The Official New Jersey Devils Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey' started by Michael K., Oct 5, 2005.

1. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  2. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  3. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  4. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  5. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OUCH!

6. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those are great shots, Andy. Thanks. I was hoping to attend Saturday's game 4, but I'm going to DC for the KC match instead.

7. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    We live another day. 5-1 Devils.

8. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have some hope after this game but still not much. We are going to need performances like today in all the other games to come back in this series which is probably not going to happen. But you always have to have hope. It was nice to get a win at home after struggling so much in this series.

9. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Season over. Dissapointing end to something that couldv'e gone further. This series was lost after giving up a lead with 3 seconds to go in Game 2. If the Devils won that game the rest of this series wouldv'e been different. But this was a good season with winning the division and the big winning streak. Looking ahead, there a lot of questions to be answered in the offseason like who will be the new coach. Also I believe that Patrick Elias is a free agent so resingning him will be key. Lets hope the Devils are agreesive in the offseason because there is definetely something to build on with this team.

10. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, the refs were really, really in the tank for the Devils in Game 5, but it didn't do them any good. I didn't have a problem with the penalties against the Canes, which were all legit (well, I didn't see the first one, but the rest, as soon as the play happened, I looked around the ice for a ref with a raised arm-and saw one.) But the Devils got away with numerous hooks and trips before finally getting one called. The worst call was when I, 4 rows from the top, could see the puck loose on the ice, with Canes stabbing at it, but they whistled it dead with Brodeur prone on the ice. I've never seen a Canes crowd on the refs like they were tonight.

At one point, the shots were something like 9-2, Devils. But from that point on, the Canes absolutely dominated. Despite the mere 1 goal lead, I was very confident in the 3rd period. The Devils seemed out of steam, or like they were skating while dragging 15 pound weights. The Canes just had a real clear speed advantage.

First time the Canes have ever clinched at home. Their previous 4 playoff series wins ALL came in Game 6, on the road.

11. chelsea new yorker

Apr 26, 2001
    brooklyn, ny
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Just a note:
    six weeks til the start of training camp.........

12. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing like getting ready for hockey in August. Good to see Elias is staying and I think Claude Julien is a good choice for coach but there is still a big cap problem for this team. Lets hope Lou can work his magic again. At least our offseason is not as bad as the one the Islanders had :D

13. chelsea new yorker

Apr 26, 2001
    brooklyn, ny
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I'll drink to that!!!!!

14. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team: