The Official Korea NT Thread Part 5 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zdrav

zdrav Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    We need a friendly. But February 25th is just 3 days before the Kuwait match. Is that a good idea?

2. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Our new staff -

Assistant Coach - Choi Duk Joo (최덕주) was the manager when we won the 2010 U-17 women's WC
    Coach - Shin Hong Ki (신홍기) has been under Choi Kang Hee in Jeonbuk from 2006 to now.
    Coach - Park Choong Kyun (박충균) only 38 years of age, inexperienced but is expected to provide the bridge between the staff and players
    GK Coach - Kim Poong Joo (김풍주) was our no1 goalie during 1990 Italy WC and has been serving in and out of our U-20 and U-17 NT's.

[​IMG]
    Choi Duk Joo

3. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Its pretty much confirmed that we will play a friendly on that date, the opposition not confirmed yet but most likely Uzbekistan.

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201201070100045030003874&servicedate=20120106

Geynrikh and Djeparov returning to Korea ehehehehehehe (and Kapadze as well but he still plays in K-league so..)
    They'll be playing Japan in qualifiers, so a friendly with us is reasonable.

4. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Both home games. It should be fine. Manager will use a his subs.

5. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    TBH, Id almost rather play an all-star kleague side than this.

Our friendlies have been sucking for a long ass time

6. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hard to drag quality teams to korea. as for always wanting to play in korea...

7. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  8. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I like this guy already.

9. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I do not want Farias.

I wouldn't mind if Gunes came. He did a good job in the champions league. They almost qualified.

10. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Very good answer

11. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Uzbekistan has already qualified, making their game with Japan a dead rubber. I personally think rather than as warm-up for Japan they just want experience against you (they're already getting experience against Japan) cause there's a 50/50 chance you'll meet in the 4th round. Probably found it a little easier to negotiate cause CKH would preferably have at least one run-out before the game with Kuwait.

12. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Maybe I'm missing something, but exactly what do you like about a coach who starts talking about his replacement even before his debut?

Choi Gang-hee is a quality coach, but this whole thing about his contract ending after the qualifiers is a huge joke and sets a horrible precedent.

13. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Admire his sacrifice not the situation which isn't his doing

14. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    It was his decision to take the job and it was also his decision to shorten the length of his contract.

15. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    I'm just confused by the reactions from everyone here. What's the logic behind praising someone for wanting to quit before he even starts?

16. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    It's indeed an interesting answer, but I find it ironic that this is coming from a man who admitted that he doesn't have what it takes to be a coach at the World Cup on the first day he was introduced as the coach of a team that aims to play there.

17. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Somebody answered this. not sure which page but it was around the time when he got the job.

Something along the lines of KFA kind of forcing it upon him b/c he was best qualified for this position. He said his loyalties were with his club. He kind of felt like he was betraying Jeonbuk.

Then there was some guessing...
    KFA and Jeonnbuk both have Hyundai affiliations. Maybe the Upper people only trusted CKH's managing skills. So they pressured him into helping the KNT since the team is walking on thin ice.

I think they got an interim manager b/c they couldn't find a new permanent manger. With the Kuwait match coming closer and closer, KFA had to act fast after the dismissal of CKR.

18. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I can't believe you arent reading between the lines. He's falling in the sword cause none of th KFAs candidates r going to risk tarnishing their name for one game risk like the situation calls for

19. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    I know it's a high pressure job but you would think there be more candidates jockeying for the job instead of folks begging off. Death threats from netizens?
    Sometimes being a foreign coach has it's advantages in not understanding the language.

20. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If you were Gunes, would you risk a nicely paying job at a top club with european qualification for a potential one and done situation?

Its so risky with so little time to work with the players too on such an important match to your career.

21. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    I need minimum 2 years guaranteed which is what any legitimate FA should do. Who offers 1 match and let's see.

22. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    I'm not sure how this has anything to do with what I said. The KFA offered Choi Gang-hee a contract until the World Cup. It was Choi Gang-hee's request to cut it short until the end of the qualifiers. If the KFA knew anything about long-term planning, they shouldn't have appointed him or at the very least, ask him to coach the team for the Kuwait match whilst they look for a permanent coach.

That's not the point. I'm simply asking what exactly is admirable about him speaking publicly about who will replace him less than a month into the job. This should be more about criticizing the KFA fcuking up yet again rather than praising Choi Gang-hee. This is a clusterfcuk situation the KFA created and the only thing I care about is what we do to get out of it. I could careless about whatever Choi Gang-hee is doing to "sacrifice" himself.

23. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So you want to give a problematic KNT to a foreign manager who does not watch Korean soccer on such a short notice. Or you could just give it to another illegitimate Korean manager. The KFA's ass is on the line. If we fail to qualify, SK football will move backwards! Are you going to take this gamble? KFA are not in a position to settle for less. They will take their #1 suitor.

Our side is completely different from the the WC and AFC squad. I don't think a foreign manager could adjust our team with just 1 friendly standing between a VERY VERY important game. There isn't enough time. I know we were all hoping to get some awesome manager but in hindsight getting a K-league manager was completely necessary.

If CKH hits it off, i wouldn't be surprised if he stays for the whole duration.

24. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Who said anything about hiring a foreign coach?

If missing a WC is what it will take for the KFA to go through a regime change and reconstruction of Korean football as a whole, I will gladly take it. Going to the WC will do nothing to improve Korean football under the current circumstances.

25. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think we all have low expectations for the rationality and political machinations of the KFA.

As for foreign manager, I'm pretty sure the KFA was told "I'm interested but qualify first".