenal) At least to my knowledge So that to me is very telling

but we all know how Park eventually turned out over there

No one like him really in terms of discipline tenacity and heart

21. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    "That was the name we dreaded seeing most on the team sheets before our matches...Ji Sung Park...he was consistently a holy terror on the pitch"-

Brad Friedel, Chelsea FC

CanadianGook and melonbarmonster repped this.