The Official Fabio Coentrao to Real Mendes.....Errr....Madrid Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

LOL

Coentrao injured himself again and will be out for more than a month, I still don't understand how some people rather have a glass LB as a backup over a decent backup that we can count on to be fit.

2. Vocalz

Vocalz ManUtd! SLB! Pt!

Dec 31, 2005
    California
    You say that like marcelo hasn't been a pretty brittle player himself.

3. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Marcelo had his fair share of injuries but Coentrao takes one step and is out for a month, Coentrao will likely miss the entire preseason so who knows what form he will be in when the season starts. I like Coentrao, I really do but we need to have a healthy reliable backup in case Marcelo goes down.

4. Vocalz

Vocalz ManUtd! SLB! Pt!

Dec 31, 2005
    California
    Definitely not saying your wrong there. And I wouldn't be surprised if his injuries are more due to him not following his proper recoup regimes either. Just wanted to put it out there that over the last couple of seasons Marcelo has been looking a little injury prone as well.

sleepyvato50 repped this.
  5. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That is what scares the most, we have two great left backs that have struggled to stay fit, I don't even want to imagine both of them going down in the most important part of the season and having to rely on Arbeloa to hold down the fort at the left back position(love him but he's not the same player from a couple years ago).

6. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And water is wet. What else is new.

7. Vocalz

Vocalz ManUtd! SLB! Pt!

Dec 31, 2005
    California
    It really does seem to come with the territory of players that are expected to cover that much space. I believe modern wingbacks probably put in the most mileage of anybody on the pitch they have to run all the way down to their own endline and do backup cover duty for out of position CBs, and then they also have to offer support to the wingers on attack, this shift to those players getting so much mileage in the modern game is why I think we see guys who have the talent to do that as well marcelo and fabio do get injured a ton more. It's just statistically way more probable.

sleepyvato50 repped this.
  8. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I'd be surprised if Coentrao IS NOT injured.

MerlinRM repped this.
  9. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  10. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Holding on to him is just stupid at this point, he's a card magnet when he plays and far too often he's injured and coming back just in time to go on national team duty and boom injured again. No thanks, never showed his potential here.

Aimar 21 and sleepyvato50 repped this.
  11. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Man, try and send in a bid for Gaya from Valencia.. See what happens..

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He just extended his contract.

13. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A Zidane or Pavon as a replacement?...me thinks a Pavon the way this summer is going o_O:p

14. HankyPanky

HankyPanky Red Card

Aug 28, 2014
    Sometimes I forget he is on our team.

Was he even at La Decima celebration? I don't remember if he was there. The man disappears and comes back without notice.

15. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With the whole GK mess, Ramos situation, and the back up striker are not sorted out yet, I'm afraid we will be "surprised" that we ran out of time so we'll probably have to go through the usual Marcelo fit > Coentrao injured and vice versa for another season.

16. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We should have gotten rid of him when we had the chance and he was talking about playing for United. What team would buy him now?

Marca was saying how the club wanted to keep tabs on Abner from Castilla and eventually bring him up to the first team next summer. He'll be going along with the 1st team to the Australia tour. It'll be a good chance for him to impress Benitez and hopefully become a useful option this season. Very talented but a troubling history of ACL injuries, 2 to be exact in 2 yrs.

17. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We did, and tried to get that Siqueira, but everything fell "at last minute". That's why I prefer we finish our business early, which is something I'm not optimistic about.

18. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Abner is a RB though, right?

19. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No LB. Was being hailed as the next Roberto Carlos by Marca after we signed him same way the other Brazilian LB we have was called lmao.

Akramzizou repped this.
  20. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well he is off to Monaco on loan, hopefully he doesn't get injured on the way there and they send him back to us.

:p

yoanaidarov repped this.
  21. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nah, he's gone. I like him as a player, but he was never really committed. Lets just pay Gaya's buyout clause and get over with it.

22. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hoped for a better offer than a loan then 15m in next season, but I guess it's tough to negotiate for a player with Coentrao's fitness history.

23. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A huge disappointment for me in his time with Madrid. He had a few bright spots and match runs, but it really never clicked. His attitude seems kinda poor, and his penchant for raising up his arms in the box, begging for a handball will forever baffle me. As mentioned above, I just don't know if he was ever fully committed. Seems like a NT first kinda dude. I expected so much after following him at Benfica, but it's all been quite underwhelming. Oh well.

RMSocrates, Aimar 21 and MerlinRM repped this.
  24. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Will never forget this moment:

[​IMG]

lol

-Reivax-, RMSocrates, euon and 4 others repped this.
  25. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'll wait until he actually passes the medical to say good bye.

But I agree with everyone who says he was a disappointment. The talent is clearly there but that ethic was never going to take him far.