The Official Jesse Fioranelli thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    then please, explain why Jesse is off on a secret scouting mission.

2. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What does this even mean?? Is he? I have no idea. If he is, "explain" what about it?

3. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    If you read back just a few posts you’d know there is some belief that he’s off scouting as we speak and, has already signed some new players. Just confirms the theory that mute silence leads to rumor and speculation.

4. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the winter transfer window opens in February, the time to scout players would be.... BEFORE FEBRUARY.

I have no idea what's actually happening, but:
    Teams scout players, and line up signings... in fact they can have them all but announced, before the transfer window actually opens. Wait, change "can" to "this happens all the time in professional soccer do you even pay attention?"

bobby_guzman repped this.
  5. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    Well there you go then, you’ve just contradicted yourself, sounds like all the groundwork can be done well in advance. hopefully thats true and Jesse’s off trying to get some excellent players lined up who can raise our profile, finally. :thumbsup:

Beerking repped this.
  6. Venceremos

Venceremos Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    You guys want to know names of future players? Look on the Chivas current roster and guess two or three names that will play here next year.

7. raindawg

raindawg Member

Sep 22, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One good way to get people to tune-in again is to establish a regular channel with the fans. If they had scheduled livestreams a few times a year (e.g in the pre-season, around the All-Star game, after the season ends, etc.) and the livestream sessions are also posted on the Earthquakes YouTube channel, I think that's a much more effective way of reaching out to people vs. what they're doing now.

Beerking and markmcf8 repped this.
  8. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    #2008 Quakes05, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    what new players have been signed already and which players "have their bags ready?" do you have any idea what you're talking about, really?

Beerking repped this.
  9. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

10. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The Earthquakes have a YouTube channel? If they're trying outreach to me with it, they're failing spectacularly. The Russians will never get to me on Facebook or Twitter, either. :)

11. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    By the way, the Quakes traditionally send out Holiday greeting cards to season ticketholders in December. Maybe one of those letters that are sometimes stuffed in Christmas cards, that recounts what the sender you never hear from eleven other months has been doing during the past year, would be a creative accompaniment? Tom Fox could write it in all caps. :)

12. raindawg

raindawg Member

Sep 22, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2012 raindawg, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    That's where all the Earthquakes videos are uploaded to: https://www.youtube.com/user/sanjoseearthquakes

It's often easier to find videos there vs. the team website....

markmcf8 and don gagliardi repped this.
  13. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's not a whole lot that can be done right now, in terms of actually signing players (which can NOT be done right now). Usually, when the team is scouting players, or talking to players and/or their agents, the rest of us don't have much visibility into that, barring a few rumors published by guys like Jeff Carlisle.

markmcf8 and NedZ repped this.
  14. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  15. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    I don't expect much visibility into that, my point was that they need to open up some general communication with fans (basic stuff like what was learned from this past season, goals for next season, player budget for next year, are we in the market for a DP, which positions are most critical for an upgrade, etc.) if they hope to stem the rapid drop in STH's. there's plenty they could (and should) communicate without discussing specifics on which players they're hoping to bring in. but, without more transparency and a clearly defined (and communicated) commitment to being better next year, good luck selling season tickets.

16. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    You sound like a cranky grandmother: "you never call."

grandma call meme.jpg

Well, geez, Grandma, you could initiate a call, too, if you want to talk.

The Quakes FO is probably listed in the phone book. Take your ticket rep to lunch and maybe you'll feel more in-the-know. :)

bobby_guzman and Venceremos repped this.
  17. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    ha! don't have a ticket rep, no longer a sth. hoping they give me a reason to renew, will just have to wait and see I guess.

18. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many international roster spots do we have open right now?

19. Venceremos

Venceremos Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Save my post and get back to me in a couple of months when it will all be public. Apologies will be accepted.

20. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesse may soon be facing one of the candidates he beat out for his current job in the western conference...

Stejskal: LA Galaxy interested in FMF's Dennis te Kloese as GM

The LA Galaxy have “serious interest” in hiring Dennis te Kloese as their new head of soccer operations, multiple sources have told MLSsoccer.com.

In addition to saying the Galaxy are interested in te Kloese for the position, the sources indicated that it’s highly unlikely that LA will hire former head coach Bruce Arena in the role.

Yahoo Sports’ Doug McIntyre reported last week that the former LA and US men’s national team head coach recently interviewed for a GM-like role with the organization. The sources confirmed that Arena spoke with Galaxy about a front office job, but they said LA are not interested in hiring him at this time.

LA president Chris Klein told reporters on Tuesday that the club will hire a new head of soccer operations this winter. That person will act as the club’s GM and will be responsible for hiring a new head coach. The Galaxy also fired former VP of soccer operations Pete Vagenas on Tuesday.

A Galaxy spokesman told MLSsoccer.com on Wednesday that Klein has spoken with a number of candidates both "foreign and domestic" about the head of soccer operations role, but that the club would not be releasing any of their names.​

The relevant part:

He was reportedly one of five finalists for the San Jose Earthquakes’ GM job following the 2016 season.​

markmcf8 repped this.
  21. hc897

hc897 Member+

May 3, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Interesting. I guess we'll find out if the Quakes dodged a bullet or struck out on that one. It sounds like this means Kinnear is also gone, though I didn't find an article or anything saying so specifically. Maybe Klein isn't as incompetent as I thought.

22. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Players back Kinnear but future in hands of new GM

Did Kinnear do enough to remove the “interim” tag from his title? That's one of the big decisions facing LA as they head into the offseason, and the man whose opinion most counts isn't yet on board.

Priority No. 1 for the Galaxy is hiring a new soccer-operations leader and that hire will determine whether Kinnear stays or goes. Meanwhile, brass is talking to prospective replacements.

“We've had numerous conversations with coaching candidates,” Klein said Tuesday at StubHub Center during the Galaxy's final media availability of the season. “But at this point, we have to allow the lead person to come in and take that over, because I believe very strongly it is the most important partnership [at the club].”​

markmcf8 and hc897 repped this.
  23. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    *snicker* :ROFLMAO:

24. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps we'll get to see if te Klose or Jesse were the better choice.

I cannot remember if I thought that we should choose Jesse or Dennis? I think I may have been team Jesse. Wasn't there something about te Klose that gave some of us pause?

Whatever. We have got to improve our team rapidly this off-season, and have a successful start to the new season, or our guys will be playing in a nearly empty stadium.

It's put up or shut up time. This will be the Year of No Excuses.

I'm having trouble mustering much optimism.

Go Quakes!!

- Mark

25. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course, this will be partly dependent on how much money the team is willing to spend, both on players, buying out contracts, and scouting, and recruiting.

Yeah, we could well remain behind the eight ball.

Go Quakes!!

- Mark

Quakes05 repped this.