The Official 2017 Korea NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Nothing as of yet. We'll most likely hear something tomorrow or within the upcoming week as the idiots should be getting ready to appoint the new Technical Director before the end of the month, otherwise it will be more wasted time (As they've already wasted too much time).

At the same time, the senile one still hasn't left Korea nor has he given his final interview as he's just waiting to collect his check.

nmssis and killaorca repped this.
  2. DHMGKorea

DHMGKorea Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Oct 11, 2016
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kim Ho-Gon was named the new Technical Director... meaning it's pretty much gonna be Huh Jung-Moo again.

3. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    #1028 Steven511, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    Oh for pete's sake, just put on a Spain/France jersey why don't you? That may seem harsh but this is the sad reality of our fans. When we win the Asian Cup we should have streets full of Koreans for the trophy parade. That's our tournament, our continent, our own history to write. Do you think European teams care if there were bad teams in their tournament. Winning the tournament brings prestige and honor. Unfortunately, we always compare ourselves to Western countries and look for their approval. The Asian cup should mean something to us, bring us emotion/memories and people around the continent/country should be taking as much pride in it as possible.

When people say they like football, they really mean they like watching brands like the EPL/CL/WC/Euros. Football in Thailand isn't football in Europe. No one that's not from Stoke decides to follow Stoke FC, but people from America/Asia/wherever don't seem to have a problem following RM/BAR/EPL team as if they were from the area. They jump up and down, follow the team, go to watch parties as if they were born in Madrid/Barcelona/etc. This is considered normal/ok but for NTs people root for their ethnic/national countries or one that they have a personal connection to. It's much harder for fans to just root for a good NT just because they were good whereas they have no problem doing it for a club team.

People generally support a club that will experience the full specter of the sport: capable of winning, being involved in the big transfers, being a "big" club. People want to support winners, and they want to feel that emotion. They then turn to their NT and expect to experience the same emotion/feeling of being involved in the "big" matches. When that never happens it inevitable turns to frustration, "we're doing something wrong". Try supporting Crystal Palace/Bilbao/etc., every year they're never really involved with the big teams. That's essentially what it is like to support Korea.

Conclusion: It's up to us as Koreans/Asians to create excitement, memories, history for the Asian cup. If it means nothing to us then it will always remain a joke, no one will care. Kids growing up in the country won't care, won't talk about it at school. But every 4 years Koreans/Asians/non Europeans will hope that a miracle will happen and they'll make it far in the real tournament, the WC. Unfortunately most don't realize it's a long process to get to that point for a football country/culture.

wetcrispy and DHMGKorea repped this.
  4. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    KFA should host a farewell party for him

5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm pretty certain he's having a blast with his butt buddy Carlos while waiting for their checks.

chook90 repped this.
  6. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Whether or not I care about something is my prerogative. It's not my job as a fan, or as a person for that matter, to have to care about something. You care about the Asian Cup. That's great. It's not my place to tell you whether you're "right" for doing so. There are plenty of good reasons either way, but at the end it's a personal decision. Hilarious of you to imply I'm a bandwagon-jumper when I support one of the worst top-flight clubs in Korea.

And somehow with that entire wall of nonsense you missed the point of my original post. But nah, keep on telling me about how I know nothing about being a fan of Korea :rolleyes:

Hodori, 10August2012, DHMGKorea and 2 others repped this.
  7. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    Never said you weren't a fan, but you might find it more enjoyable to support a European team. Korea is unlikely to ever reach a level that seems to pass your "care" threshold. It's not even that I'm trying to attack you or tell you how to think, not the case at all.

It's more of a general response to those that take every chance to blame Korea's football culture for the NT's performance when they themselves contribute to the foundations of it. The oxymoron of the non European/South American football fan.

8. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    The sock pot banging is getting rather loud... :ROFLMAO:

9. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If telling me to put on a European shirt (twice) is not telling me what to do or think, I don't know what is. Not to mention that the original post, and most posts I've written, made zero references to Korean football culture.

You seem to have this misguided notion that I don't care about the Asian Cup solely because the teams are shite, and you've taken it upon yourself to enlighten me as I wallow in my ignorant fandom. If you stopped and maybe tried thinking for a moment, would you not realize that if that was my sole criteria for "caring", I would've stopped supporting the KNT a long time ago? That I wouldn't bother sticking around for WCQ? That I would've stopped supporting a Korean club in a Korean league, both of which are getting worse and worse? Or that if all I wanted was to watch quality football, I would've switched over to solely watching European football a while ago?

Btw, you never directly said I wasn't a fan, but you seem to have forgotten that you wrote two condescending paragraphs in which you lecture me on what it feels like to be a fan of Korea. I know what it feels like to be a fan of Korea. That's because I am a fan of Korea.

Do you not see how ridiculous you sound?

10. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    I never meant that you would stop supporting anything. We both are on a message board dedicated to this, so we're obviously more emotionally/mentally invested in this than your average flag waving Joe.

When you hear SA players like Messi,Tevez,Neymar,anyone they all want to go back to their country and play for their club team. They aren't doing it for the money. Winning those titles that you/I think is worthless still means something to them. The fans care and thus the players feel important/valued. Who's to say the EPL means more than the Argentinian cup? Meaning is given to trophies because we as fans give them meaning.

The ManU/RM testimonials are not important but seeing a packed stadium is important for the image. Imagine playing in one of those with no fans like the Barca one. Those guys probably felt embarrased, now no one is forcing anyone to watch but it's the same concept in my mind, you may disagree.

The players leave their club for a month in Jan, who knows what could happen during that time. All I'm saying is that to say it doesn't matter, ok then what does? Just the WC? No one remembers how anyone played a couple of days after a match. They just remember who won.

Korea NT will never progress to where they'll "playing good" in a WC tournament, If they do improve marginally the other top 20 teams in the world will have as well. it will be grinding out an ugly win or most likely get eliminated early.

wetcrispy repped this.
  11. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    These retards at KFA seriously need to fk off. What the fk is the point of hiring the same ppl who fking got fired for being shit in the past?

aeh1991 repped this.
  12. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    they're playing musical chair at this point.

13. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    bring back Stielike

wetcrispy, nmssis and 12th Player repped this.
  14. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    bro fk u its not even funny as a joke

15. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    :ROFLMAO:

16. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

so horrible....seriously.

LeeSeungWoo, chook90 and aeh1991 repped this.
  17. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Smart man. One should never leave Korea unless the last check has been received.

18. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Of course you would say this since after all you're also a 사기꾼 yourself.

19. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    ㅆㅂ......:cry:

aeh1991 repped this.
  20. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    KSY is injured. He might not be able to play for Korea in August... We are fking doomed without Son + Ki.

chook90 repped this.
  21. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Let's hope in Kwon chang-hoon then...

aeh1991 repped this.
  22. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014

You think Son was one of our saviors on this NT before?

23. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    #1049 LeeSeungWoo, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    He should be without SHITLIKE.
    It's a fact that he's far more valuable than any other players on this team at the moment.
    You cant really expect him to do everything when the manager doesnt even know how to use him + his teammates fking suck.

24. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    He's been pretty much shit for the NT dating back much further than stielikes tenure. Check it.
    You can't blame the German for everything. it's such a convenient excuse isn't it?

That's not to say from a relative perspective sure he's more valuable than 95% of the team but I prefer not to overstate his value or perceived overblown contribution

Certainly it's definitely not "oh no what will we do without him". For sure it isn't.