The Official Guram Kashia Thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Beckham7, Jun 14, 2018.

1. SeaJayBee

SeaJayBee Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Saratoga
    It's on the list, right after Canada.

don gagliardi repped this.
  2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    He also wrongly credited Doyle with the Cummings signing, as Socarchist wrote. He was a Leitch / Dom signing. I think those two may have also got things started with Urena, Hyka, and Hoesen. Not sure about Flo.

4. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Life imitates art. :)

5. davez

davez Member+

Aug 10, 2000
    Mountain View, CA
    No more references to "Fake News" is acceptable... Period.

markmcf8 and Earthshaker repped this.
  6. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    BTW outside of Atlanta United we are now officially the most Georgian team in MLS.

markmcf8 and Earthshaker repped this.
  7. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Sue me.

8. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe your FO source is feeding you a line of BS. I find it surprising and suspect that our pursuit of Kashia managed to be under the radar for so long.

Socarchist repped this.
  9. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Always possible, but I don't think so. I have second source that told me months ago, before the season went south, that the Quakes would be bringing in a CB during the summer transfer window.

NedZ, Beckham7 and SeaJayBee repped this.
  10. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    This reminds me when Seattle brought in Lodeiro during the summer transfer window in 2016. It was generally assumed that the Sounders' horrid start to that point prompted the Lodeiro signing along with the firing of Sigi Schmid. But it later turned out that Schmid is the one who had initiated pursuit of Lodeiro and that he had done so since before the season started.

11. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you're saying there a chance we fire Stahre to complete the Seattle analogy?

markmcf8, alexiskool1991, davez and 2 others repped this.
  12. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Are you saying there's a chance the Quakes win MLS Cup this season without scoring a goal in the final? :)

soccer_fan311 repped this.
  13. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

As someone who follows MLS closely, this is just false. Or "FAKE NEWS" as some uninformed/delusional ***** who believe they're stable geniuses may be known to say...

The Lodeiro signing did not come in response to a horrid start and certainly not prompted by the firing of Sigi Schmid, and anyone who assumed that was simply not paying attention. Those who follow MLS outside of their own team (so not 98% of the aging boomers on this board) knew this was in the works for many months.

Lodeiro was regularly and consistently linked to Seattle since April:

April 20
    Garth's Most Wanted: South American Targets

May 18
    Is Boca Juniors midfielder the playmaker SFC seek?

May 20
    Nicolas Lodeiro is a 'player we like', Hanauer says

May 21
    Lodeiro deal won't be before his Copa Lib run ends

May 23
    Report: Sounders offer Lodeiro four-year contract

May 25
    Boca Juniors want more than Sounders' $7M transfer offer

June 7
    Don't close book on Sounders' pursuit of Lodeiro

Lodeiro actually signed with Seattle on July 27:

July 27
    Nicolas Lodeiro officially joins Sounders

Lodeiro signed on July 27. NO ONE who actually reads the news instead of dismissing everything as fake news could possibly believe that Sigi Schmid had not been involved in the pursuit of Lodeiro, given that Schmid was fired just three days before Lodeiro signed, on July 24, whereas the Sounders were known to have targeted Lodeiro since at least April.
    Who are these people "generally assuming" the opposite despite dozens of news stories, can you name them or provide links, or is that just a straw man?

On the other hand, when was the first rumor linking Kashia to the Quakes? If there's anything from over a week ago anywhere out there on the internet (whether a new story or just some random person's comment), feel free to link it, just like I provided links for Lodeiro.

Barring any new sources, here's what I see:

Kashia linked to Earthquakes: June 9

Kashia signed by Earthquakes: June 14

So for Kashia it's June 9 to June 14 (unless you can provide any links from earlier than the 9th), that's 6 DAYS. For Lodeiro it's April 20 to July 27, that's 3 MONTHS AND 7 DAYS.
    On what basis are you comparing the two situations, and what about one "reminds you" of the other?

[​IMG]

lazlo325, RocktheCasbah4 and Socarchist repped this.
  14. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Agreed. Yet, I recall this being discussed on Big Soccer in the aftermath of the signing, and on this board. Do your own research.

15. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay so some uninformed old dude on Big Soccer made a false statement that they didn't back up with any evidence, that's nothing new. I see it all the time.

Any response to this?

16. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

As I have already mentioned, I was told months ago by a reliable inside source that a CB would be signed in the summer transfer window. I was told that this would be a major signing. The fact that I and Quakes management can keep a secret, whereas evidently the same cannot be said of Seattle, in no way belies the truth of what I'm saying.

The Kashia signing has been in the works for a long time. You can believe me or you can believe the Mercury News. The choice is yours.

SeaJayBee repped this.
  17. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You misread the statement you emphasized... Don had written, in short form, exactly the point you tried to make.

18. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    (Whistle)

It's a long time since I've had to move posts to the recycle bin. And on this thread, go figure. You guys know better!

19. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You took this line from Don's post:

That underlined italicized part is stating the same point you made...

20. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    Someone respected on the board comes in and says calmly and politely what they heard first person from someone with the Quakes (i.e. news, albeit not attributed) and you come in hot, calling everyone but yourself and some anointed 2% "delusional, uninformed, aging boomers" and you hope the mods are going to come and defend you?

SeaJayBee repped this.
  21. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only if we fire Stahre :)

markmcf8 repped this.
  22. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Guys, if you have this much free time, go watch ESP-POR and enjoy some real soccer.

markmcf8 repped this.
  23. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So one person says "f*ck you" to the other and calls them "a prick" and the solution is to delete both people's comments?

Is that how Big Soccer's policies dictate such a situation should be handled by the mods? Can you post the site's rules, or direct me to someone I can ask about this?

So really I made a mistake by not hurling personal abuse at another member, as the consequence for doing so is exactly the same as for having personal abuse directed at you?

24. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I invite anyone with similar questions to click Terms and Rules below. Excerpted:

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.

All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members...We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.

We mods are volunteers; we have all been doing this for a while. As I said above, it's been a while since the discussion got out of hand (the post-Portland brouhaha comes to mind) but still, you guys should know better than to engage in name-calling and casting aspersions.

25. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #50 xbhaskarx, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    It was believed that the earth was flat until we sent up satellites and took photos from above and it turned out that the earth was spherical all along. Wait what evidence is there that people believed the earth was flat before that? Well a few dumb***es on some Astronomy forum said the earth was flat, I'm not going to link to it though, do your own research! ​

I don't think you understand. My point is that the vast majority of people accepted this as fact. It was not in dispute. It's not some revelation, that "later turned out" (to quote directly). One or two people (supposedly, we don't even have any links for that) can believe anything, but the vast majority of MLS fans and Sounders fans know Sigi Schmid was involved because the deal had been very publicly being worked on for months. And there are dozens of news articles supporting that. It certainly didn't happen in the three days between Sigi getting fired and Lodeiro signing. My assertion was that is not a point that is in dispute by reasonably informed non-clueless people. I never said any specific person here believed that, so "Y is stating the same point you made" is irrelevant. But Y is stating that this was some commonly held opinion, and I have seen no evidence that it ever was.

And again, if anyone can provide anything linking Kashia to the Quakes from over a week ago, please do so. And to make that about "I can keep a secret" is laughable, did anyone say months ago "I can't get into specifics but the team may be in the process of bringing in an unnamed high level defender to shore up the back line but I don't want to reveal more than that" or anything along those lines? Again, feel free to link to it if they did.

Your reading comprehension may need some work, or you don't really follow the news (not calling you "uninformed" but...). Some of that was vaguely directed to a certain individual (I would have thought the clues were pretty obvious, and yet here we are) who most certainly does not post on BigSoccer, and therefore I can whatever opinion I want about them (otherwise where is the line drawn, can people not say that they think Stahre is a terrible coach, or Jesse "Fraudinelli" or X player sucks?).

I didn't personally attack anyone on this site directly, I said that anyone who thinks Sigi Schmid wasn't involved in the Lodeiro deal is clueless, and someone assumed I was talking about them, which doesn't even make sense as they never said they believed that, just that other people did. In any case of I were to say "you'd have to be stupid to believe a defender from the Swedish second division is the answer to our problems" you can't take that as a personal attack, "Hey I'm a big Qwiberg fan and you just called me stupid!!" Sorry, that was not an attack directed at anyone here specifically, it was a statement of opinion. On the other hand, directly telling someone else on this forum "f*ck you" and calling them "a prick" I'm guessing is against the site's rules.