The official all encompassing Rep Discussion Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Manolo, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    By disabling reputation, you are taking away an important aspect of the bigsoccer community. An aspect that involves interacting with other posters by rewarding them with positive contributions, or why not, also letting them know they are doing something wrong by neg-repping them.

I have seen many instances where newbies give a 180 degree turn in the positive direction just by the rep system alone. It gives them something to look forward to. I hardly believe "direct feedback" will have the same effect. We already have feedback via guestbook, visitor messages, and PM's.

2. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Re: Hey, Huss! Let’s talk about reputation.

Why does it matter how the users at bigsoccer want to use the rep system if its not that serious? So, I'm confused again. Is it serious or not?

3. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    We haven't disabled rep.

4. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Raizen again."

And everyone else that I've tried to rep other than newbies like yourself :)

5. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    So apparently rep is back on, but I've received rep since it was turned back on and it's still shows up grey and my points aren't going up.

I know that grey cards are because the people trying to rep you don't have enough points to dole out. But if everyone is starting at zero, then nobody has any points to rep out anyway.

I'm confused.

6. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Repped.

7. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I like the no-points based system. I like being able to keep the feedback, which for me, was far more important than the silly green nipples.

But the waiting ... Good lord. If people are only posting comments, and no points are coming out of it, then what's the point of having such a long wait in between comments to the same poster?

Just curious.

8. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You really want to give people the ability to fill up your rep section with a bunch of comments by themselves? Either positive or negative that kind of defeats the purpose. And it would be ridiculous in areas of the board like WR.

9. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Now that explains all the funny looks when I was interviewing for jobs and included my last 20 rep comments as part of my portfolio.

10. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So...I still get rep comments, but no points, which is fine.

But now for some reason no matter who I try to give rep to, I get the "you must spread some reputation around before giving it to so and so again," even if it's someone I've never given rep to before.

I don't care about getting points. If someone likes something I post, whatever. But I would like to be able to do the same to others. Just to be neighborly. But I can't.

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It has become neartly impossible to rep regualrs on the BvB/Germany boards for example as we are so few...I find I have to give out rep at the Bayern boards. :rolleyes:

Will have to give out more of those freebie reps at the NSR threads just to be able to rep good posters.

12. braulio

braulio New Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Louisiana
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

same happening on BSMex boards. bring back the old ways

13. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yea

on the flip side, I think I made new friends since I started repping them randomly :D so I could rep the bsMex posters that deserve the rep

14. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    Yeah, but now the rep you had given me was cut down. I had gotten 77 points from three reps. It's now been cut down to 5.

Oh, and I can't rep anyone at all. I get the "You must spread rep....." message everysingle time.

15. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    I stil get some gray nipples/cards instead of green from posters that have been members for years, definitely not newbies :)

16. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Epic fail for the rep system.

[​IMG]

You can't rep anyone with this new system, due to the "You must spread 'em around" message, and, consequently, you can't send anyone "direct" feedback.

17. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "Must spread..."

18. braulio

braulio New Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Louisiana
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

you have to hit between 30-60 other people before you can rep someone again --- that was where random acts of rep came in.

rep a bunch of people, then you can rep again.

19. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    I was trying to rep someone that I had never repped before and still got the spread the love message. The system is just completely f'ed up right now.

20. braulio

braulio New Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Louisiana
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    there is also some sort of time component..... yeah, it is f'ed up.

21. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    That has not happened to me yet.

22. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    It used to be 3 days. Now I think it's 9 or 10 days

23. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah the rep system is more useless now then ever for giving a positive feedback for a good post.

24. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA

Thanks for the love gentelmen. I'm going to go out and try and spread some rep again.

25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dude, I don't participate on every single forum here...and I don't believe in simply giving away random rep just so I can get the guys that actually deserve it.