The Official 2019 San Jose Earthquakes related Blogs/Press thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Jan 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  2. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Excellent interview and will remind you why you like Bernardez so much. (By the way, if any Ultras are reading this they should definitely watch the interview).

Black and Azul
    This week we interview Víctor Bernárdez, former defender for the Quakes from 2012 to 2017. We talk about his life after retiring from playing, his continued involvement with developing future players, and review his previous playing history in Honduras, at Motagua, and Anderlecht. This episode is hosted by Joel Soria.
    19 minute You tube video at:

mjlee22, SoccerMan94043 and tenfourteen repped this.
  3. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    #128 don gagliardi, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
  4. tvromero

tvromero Member

Jun 2, 2018
    I don't know anything specific about the Ultra's V. FO. I would think if the Earthquakes are concerned about a group of people that are celebratory over a win and maybe a little drunk it would make sense to put some security around the scene just to make sure everyone in the vicinity would be safe. I would also assume that if there are repeat problems then the Ultras would regulate those involved as well.

I don't see any reason why the FO would be against the Ultas as they seem a like a decent group and support the team but it is better to safe than sorry. There might be strict rules around what Avaya security can do and what SJPD can do outside the stadium structure as well.

5. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  6. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Black & Azul Episode 12:
    This week we talk about Cristian Espinoza, the win over FC Cincinnati (who lost their coach), the current form of the Quakes, and what to expect against the New England Revolution. We also will cover football romanticism and touch on the US Open Cup result between Academica and Farolito. This episode is hosted by Joel Soria and Charles Wollin
    31 minute video:

Scott Rohde and don gagliardi repped this.
  7. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got this email from the Quakes. I was wondering why a game between 2 Liga MX teams is an international friendly? So if 2 MLS teams went and played in Azteca outside of the season, that would also be an internatonal friendly?

We have an exclusive presale just for Quakes Season Pass Holders. In 24 hours, you will get first dibs on tickets to see Liga MX powerhouses Cruz Azul and Atlas play each other in an international friendly at Avaya Stadium. Mark your calendars! It will all go down on July 10 at 7:30 p.m.

Make sure you take advantage of this offer when the countdown clock hits zero. You know what to do with the button below. Use code SPHMX.

8. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In my opinion it's not an international friendly, but, this is the Quakes FO you are talking about.

mjlee22 and bsman repped this.
  9. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Black and Azul Episode 13 to be aired Wednesday May 15 at 6:30 PM or 7:30 PST (I’m not clear which) :

This week we talk about Jackson Yueill, the loss against New England Revolution, and gearing up against Chicago Fire. We also will cover the US Open Cup result between El Farolito and Fresno Fuego. This episode is hosted by Joel Soria and Charles Wollin

LongTimeQuakesFan'74 repped this.
  10. due time

due time Member+

Mar 1, 1999
    Santa Clara
    Well, it's certainly a friendly, not a league match. Maybe "domestic friendly at an international location" is more accurate. :)

Of course in the old days we'd call it an 'exhibition match'.

11. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Episode 14:

Welcome to Black and Azul, a weekly podcast series where we discuss the San Jose Earthquakes MLS team. This week we talk about Chris Wondolowski and his new record of 148 career goals in Major League Soccer. We will also host a debate with Jamon Moore of Wondo vs. Hoesen. This episode is hosted by Joel Soria and Charles Wollin

don gagliardi repped this.
  12. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  13. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Episode 15
    Black and Azul, a weekly podcast series where we discuss the San Jose Earthquakes MLS team. This week we talk about the latest match result against Toronto FC and the next game against DC United. We also will cover Wondo's latest goals and performance. This episode is hosted by Joel Soria and Charles Wollin

don gagliardi repped this.
  14. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  15. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The LOTG. Some interesting changes coming.
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48382254
    My favorite change:
    "A player who is being substituted must leave the pitch by the nearest point on the touchline or byeline - unless the referee says he can leave quickly at the halfway line - or elsewhere for safety or injury reasons."

This change is to stop players time-wasting. Any player who "infringes the spirit of this law" will be booked for unsporting behaviour.

Free kicks and walls:
    "When a defending team has three or more players in a wall, the attacking team can no longer place a player in or next to it.

If an attacker is standing within one yard (1m) of the wall when the kick is taken, they will be penalised with an indirect free-kick."

Several other changes as well.

They came into effect June 1st. Anyone know when MLS will adopt them?

16. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

You're way late! @mjlee22 posted these changes months ago. And, regarding your question, Google is your friend. They will be adopted by MLS for the 2020 campaign: https://sbisoccer.com/2019/03/mls-plans-to-implement-global-rule-changes-in-2020

SoccerIsOurLife repped this.
  17. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mjlee22 repped this.
  18. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Me too, because even though I've been a referee almost 30 years, lately I have not been as assiduous in attending the SJSRA meetings or watching the CNRA webcasts as I should.

19. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, the Womens World Cup will be playing under the new laws that take effect on Jun-1-2019. As a result, you will probably see a big difference in goal kicks. The Free kicks may result in 2 lines, where the attackers stand in front of the defenders.

Earthshaker, NedZ and bsman repped this.
  20. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    bigdumbgod and falvo repped this.
  21. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  22. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Black and Azul Episode 18
    ...This week we talk about the upcoming matches against LAFC and Houston Dynamo....

23. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't this special: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/06/24/warshaw-24-takeaways-24-mls-teams-after-week-16

Scott Rohde repped this.
  24. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States