The Official Jesse Fioranelli thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Jan 5, 2017.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Time for Jesse Fioranelli to span
    the globe great talent?

2. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You need a few more stanzas.

DotMPP repped this.
  3. tenfourteen

tenfourteen Member

Sep 30, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    if the quakes didn't make the playoffs last year, we'd be complaining about that instead of losing 5-0.

yeah fisher sucks, but that loss isnt a good example of why. leitch pretty much said that he's going to always be on the front foot and losses like that were going to happen. while i had my own reasons with leitch not staying on as manager, his time (especially when they played at home) was actually a breath of fresh air after the last couple of years. which of course was vacuumed back up by the stahre regime.

4. sj_oldtimer

sj_oldtimer Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Clovis CA
    If the FO is trying to repair, or even rebuild, STH damage that has resulted from this past season's mugging, my opinion is that they are wasting time at this point. Right now, all eyes need to be laser focused on field performance. Serious work in that direction will go a long way toward repairing at least some of the STH damage (and we all know that there has been far more than the organization would ever admit). Once people understand that their money isn't just going to pay overhead salaries, they are likely to rethink their decisions about season tickets. The organization is going to bleed some $$ to do this right. I usually don't defend that type of spending, but in this case, they only have themselves to blame.

5. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    #1955 Quakes05, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    I think the point was, it never really felt like a playoff year. We squeaked in only to get blown out. But enough on that, 2018 was an epic meltdown, the futility on display from start to finish was mind-numbingly dreadful. In the history of the league, The 2018 Earthquakes go down as one of the all-time worst.

Here’s hoping these guys are finally ready to build a team San Jose can be proud of. And please, with expansion teams going from zero to playoffs in their first season, we should expect nothing less than a team that’s ready to take the league by storm and built to win it all come next year.

Anything less is unacceptable.

bsman and Beerking repped this.
  6. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    absolutely right.

bobby_guzman repped this.
  7. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    feelings.jpg

bobby_guzman repped this.
  8. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    #1958 Quakes05, Nov 2, 2018

I think in light of the free ticket someone handed me for last nights' classic show, following a great ride through Wilder Ranch, this might be more apropos, at least when it comes to my Quakes.

:D

9. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    For our French friends:

10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #1960 falvo, Nov 2, 2018
    Leitch in my opinion was not the reason on why he Quakes made the "playoffs". If anything, it was a collective team effort. If you want to split hairs, the only reason was because Victor Bernardez headed the ball for Wondo in the box who squared it to Marco Urena who found the back of the net. You can say that he subbed in Urena and that was a good move but then you can also put the blame on him for losing 5 games by 4 and 5 goals..

11. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The Quakes qualified for the playoffs in 2017 because they finished in the top six in aggregate points in the standings the Western Conference during the course of the entire 34-game season. Goal differential did not matter, so the fact that certain losses were by four or five goals was immaterial.

markmcf8, DotMPP, bsman and 3 others repped this.
  12. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    given what was to follow, 2017 looks like a banner year. :p

markmcf8 repped this.
  13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Therefore, by this reasoning , Dom Kinnear and David Binham deserve credit too.

14. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Indeed, they do. And Shea Salinas, too. :)

markmcf8 repped this.
  15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Of course! His goal against the Gals was a thing of beauty! God Bless Shea!

16. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I'm going to tell him you said so. :)

17. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God, or Shea?

don gagliardi repped this.
  18. bobby_guzman

bobby_guzman Member+

Oct 24, 2014
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh my god, Falvo, just shut up! I don't give a fcuk that Leitch lost 5 away games by 4/5 goals or more, what was important to me that season was that he WON AT HOME.

You know, home games, the games that fcukin matters, the games that I PAID FOR? When Leitch was coaching, I could actually get people to go with me to the games by telling them "Our team just flat out attacks. Don't matter if they up by 1 or down by 4, they always attack. They win in style and they lose in style." People love that, they love a team that attacks and fight till the end.

And lo and behold, we only lost at home ONCE playing that attacking style. My money was well-spent. And the people that I got to come out to the games enjoyed both the attacking and the winning. They love it!

davez, DotMPP, SalinasQuakesFan and 4 others repped this.
  19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If you are still thinking and happy about that, then that's great and I'm glad for you. I haven't been happy about this team since 2012. I think most fans feel the same way but to each his own.

Quakes05 and Beerking repped this.
  20. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    has Jesse made any public comment since the firing of Stahre? maybe he's on vacation or waiting until our new coach shows up in January with the magic beans? this past season was practically over before it started, they've had all year to think about what needs to change in SJ, shouldn't we be hearing something by now? anything?
    that's one of the most frustrating things with this team, there's no effort to communicate any sort of plan or vision for the club, despite having just wrapped up one of the all-time worst seasons in league history.

Beerking repped this.
  21. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Maybe he's on a scouting trip.

22. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    maybe he's dancing the night away in Ibiza, who knows?

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Jesse will feel right at home there. As there are many expatriates living on the island, English, French, German and Italian are spoken there daily. I’m sure he will fit in and Ma ybe even find some players too?

24. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I don't know of any public announcements after the press conference which introduced Almeyda. However, the GM has been in regular contact (in person and by phone) with the new coach since that time mapping out preseason plans together. Jesse takes very little time off.

25. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Maybe I know. :)

Quakes05 repped this.