The Official 2019 US Men's Draft Game -- Picks Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by TheFalseNine, Jan 7, 2019.

1. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @zlebmada Melia has already been picked -- you can edit and change your selection.

2. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    ChuckMe92 has been on the clock for over 8 hours. @Kevin8833 is now up.

3. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to select Aaron Herrera of Real Salt Lake as an option for left back. He had his ups and downs last season as a rookie. He's still young and will get regular starting minutes in MLS, so hopefully he has a breakout second year.

1. Pulisic, 2. Mendez, 3. Roldan, 4. Holmes, 5. Palmer-Brown, 6. Glad, 7. Green, 8. Lima, 9. Vazquez, 10. Frei, 11. Herrera

4. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL
    With my 11th pick I select Daniel Lovitz. This was a tough decision, I was torn between him and a centerback that I really like, but I have decided to go with Lovitz and move Ben Sweat inside. My fear was with the centerback I was considering I could see people making a case and maybe rightly so that direct long balls to a physical forward could give me problems. It is likely my team will often have the ball and be in the attacking half, so I want a backline that is capable of playing high up the field, has the mobility and aggressiveness to recover the ball high up the field. Sweat has only played a few games as a CB but the few occassions he has done it, he has done it well and he has all of the tools to be excellent there, he is 6'2, he is experienced, athletic, solid in possession and will have an experienced vet in Opara to help him organize things. Lovitz is a current national teamer that will be a steady and reliable presence on the outside, he and Rosenberry will be unspectacular but solid and steady which is all I feel is needed. I really think I have put together a very strong team, we are highly mobile, highly skillful, and highly dangerous. I believe we will be able to control games, have the majority of the ball and pin teams back into a defensive block because of our attacking threat. If teams press us, we will be able to play somewhat direct to a front three full of pace that will be deadly on the counter, if teams try to sit back on us, we have a midfield with the quality to break down a low block. Here is how my starting lineup looks right now:

Johnson
    Rosenberry Opara Sweat Lovitz
    Feilhaber
    Ibarra Nguyen
    Gall Weah Picault

@thedukeofsoccer it's your turn!

truefan420 repped this.
  5. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    11th rd: Ryan Hollingshead, FB, FC Dallas

He was a rotational player in recent years, because he had a car accident 2 seasons ago, but they've switched managers in winter so now I trust he'll get his just due. As a starter he's been rated as the premier fullback in MLS. He posted an amazing 7.7 rating in 6 starts this season, and still very strong 7.35 in 15 starts in 2016 + 7.39 in 13 starts in 2015.

2-way fb. He can get fw and effect the game as a slasher especially. Or he can hang back and block crosses from not getting beat 1 v. 1 or rotating. As a bonus he's left-footed, although is pretty ambidextrous so can play both sides. If he gets his just due from his manager, in turn he should be getting opportunities over the dross like Sweat and Lovitz who've been receiving the nod w/ the NT instead.

@Lookingforleftbacks tick tock, you're on the clock.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  6. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With my 11th pick I’m going to select Alex Bono of Toronto, mostly because I need to get ready for work and make a quick pick. I also need a GK, and he’s pretty good.

@Matthew Hartman is up

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  7. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @zlebmada you never made your other pick after it was noted you duplicated another one. Whenever you're ready you can make a replacement.

ChuckMe92 and Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  8. Matthew Hartman

United States
    Jun 3, 2017
    With my next pick I'm going to take Jaylin Lindsey. He can play both fullback positions and CB in a pinch, so he should get plenty of minutes in MLS this season. When I look at his game I see a player with the potential.....ahhh who am I kidding, he's an American fullback with two legs. That's enough to get selected here.

[​IMG]
    My team:
    1) Brooks
    2) Dest
    3) Arriola
    4) Ebobisse
    5) Baird
    6) Villafana
    7) Jones
    8) Aaronson
    9) Hamid
    10) Lindsey

@truefan420

9. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nick Hagglund is our next selection. We hope a change of scenery enables him to have a return to big minutes again. He performed well with TFC when he was called upon, we’re excited to see what’s next. @truefan420

@AutoPenalti is up! Thanks for the GDT today!

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  10. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #135 AutoPenalti, Jan 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    ChuckMe92 repped this.
  11. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @IndividualEleven and I are proud to select for our keeper; the iron man....

Luis
    Robles

@jond you’re up.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  13. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With my 11th pick I select Michael Parkhurst of the defending MLS champions ATL United.

[​IMG]

While I've gone young throughout most of my roster I'm picking vets for the defensive backbone and spine. Omar, Parkhurst and Danny Williams offer veteran defensive cover and presence.

Parkhurst also offers passing and calmness on the ball next to Omar which would be needed.

@ShaftBrewer go time

truefan420 and Eleven Bravo repped this.
  14. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. zlebmada

zlebmada Member

United States
    Jan 16, 2018
    I'll take goalkeeper Ryan Meara to replace my erroneous selection of Melia. He's never going to play for the national team but he'd start for a lot of teams in MLS, just stuck behind Robles at RBNY. He'll be a sturdy, veteran presence between the pipes.

------------Sargent-----------
    Llanez----Ledezma----Muyl
    ------Durkin-----Hayes--------
    D. Acosta--Ream--Long--Zusi
    -------------Meara--------------

@CreightonMCFCjoey is still on the clock.

16. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm content with my starting XI so I'm going to have some fun and take Efrain Alvarez with my 12th pick.

@jond

ChuckMe92 and Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  18. CreightonMCFCjoey

Jan 30, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to take Juan Agudelo and Gedion Zelalem. I dont think I can ever quit Zelalem. He's got so much class on the ball that if he can ever put it all together in the right system I think he's an international starter. Not sure he will be able to defend like he needs to. If you slot him into an AM or #10 role it would cover up for his defensive issues. I think he gets a move soon and at 21 his best days are ahead of him.

I still need a #9 and Agudelo is one of two I've been looking at for days. At 26 he still has a future in the MLS and if he can string together some results I don't see how he can't compete with guys like Zardes/Baird/Ramirez for USMNT pool minutes

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  19. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @jond you’re up as of 9am ET.

20. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  21. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @IndividualEleven and I are proud to select with our 12th pick; the man, the myth, the legend....

Jordan Siebatcheu

I can understand why he’s fallen, but c’mon! Currently, Siebatcheu is a top contender for a starting spot for the US at center forward today; and we all know he’s not going to play for France. Without a doubt, he’s the most talented player left in the draft. So, we are thrilled to have him.

We fully expect and hope that he will receive his first cap this year and that the goals will not be too far behind.

@AutoPenalti

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  22. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    truefan420 repped this.
  23. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are very happy to select Aron Jóhannsson. Yes he has injury issues. But when healthy he has a skillset that none of our other strikers possess. He’s two footed, has very good vision, can drop in, play wide or play as a 9 in a possession based side. We’re hoping he gets healthy and returns to Holland to once again light it up.

@Matthew Hartman youre on the clock

24. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m taking Mukwelle Akale since Jesus isn’t eligible.

I’d write more but busy at work

25. Matthew Hartman

United States
    Jun 3, 2017
    With my next pick I'm selecting a player that would have gone #1 overall in the MLS Superdraft this year if it weren't for those pesky HG contracts, DC United CB Donovan Pines. He's good enough to win a starting job in DC at some point this season. Very reminiscent of a young Ike Opara.

[​IMG]

My team:
    1) Brooks
    2) Dest
    3) Arriola
    4) Ebobisse
    5) Baird
    6) Villafana
    7) Jones
    8) Aaronson
    9) Hamid
    10) Lindsey
    11) Pines

@Lookingforleftbacks

ChuckMe92, Eleven Bravo and zlebmada repped this.