The Official Mexico vs U.S: Friendly Post Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team: News, Analysis & History' started by sidspaceman, Feb 6, 2008.

1. #1Keeper

#1Keeper Member+

Feb 7, 2004
    This is a good post. I definitely agree with you about how there really isn't any true center midfielders in the Mexican league; they are either defensive mids or attacking mids. I really wish that we would have true center mids who play from box-to-box. I think that for a 4-4-2 to really work to its full potential, box-to-box midfielders are necessary.

2. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    I want to see this match again.

For some odd reason, my system ended up recording CNN rather than the game (most likely user error). :eek: :D

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

3. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Well even though Magallon scored both goals I feel Mexico should have scored atleast one more but it was good to see that they are getting the chemistry together in such short time

4. Tello

Tello BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 20, 2006
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Believe me Mosco, if we had Nery and Guardado...we would have scored more.

5. upsidedownflag

upsidedownflag New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    SoCal
    Como estan compadres? The us/mex game was a good game. But i don't know why nobody has really questioned this US surge, I mean they have never won in mexico, (this goes for MLS too), they played awful in the Copa America and yet all of a sudden they play lights out in the good ole' USA!

Given Baseball (steroids), the NFL (patriots spygate), the NBA (officals being bribed), I wonder what it is the US nat team is doing to make the games go their way int eh usa?! The reason they can't win in mexico is because they have no control of the game facilities in foreign countries, but in the good ole' usa they do have control, don't they? I mean tell me, why is it that they cannot do jack in on latin am. soil, but all of a sudden they play just swell in the usa with 80,000 mex fans rooting against them? Its not the fans, so it must be something else.

It is obvious that they are cheating, just like the way our last president of the US was elected through voter fraud, just like the cyclist Armstrong took steroids, just like the war in iraq is nothing more than a way to make all of iraq militantly Islamic while veiling the invasion going on right here on OUR own soil, I'm supposed to believe that with all that US cheating going on that us soccer is the only sport that does not go to such lengths? Of course they do, that's all they have, "the big game with Mexico" While I'm more interested in playing prestigious teams like Brazil, Argentina, or Germany to name a few. Nobody cares about the us nappy team that I know of, what have they done except win in the USA and they won 1 game in the world cup (one game is an anomaly), but elsewhere? Nuttin'.

I think we should really look closely at this, they always want to play in the USA, not because of thr fans, but because they can control the facilities, and remember the piss cup (gold cup) was played all on us soil in which the us invited central Am. teams, carribean teams and mexico, could you have guessed who was going to make the finals.. I loved it when mexico was on the verge of being ousted in the tournament early, only to be saved by the ref who made sure they made it so that they could face the us in fixed match. Fixed as usual with ref calls and probably magnets.

I guess while we are changing the landscape of their country they have to have something to crow about, but do not let the spazzos off the hook, tell'm to stop playing games in the usa where daddy makes it possible for them to be the ones to break the pinata, after all most fathers always let the birthday boy be the one to break it. And in the end for the us it is no big deal because it does not put them on the world futbol map, who cares about a team that create and wins their own gold cup playing against mostly central amercian teams? That'll show everyone how good you are when the road to the gold cup goes through central america!

Besides who wants to see the kind of soccer(sock her) where one team is doing all the attacking, maybe if the us natty team gets more black players they can be better at the technical aspect of the game and maybe they can win a game south america.

I have much more to say

thx

6. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Thanks for the article YB some of the comments from the USMNT supporters are beyond hilarious. My favorite is from Michael O

8. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Mike.

LOL

9. Chivasporas

Chivasporas Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Dallas, Tx
    Me too, i want to watch the game from a different perspective. Does anyone have a torrent?

10. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that true? The MNT chated "Osama" after that victory?

11. Gaspar Yanga

Gaspar Yanga New Member

May 18, 2006
    Compton
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I doubt it...

12. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Link?

13. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    A section of the stadium,, very possible.. The MNT? I highly doubt it...

14. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

That rumor has turned true over the years.

15. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    The players? if that's true, it is despicable and either the Olympic comitee or FIFA should have fine or suspended the team. I'm not one to condone that from anyone, fellow Mexican or not

16. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    They didn't. I saw that match, and the players did no such thing. The guy has the story confused with the eliminatoria in the Azteca.

17. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    That is correct. No such thing occurred with the team and there is not one iota of evidence to suggest otherwise.

18. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    thanks sid, that gave me a good laugh.

19. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    It amazes how one small group of people chant something in stands, and it is reported as if the entire stadium was chanting. Now it has evolved into the team joining the chant.

I, for one, do not condone what the "fans" chanted. It was completely uncalled for. But I find it equally irresponsible that a journalist would write the account implying that the whole stadium was chanting the word.

I have been in the stands for many sporting events, and fans say absolutely horrific things, whether it is in the US, Mexico, or Europe. I have even heard worse things at youth soccer.

20. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Of course not that is what is so funny. I've seen some crazy stories from the USMNT fans but it is usually that the game took place in Azteca and 100,000 people chanted Osama. This guy took it to a whole new level in a few years it's going to be that Lavolpe burned a American flag in the middle of Azteca while the entire country chanted Osama.

21. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Not to mention that it has evolved into a different team at a different event held in a different location. The writer nor the paper are responsible for the comments left on blogs, but the point is that the story has become USMNT folklore. Next, the message will have been spelled out on flipcards at the 2002 WC, and the blatant disrespect shown by Mexican fans served to galvanize the USMNT and play a crucial role in their victory.

Edit: sid had the same idea. What's really bizarre is that everyone who reads this board regularly knows what actually happened (and when and where) and some people were so quick to believe that this made-up story happened.

22. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    John:

23. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    i knew it, the hipster is always to blame for ruining everything!

hipsters and soccer moms.

24. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm telling you Fresa that comments section is pure comedy gold.

25. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    He did???:eek::eek:

Contrast these rumors with the actual video footage of Donovan's antics.