The Official 2017 Korea NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    #2351 The Hyphen, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    really wish that one day we are good enough to where we dont have so many cockamamie wish lists for the 1st GROUP that mean absolutely nothing in the scheme of things.

"Lets come up with a list of shit teams to play so we can extend our life into the 2nd group"

Real cabrons just go into the tournament with their heads down basically. Maybe I get too caught up in the rhetoric. I mean Id be fine if the topic discussion was "who are the shittiest teams in the tournament besides us" but this "I hope we get this team in our group" is such bollocks.

2. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    But the reality is, we suck. I want to see us advance past the group stages. So yeah, I'm going to hope for sh*te teams in the group.

3. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    #2353 The Hyphen, Nov 30, 2017
    well I know we suck....but the pining for sucky teams in our group is rather pathetic in my view and makes it seem even worse. it feels like a bunch of guys going thru a Victoria secret catalog with everyone picking fantasy teams of angels. except in our case people are doing the polar opposite hoping for the worse to be the best case scenario. scraping the bottom of the barrel if you will. its all pointless and demeaning.

id rather be a sucky team that gets torched early than a sucky team thats overachieving because of lucky breaks and own goals. we've done that before way too many times here.

lets all be very honest with ourselves here. this is a shitty team we have here.

4. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    We are not going anywhere with this defense bottom line. It may look ok here and there in friendlies leading up to the tournament but when it comes to real games against physical tall teams, we are going to get exposed over and over again ala Belgium last tourney.

5. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #2355 Ceres, Nov 30, 2017
    In my opinion, one of the absolute key factors that matters in a WC tournament is the players ability and experience playing abroad ... which is why England never impress in big tournaments, because their players have no experience living and playing abroad,..

Iceland is the smallest country ever to qualify for a WC, so they do not really have all that many players to pick from, but when you look at the present Icelandic squad, they are all playing abroad and Iceland have won 2 out of 3 of their away games in the WC qualifiers this year, one of then being a 3-0 victory in Turkey and they also did well at the Euro finals. So if i were you, I would not wish for Iceland, but rather for Sweden that only have won 1 out of 4 of their away games in the WC qualifiers this year... Sweden are not all that good away from home, probably because too many of their players and recent call-up's are playing in Sweden and Scandinavia, while several of their foreign based players are not really regular starters, which obviously is also a very important factor.

Including the play-off's against Ireland, Denmark has won 4 out of 5 of their away games in the WC qualifiers in 2017 ... and when you look at the Danish squad and also the recent call-up's and most talented players next in line outside the squad, it's a parade of foreign based players....

The problem Denmark face when trying to qualify for the big tournaments is not the quality of players, but a demanding attacking minded style of play that takes time to get right when the team is in a rebuilding stage .. it would probably be much easier just trying to get result by counter attacking and hoofing the ball upfield, like other Norther European teams mainly do, but that is just not the Danish style of play neither at youth or senior NT level ... on the other hand, when the rebuilding stage is over and Denmark manage to qualify, they then also usually manage to get out of the group stage and impress while doing so ..

6. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    you mean algeria, we were actually good against belgium

7. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Losing to a ten men Belgium B-team is good?

8. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    we had equal shots, Son hit the post, couple of headers could have gone in. Yeah they had ten men and were basically playing a B team but the poster was clearly referencing Algeria where we were literally a dumpster fire.

Belgium by comparison was at least watchable, and there was hope during the match that we could nick it.

9. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
  10. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht

11. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    Interesting, there were articles during the 2017 World Cup where opposing managers/players singled him out as our most impressive player. He's got big size, I'd like to see him be more aggressive.

Jeonbuk is a good place considering 3/4 of our backline are there, he could develop a good understanding with them.

12. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Argentina are in worse shape than Poland currently, and also don't feature overly tall players, which is a bonus since Korea suffers on defensive set pieces sometimes. Iceland don't enjoy being favorites against someone, and do best when they can simply go defensive. They are highly reliant on aerial play, though.

13. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Group F ... Germany, Mexico, Sweden and Korea

14. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I was desperately wishing for Group H. Lucky Japan. We are screwed.

killaorca repped this.
  15. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    Do your best. Bring it on.

killaorca repped this.
  16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    probably the best attitude we can have at this point.

Also everyone seems to underestimate us so it'll be different. In the previous WC we were in a rather easy group perception wise and people had higher expectation. I think this time around We're the clear underdog so it'll have a different feel.

17. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I can live with that. Now we are clear outsiders.
    We need to accept our fate and play as challengers instead of trying to reach the round of 16. Also, the biggest chance we have is against Sweden which is the first game. If we somehow manage to win it, the situation will be different. To play against Germany in the last game was the best that could happen under these group result. Either Germany wins the first games and let play a b team against us (who are probably able to tear us apart as well) or we have no chances and can play with no pressure. And if Germany struggles in the first two games, they'll be most vulnerable.

killaorca repped this.
  18. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    When it comes to Germany they beat their first team 4-0, do bad against the second team (tie or a loss) and do ok in the third 1-0 win.

19. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The positive is that the media is not over-hyping things unlike they had done in the past.

It is still laughable how they treated Algeria as the pushover back in 2014.

Ice cube and killaorca repped this.
  20. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #2370 Seol Korea, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    If you want to be at the World Stage, then you have to be with and play against the best. I'm tired of the panic-stricken attitude that we always have to avoid [Insert team here] at the WC.

Angel Bear, Hodori, 10August2012 and 3 others repped this.
  21. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hilarious. Do you know what happen to players like HJH? There are tons of guys like him who had offers but went over there to play for the money and look where they are now. Unseen, unwanted, fans back home couldn't give a ******** about them now. If the issue here is about LIVELIHOOD and MONEY, then why would they become professional athletes in the first place? If they are playing for the money, then fine, I have no qualms about it. End of discussion.

But the issue here pertains to DEVELOPMENT.

22. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I already answered your damn fking question about why they became professional footballers, you one dumb motherfker. Jesus christ i given you answers like three times to every single one of your retarded questions. READ you blind idiot boy.

And hjh flamed out in germany. He had little to no prospects in europe anymore. What offers are you talking about? Show some sources. And he spent few years in germany anyways and still sucked for us.

23. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    My worry with this schedule is that I've heard past German teams struggling in their 2nd group stage match, where the third match becomes a must win for them.

24. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  25. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    DHMGKorea, nmssis, Hodori and 3 others repped this.