The Official Palestine Football Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by (De La)Redstriker06, Jan 30, 2006.

1. BigBomba

BigBomba Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Awesome review!

Dou you happen to have pictures or know where to see some? Really want to take a look at Palestines kits :)

2. E_ViLL14

E_ViLL14 Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Those kits, one thing I thought was interesting was that it had "Palestine" at the back instead of their surnames especially since this is an official tournament.

3. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
  4. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Yes it states about 10 nations to play in it?

5. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Yeah says 10 nations. What gets me though is that Palestine didn't enter the Arab Nations Cup in June but are happy to do their pwn 10 nation tournament.

I'm guessing most nations will be U22 sides and possibly have the likes of Djibouti playing in it!

6. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    We wanted to play in the Arab Nations Cup- the Saudi FA deemed our FIFA ranking was too low and didn't invite us. Palestine is lovely in May while Saudi in June/July is absolutely hellish so they can have their stupid tournament that Egypt, Jordan, Morocco and a bunch of other Arab nations didn't want to play in.

Bahrain, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Jordan, Mauritania, & Tunisia's Olympic Side have confirmed their participation at the Nakba Cup- pretty decent collection of teams if you ask me.

7. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    I think Afghanistan should be invited, they gave Palestine a good run in the WCQ. and both nations are on similar in terms of being a war ravagged nation.. would be good..

Afghanistan are a better side then Pakistan and Sri Lanka so would be interesting if they are able to get invited and participate.

8. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    You are absolutely right. Afghanistan are probably the best team in South Asia right now especially after India's feeble performance in the Challenge Cup.

9. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    I'd agree, a decent selection with various different styles of play. So be an interesting little tournament.

10. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    I watched the SAFF Cup and although the final had a scoreline of 0-4 to India, without the red card to the goalkeeper, India were outplayed in every department, and it showed that this Afghanistan team need more preperation, match practice and team bonding otherwise it is potentially strong squad.

Anyway, if they are invited, would be a good to see another war torn nation.

11. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    Redstriker,

I think you are the admin on the Football Palestine blog, but even if you are not, thanks for the complimentary article on that blog about us Filipino fans. Just remember that there are more 10 million Filipinos living abroad and in your stats from other countries who follow your blog, it is quite possible that a lot of those are Filipinos as well such as myself.

Good luck on your match against North Korea. Hopefully our teams see each other in the final.

12. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    You're welcome my friend! We'll have another shot at glory in 2013/14 but here's to playing an awesome 3/4th playoff on Monday!

13. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    Yeah Good luck on Monday too. Unfortunately we won't have Etheridge in goal then but I am sure they will still try to give it a go.

BTW, I probably am one of the first Filipinos to follow your blog, since I have been checking up on your team ever since I found out in the draw for the Challenge Cup qualifying that we were placed in the same group. So I know your side very well. You have an excellent blog by the way. I have enjoyed reading it.

14. Galtaman

Galtaman Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Turkmenistan-Turkey
    Turkmenistan was invited to Al-Nakba Cup in Palestine.
    But don't know the details now..

15. aminou

aminou Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Club:
    Palestino Santiago
    I live in Sweden and talked to Imad Zatara. He told me he was planning to go back home to Sweden in May but that he would consider playing the Nakba Cup

16. aminou

aminou Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Club:
    Palestino Santiago
  17. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Greetings!

I had been looking for a way to follow the Palestine NT as well as Palestine footy in general and think I found. This is all the cooler considering I've noticed a few of you are actually CD Palestino fans. You're more than welcome to join us in BS Chile.

I think I have a soft spot for the Palestine NT specifically because Roberto Bishara played for my hometown/boyhood team--Santiago Wanderers--at one point.

Anyways, best of luck and I will be checking this thread regularly. :)

18. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    From the Vietnam Football blog (http://vietfootball.blogspot.co.uk):

The tournament, which is called Al-Nakba: From cataclysm to Statehood, will features 10 youth teams from Vietnam, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Mauritania, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, Uzbekistan and hosts Palestine. It will last from May 14th to 22nd.

19. aminou

aminou Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Club:
    Palestino Santiago
    This isn't a youth team cup. Maybe senior teams and U22 but not U19..

20. aminou

aminou Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Club:
    Palestino Santiago
    I guess we'll let some youngsters play so we can prepare for the AFC U22 Qualifiers.

21. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Vietnam fielding U19 team

22. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Tunisia sending the U23s, Pakistan will field a lot of younger players (but I think they're going through a transition anyway)

23. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  24. aminou

aminou Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Club:
    Palestino Santiago
    I'm very interested in seeing which team Iraq will field. We need too beat so I can shut my friends up once and for all.

25. aminou

aminou Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Club:
    Palestino Santiago
    @Jonny - are you palestinian ?