The Official 2019 Korean NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by ChaDuRi671, Dec 31, 2018.

1. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    None of KCH, LJS or HHC should become FBs. I'd rather have a good depth on the attacking positions than robbing those players' strengths by using them wrongly. We've suffered from injury problems for two tournaments in a row...
    I understand the lack of quality on the FB positions but there should be other solutions.

Ice cube, Seol Korea and batumchange2 repped this.
  2. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Like what? I think Kwon Chang-hoon is too good to be a fullback. But Lee Jay-sung is a perfect candidate.

3. taelee1127

taelee1127 Member

South Korea
    Aug 27, 2018
    Italy
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Who ever think either of these players should play full back has down syndrome.

4. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If Park Joo Ho was only few years younger and actually liked by his managers, he would have been the solution at LB.

5. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    But he's not. We don't have any viable fullbacks. As a matter of fact, in the entire history of gookball, we never had any proper fullbacks other than Wipey.

I really like the idea of having Lee Jay-sung as a fullback against AFC. We need someone who can at least cross the damn ball.

6. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    i think he is too dumb to be FB. at the same time, i think he works only in specific role. as wingback, who works the baseline to draw defenders out of position and so forth. he can be poor imitation version of Victor Moses, run up and down the sideline but without the crazy burden to defend (of which, it requires Korea to have Azpilicueta type of FB as CB in 3 back system + Kante to cover for him)

or as wide player, basically the same role as wingback. not much more.. too limited in skills. also, he has a knack for annoying the opposition through some dirty fouls/tricks imo (of which, could also backfire against him)

7. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I never pegged Cha Duri to be the smartest cookie yet RB was his best position.

takeuchi repped this.
  8. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    fair enough, and Hwang HC could be like Cha DR, of which.. didn't Cha DR basically do what I stated above? albeit.. as a RB without being dirty.

9. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Well you know that we have different opinions about HHC, but I agree that he could be a RWB at max.

10. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    PJH did it...so why not?

11. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    Yes and it was Bento's choice to play 1 forward and 5 midfielders against parked buses and to keep direct play to a minimum in favor of building up through the fullbacks this tournament. Just look at how the team was set up all tournament long. He could've tried a bunch of things to counter parked buses - play two or more forwards, play directly more often, make the wingers play wider, play a guy who likes to dribble under pressure as the 10 - but he just didn't. He was content with letting the guys safely pass to the side and to the back until one of the fullbacks could over-hit a cross.

There were plenty of things he could've done to create better chances around the box at the cost of relinquishing some control over the game. Bento instead very deliberately took an extremely risk averse approach this tournament in order to "control games", which seems to be his mantra according to his interviews.

Bento did well in his first few games to direct the team to play quickly out of the back when they win possession. That's always been our bread and butter and Bento was smart to identify that, which is the reason why we played well against teams that gave us space as we could actually attack. But when that goes out the window against teams that are prepared for it, Bento doesn't have an answer. Our offense was completely stagnant this tournament. We're good when the other team doesn't allow us to take control of the game and feed us opportunities to counter. But when we actually do take control of the game and are given the reins, we have no idea what to do with possession other than to keep it meaninglessly. That's the problem. Bento has no idea what to do when we actually take control of the game, like a dog chasing cars... That's a bit worrying. He's going to run into a lot of problems against Asian teams and won't last very long if he doesn't get this fixed.

chook90 repped this.
  12. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I know you like to joke often, but this.....

[​IMG]

killaorca repped this.
  13. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You forgot NTH, O.J. Suk, and LBY

14. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    When was the last time LBY featured for the NT? I don't remember, it's been the KSG-KJH-JHW trifecta for a while now.

15. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    When LBY returns from injury and raise his form at Jeonbuk, he might offer a viable competitor for the GK position along with Yang Han Been, Kang Hyun Moo, Kim Roman, and Koo Bon Sang.

Tagline repped this.
  16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I wonder with Lee Kangin, where we're going to put Lee Seungwoo?
    I'm not a fan of Lee Seungwoo playing winger, and I want to see Jeong Wooyeong or Um Wonsang playing as winger cus they got speed (especially Um Wonsang).

17. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Striker next to Hwang Eui Jo in a 4-4-2. Son in left midfield, KCH in right midfield, Lee Kang In next to ??? in DM.

18. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    so I've noticed your'e the #1 um wonsang fanboy on bsk LOL
    now I absolutely love the guy too, and i think he's one of the top attacking prospects we've had in recent memory, but sadly, the fact is that unless he escapes HS/uni he's also going to rot in purgatory like the other million youth talents we've seen (Lim Minhyeok, Kim Junghwan, Lee Dongjun, the CB at Ulsan who i had very high hopes for, etc). Even the ones that got lucky (Cho YW / Jeon SJ) don't look like they'll move to europe or get KNT callups anytime soon (and I think UWS is a better player than all of them)

19. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LKI would completely go to waste with any defensive responsibilities. in a 4-4-2 he should be out right imo. But with a guy like him around we should have him as a #10. He's the only goddamn real #10 we've ever had (not counting KBK .. what a sad case)
    The guy who would thrive as a CM in a 442 is BSH

20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    He just signed with Gwangju.

21. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    man what's with all the youngsters signing for Gwangju..
    Either way the dude needs to escape the K League if he's gonna hit his full potential... to which idk if he will
    Relying mostly on speed works in youth games.. not so much at senior levels

chook90 and sac517 repped this.
  22. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Well if he plays well in U20 world cup, who knows.
    Just letting you know he's the fastest player in u-league.

23. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #348 gunitinug, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    more and more japanese players are going to europe[from j-league to europe], while our players go to china to play. in short term, japan is stronger but we have a symbiotic relationship with china. if chinese top-tier league improves in quality, our players will be better too. when this happens, the chinese NT will be better.

not sure really. japanese players play in japan or europe. our players play in korea or japan or china then..... europe.

our coaches work for teams in korea or china or SE asia. i wouldn't mind vietnamese player in k-league 1 such as quang hai. there are no japanese coach who work in china or SE asia[think of winning against a j-league side with a goal from a vietnamese player].

and, japanese have domestic coach who leads their A team, and with much success.

bento needs time to build his team. not sure how future will hold for korea or china or japan. as this trend continues, china will improve a lot in the future.

24. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wait what, am I reading this correctly? galaxy s7 bot, your firmware or overall system seems to be corrupted. Did Huawei or Xiaomi secretly embed a chip into you or what, because you're talking all gibberish.

jinseokyang repped this.
  25. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    KSY's dad is at Gwangju.

Seol Korea repped this.