The Official 2019 AFC Asian Cup UAE Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Persepolis#8

Persepolis#8 Member

Manchester United/Persepolis
    Dec 19, 2018
    Why would you say anything negative about the country and not the team?

I think both China and Qatar games are true tests of whether Iran/South Korea deserve to be title contenders.

2. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    china is old immobile not disciplined. iran will have no problem. qatar is young mobile disciplined different story

chook90 repped this.
  3. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Qatar > China.
    China won't beat Saudi Arabia, let's be real.

4. beetleking66

beetleking66 Member

liverpool
    Iraq
    Jan 18, 2019
    I think we did good against Qatar because we played the game without 4 vital injured players..

5. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card

Nov 30, 2018
    This is looking a lot more realistic now

[​IMG]

chook90, Asimovfan and jessypjs repped this.
  6. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    moving forward china will be a much bigger threat to koreas well being whether it be politics economics or welfare. many would argue they are already there. eventually japan and korea will have to come to terms and look to work together. itd help fast track the process if japan wasnt so backwards though. their unwillingness to tackle societal issues and objection to their no longer a superpower country reality are holding everyone back including themselves

Mudang and PacMan over again repped this.
  7. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    Then why would you guys say anything about the penis sizes of Koreans? even after I showed a medical journal where Iranians are measured to be even smaller there.

PacMan over again repped this.
  8. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Ah we're ********ed against Qatar.... :(

9. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Friendly advice use ignore option. We have no history of bad blood with Koreans, Japanese, and Aussies.

nmssis repped this.
  10. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    Son will play better against Qatar. Likewise LSW. But that won't be enough. LCY ruined this AC. If someone died in his family I would understand but this is comical.

11. jk1802

jk1802 Member

Jan 22, 2010
    NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yes and no. china is def a threat but the US don't want that sort of influence from China in asia and across the world, and will resist such a takeover. it's already happening through trump and the trade war (not that i condone him)

i just hope 공한증 continues in soccer :)

12. Persepolis#8

Persepolis#8 Member

Manchester United/Persepolis
    Dec 19, 2018
    After playing Qatar maybe 1000x in the last 10 years, I can tell you that Qatar's best player is suspended for the game and so is their "Ngolo Kante".. both Sudanese btw.

As long as Korea doesn't give any penalties to Akram Afif's Oscar-worthy dives or any cheap set piece goals, you guys have this.

jessypjs and PacMan over again repped this.
  13. PacMan over again

South Korea
    Mar 4, 2018
    I was about to say, those Africans in Qatar NT are they born and bred in Qatar or bought youth talent?

14. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Our key liability RB Lee Yong isn't out, so that's not good for us.

Seol Korea and jinseokyang repped this.
  15. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    australia still in the game

16. Asimovfan

Asimovfan Member

Esteghlal
    Iran
    Jun 15, 2018
    loool
    my Vietnamese friend FB messaged me that last week and I talked so much shit about Xavi. He's got Iran/China right, Iran/Japan (likely) and if Korea shits the bed.... (hopefully not, I don't want the UN national team anywhere near the top).

17. Asimovfan

Asimovfan Member

Esteghlal
    Iran
    Jun 15, 2018
    They're claiming that a lot of them are Qatari, but it's almost certainly nonsense. They've been importing African kids for two decades now. They hide behind the fact that some of these players have Arab names too, but if you dig deep you realize they're Iraqis, Egyptians, Jordanians, Saudis etc. When your goali has to communicate with the defense in English, you know something ********y is going on.

jessypjs and PacMan over again repped this.
  18. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #868 gunitinug, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    we can't beat qatar??? nah also aus won't beat uae

19. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    start LSW vs qatar

wrecklesssoldier repped this.
  20. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Conspiracy: the ball is overly inflated and grass extremely watered for a high, rapid and random ball trajectory which definitely benefits some teams (counter attacking arabic teams) rather than others. There are so many high bounces and horrible touches by players across the whole competition, even by the JNT which always displays wonderful touches. The grass part was conveyed by STY as well.

21. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Of course they'll do everything for the sake of their advantages. I'm sick of this grassrolling teams advancing in the tournament. They are here just to destroy the beauty of football. As a fan of this sport, it's very frustrating to watch them play tbh.

22. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yesterday it was obvious our players had a difficult time predicting how the ball will bounce and our defenders couldnt pick out the timing for clearances. I dont think our players just randomly went full retard mode yesterday. The players have been fully capable of making quick clearances in previous matches, but yesterday there were a lot of times they would hesitate for easy clearances.

23. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    As far as grassrolling goes, Iran do that a lot too. It is just that currently there is no AFC team strong enough to force Iran to do it. If the new generation of Korean players mature as scheduled and KCH and others recover from injuries, Iran may revert back to that playing style when playing against Korea and we all know how good they are at it as seen from the last world cup. But in bigsoccer we are not supposed to call it grassrolling because of the supermod you-know-who.

24. Asimovfan

Asimovfan Member

Esteghlal
    Iran
    Jun 15, 2018
    Of course Korea can... I said if. I haven't watched a single Africa 11 game this time around so I have no idea how they're getting results.

25. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Moderator
    Staff Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'm not aware of any mod threatening a yellow card for going off topic.

Yasukuni_God is banned from the Korean forums.

Fector is banned. His other accounts are Justamoment and YellowPanther.

jessypjs, 10August2012 and 12th Player repped this.