Alert: The Official Mexico will win this sh!t thread..

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by nanni, Jun 28, 2009.

1. nanni

nanni Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    :Djust wait and see Dos Santos will out Goal all and So will Vela Mexican Golden Shoe watch out!!

2. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Please have at it. I could care less about the CONCACookie Cup...[​IMG]

3. efijbe

efijbe Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Katy, Tx
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I wouldn't doubt Mexico winning. Actually there is no excuse they shouldn't win this or at least get to the final. Lets see in Mexico's group there is Panama, Guadaloupe and Nicaruaga, haha. This is a Guadaloupe that doesn't have their full squad. If Mexico gets first place of their group, who they play? They play the 3rd place of the of the other group in the quarter final. The only "difficult" games Mexico will have will be in the SemiFinal and Final match.

But then again after that 0-0 tie with Guatemala I see Mexico struggling with Nicaragua and especially Panama.

4. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who knows who will win it? All the "powers" including Mexico, are sending basically domestic based reserve squads. Should be some lively matches though as those players are being given a great opportunity to earn a spot on a world cup squad. El Salvador is the only hex qualifier sending a full squad.

5. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I saw an article that showed CR squad, and was very similar to their lineups in the hex. I could be wrong but i thought they brought almost everyone. I only though that Mexico, Honduras, and USA would play home based players.

6. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Sorry to disapoint you.

Although we brought a sort-of strong squad, Kenton has given a good amount of interviews in which he specifically says winning the CONCACookie Cup is a low priority and it doesn't serve nothing more than to have a few more games to tune-up the squad, that's it.

He has pretty much pointed out that this little tournament is worthless. [​IMG]

Don't believe me? Grab someone who knows Spanish and see for yourself:

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/in...-a-la-copa-oro

http://www.diarioextra.com/2009/junio/24/deportes05.php

http://www.nacion.com/ln_ee/2009/jun...es2006866.html

http://www.laprensa.hn/index.php/Edi...-a-la-Copa-Oro

http://www.ultimahora.com/notas/2328...dad-el-Mundial

http://www.diariodiez.com/F%C3%BAtbo...-a-la-Copa-Oro

http://www.paginadeinicio.com.mx/blog/?p=375591

We will be rotating the squad with a mix of new and young. And he is right...the CONCACookie Cup, besides being a complete mockery to the sport, is more plastic than usual this time. The World Cup is the top issue.[​IMG]

Hopefully, we will play 3-4 games and call it quits. We don't need key players becoming injured or suspended on this friendly tournament. If our players are going to break their balls, be it in something that matters. This is not one of them.

I have always held reservations about this tournament but after the disgraceful interference of CON-CACA in the last one it lost any credibility it had. CON-CACA has made it clear that no one besides the two up North are allowed in the Confederations Cup.

Of course there are exceptions but for the most part I guarantee you no one cares about it. Seriously...I am not even trying to be an asshole right now...no one really cares. Really, it isn't just me. A lot of people simply could give two shits about it.

I will quote him, "Suppose we win the Gold Cup. And? We don't win anything because: it doesn't get us to a Copa America, it doesn't get us to a World Cup and there is no Confederations Cup ticket".

We have 3 CONCACAF titles well earned in different environments and aspects. They are far meritorious than the CONCACookie Cup. I am happy with those since only 1 of the 3 were won at home. One was won completely away in a time Mexico dominated the area and the other one was won on a home-and-away format.

Good luck to the US and Mexico on the final! And good luck to the rest! Hopefully Nicaragua and Guadaloupe can perform well. [​IMG]

7. efijbe

efijbe Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Katy, Tx
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Why does everyone keep saying this tournament is worthless. It is sport competition, it is not a life or death event, just like every tournament in soccer is.

8. ragin bear

ragin bear New Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will predict Costa Rica

9. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Never go to 'Vegas'

10. jinks

jinks New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    London, England
    You talk about the Cookie Cup like your the embassador of the movement. The whole of FIFA is a mafia. The whole of it. Ask Peru who tried to intervene and were basically told, shut up and pay up or you wont be qualifying for the world cup.

They are more powerful then the Russian mafia.

You say no one takes it seriously. El Salvador, Costa Rica and Honduras (bar like 3 players) are gunning for gold. Only 2 teams not taking it seriously is USA (understandable) and Mexico (dont know why, they are struggling to gel with the full team). Shrugs shoulders.

11. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Are you kidding me? We are bringing a B+ squad to this thing. Not to mention, our coach has practically said this tournament is worthless.

Check the links that I provided above. It isn't one or two media sources in which he has said it...it's many. We simply could care less about the Cookie Cup. We will be rotating players every game; we are using the tournament as a means to prepare for the WCQ vs Honduras.

12. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    fuc.k concacrap and their lame sorry excuse of a tournament called gold cup.

13. efijbe

efijbe Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Katy, Tx
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    El Salvador is also bringing a B+ squad were missing two key players Cheyo Quintanilla and Fito Zelaya.

14. IKickAndIm50

IKickAndIm50 Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Costa Ricans are upset because they dont have good enough stadiums

sorry guys but noone in gods name would ever wnat to play an important tournament in that god awful dungeon of saprissa turf... are you insane, plus only 27,000 or so seats? lol.

get over yourselves ticos.... there is a bigger CONCACAF world out there.... and obviously your team is trying, maybe your coach knows you cant win so he is making excuses ahed of time who knows

15. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    You're boring. Try again.

16. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    gold cup is a piece of shit, who are you trying to lie to,hahahahhaha,gold cup an important tourney,dont make me laugh,dumb kid.

17. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well we're in a group with two baseball nations, and a nation that's not even affiliated with FIFA.

18. efijbe

efijbe Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Katy, Tx
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    CyberAce you should thank Jack Warner for that. You guys are lucky you're not in Group A. Also don't worry after you guys win group c you'll play against the third place of group A or B, again thank Jack Warner for that.

19. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lame.

20. luis_mx

luis_mx New Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Falls church
    All this "I'm goins to winz cus I the best" is total bullcrap without any foundation and so far, Aguirre has shown us three different teams, we really don't know. Good luck to all though.

21. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    zzz

22. CuscatlecoAzul

Jun 9, 2009
    Bay AREA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I can see how you could care less about the Gold cup seeing as how C.R is used to winning world cups only.

23. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This tournament is pretty much a lose-lose for Mexico. If we win, we won against a bunch of B squads :rolleyes:. If we lose, all hell will break lose.

24. efijbe

efijbe Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Katy, Tx
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    That is pretty funny but then you remember they are first place in the hexagonal.

25. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
    2-0 with a fake pk against a team of sem-pros
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
    ROFL!!!!!!
    LMAO!!!!!!
    LOL!!!!!
    Pinoleros showing up the nopaleros.