The Official 2017 Korea NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    #UliWillStay

2. inten

inten Member

Apr 27, 2014
    #BelieveInUli

3. Han Hyejin

Han Hyejin New Member

Bayern München
    Armenia
    Jun 16, 2017
    Baku
    Nat'l Team:
    Azerbaijan
    you have to be a massive idiot

4. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

You know what needs to be a chant?
    G.O.D.-Candle

지치고 힘들 땐 내게 기대
    언제나 니 곁에 서 있을게
    혼자라는 생각이 들지 않게
    내가 너의 손잡아 줄게
    (get creative with the drumming)

5. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Now that he's gone, does anyone feel a little bad for Stielike?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have the opportunity to assemble better management (or repeat the same mistakes), but Uli tragically lost his son a while back and he failed to end his coaching career on a high note.

As a KNT supporter, I don't hold him on a high esteem, but on a personal level I wish it could've turned out differently for the old man.

Or maybe I'm just being a dumb@ss.

skim172, jessypjs and wetcrispy repped this.
  6. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    No, i don't feel bad at all for SHITLIKE, i would have felt bad if he had the guts to resign when it was clear he didn't have what it takes to coach KNT.

chook90 repped this.
  7. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah, you're being a dumbass.

chook90 repped this.
  8. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Players are to be blamed also. So many of them fkcing suck. Harsh truth.

Rob_Brighton, Chingoo and chook90 repped this.
  9. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #984 Seol Korea, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    김호 용인축구센터 총감독은 좀 더 단호한 견해를 밝혔다. “9회 연속 월드컵 진출이 중요한 게 아니다. 한 번 본선에 못 가더라도 한국 축구의 기초를 다질 수 있다면 이번에 탈락하는 것도 쓴 약이 될 것”이라고 말한 김 감독은 “장기 플랜을 세워 대표팀의 뿌리인 프로축구를 살려야 한다. 모든 힘과 재원을 여기에 쏟아부어야 한다. 축구인이 아닌 정몽규 회장이 예스맨들만 곁에 두고 축구인의 목소리를 듣지 않는다면 지금보다 더 큰 난관을 맞게 될 것”이라고 말했다.

Manager Kim Ho says that not qualifying for the World Cup could also be a bitter medicine (Remedy) for the KNT/Korean Football, whilst adding that there needs to be a long term plan that will help the national team's professional footballing roots to survive, and all the finances/resources needs to be poured into that. Lastly, he says that the KFA/KNT/Korean Football will be hit with even bigger difficulties/problems if Jung Mong-gyu continues to disregard/not listen to the people of football whilst keeping puppets that only obey to his words beside him.

Chingoo, aeh1991, Marco91 and 1 other person repped this.
  10. Han Hyejin

Han Hyejin New Member

Bayern München
    Armenia
    Jun 16, 2017
    Baku
    Nat'l Team:
    Azerbaijan
    At the end of the day, it was the players who should be deliver a result.
    As atrocious as the coach can be, if the players know how to act and react against opponent of same or lower calibre during the match, they could still deliver. Like how Messi step-up and turn the match at last year away win in Bernabeu.

Well, there is no players like Messi in Korea, but still.... The squad is decent enough to take the likes of China PR, Uzbekistan, or even, arguably, IR Iran.

jessypjs repped this.
  11. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    #986 Fector, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    On the other hand you are extremely dense. That makes up for your small physical size.
    mass = density x volume.

P.S. If someone breaks his nose during a WC, he may still play with an appropriate protection gear. But normally a club will not let him play during a regular season. Likewise for Son's arm.

12. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Not true. A player always plays with a broken nose, even during a regular season.

13. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    Really?
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1512590

Leg injuries require complete healing and more while a broken nose may cost only a couple of games during a regular season. A fracture in the lower arm is somewhere between these two extremes. During a WC for instance, the player may continue to play with a cast while during a regular season he is likely to be out for more than a few weeks.

14. skim172

skim172 Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    No, you're just a decent human being.

As a coach, in his professional life - I couldn't dislike him more. But in his personal life, I've got no grievances against him.

Failing to separate the two aspects is usually what creates problems. If the KFA weren't such close personal friends with Uli, they'd have seen clearly to give him the sack long before.

wetcrispy, chook90 and DHMGKorea repped this.
  15. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Actually the track record shows that nobody has what it takes to coach KNT. Because in order to coach KNT, one has to appease incompetent, territorial and insular people, such like the posters on these forums who would rather watch a Ki Sung-yong ball touch video rather than a match and curse anyone who decides that Park Ju-young isn't anything but a mediocre player.

By your own admission, there hasn't been anyone in the last 15 years who "has what it takes". I would bet even if KNT hired Conte, you would soon get dissatisfied with him, when you find out that the manager cannot make sub-par players into world-beaters.

You might as well get used to mediocrity for the foreseeable future, because Stielike was absolutely right that the systemic problems are too great to fix easily.

16. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    You mean more or less forever right? The same countries are dominating that dominated 50 years ago. And the gap is growing bigger, if anything people that get into the game today are more into watching Europeans play their game. Might as well pick your favorite Euro/S. Am team like everyone does RM/Bar/PL team.

Most don't seem to mind supporting a club team with no connection to it, once they realize their NT will never win they'll either won't care as much or just follow a winning team.

Chingoo repped this.
  17. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    i wouldnt feel bad for senileike if he fainted from getting hit by lightning and had his brain eaten raw by sewage rats while he was down. guy used never before heard bullshit excuses (youth program, lack of coaching support, sebastian ********ing soria, player interviews dropping lockroom morale, etc) to reason his struggles and when it ultimately led to failure he still refused to quit with dignity. he KNEW he was failing (literally begging the media for one last chance like a little bitch) and he KNEW kfa wanted to let him go, just didnt have the funds to have him and another coach on payroll yet he still does not leave. doesnt sound to me like a guy that cares at all for korean soccer. this was supposed to be an easy qualifier for us. the core of the team consisted of players who were vastly experienced at international stage whilst still being in their physical prime. here we are with two matches to go korea is failing spectacularly. if korea does not make the next world cup, sponsorships will drop and interests in soccer will take a massive hit. thats not even the slightest of problems. the senior team has been shit up so badly it will take many matches and squad experimentation to see fully recovery. its the current kfa regime thats jeopardizing korean soccer but senileike sure set the table up for some astonishing shitshow

Seol Korea, Hodori and chook90 repped this.
  18. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Has he said his goodbyes or is he still in korea?

19. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2017/06/22/2017062202070.html
    만일 한국 축구가 내년 월드컵 본선에 나서지 못할 경우 어떤 일들이 벌어질까.

가장 직접적인 타격은 후원금 규모의 축소다. 대한축구협회는 현재 9개 기업과 후원 계약을 체결하고 있는데 이중 내년 재계약 대상은 서울우유와 교보생명이다. 서울우유는 월드컵이 열리기 전, 교보생명은 월드컵이 끝난 후 대한축구협회와의 후원 계약이 종료된다. 물론 월드컵 예선에서 떨어져도 당장 계약이 파기될 일은 없다. 하지만 월드컵 전후 재계약을 추진하는데 어려움은 감내해야한다. 무서울 정도로 현실 감각이 뛰어난 기업들이 러시아행이 무산된 뒤에도 예전과 같은 분위기 속에 협상 테이블에 앉을 가능성은 높지 않다.

후원금이 줄어들면 그 다음 수순은 투자의 위축이다. 여윳돈이 없으니 그만큼 나가는 돈을 줄여야 하는 것은 지극히 당연한 이치다.

20. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You do (for once) bring up a good point here. Everyone here in BSK will never ever be satisfied with our manager unless we get into the semi-finals again or some shit like that. BSK posters imo are notorious for being impatient and never being satisfied with anything.

While Stielike was a sh*te manager for us, the problem is bigger than the manager itself.

wetcrispy repped this.
  21. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    Honestly, the last manager that I was satisfied with was HJM. He obviously wasn't the best. but he was fully aware of both the strengths and limitations of the squad and what style it needed to play in. Think about how we played in 2010 - speedy transitions from defense to offense, direct and faster build up with greater emphasis on wing play, strong pressure and dangerous set piece schemes. It's what Korean football is all about, and how we should have always played.

Now let's look at the managers we've had since HJM:

1. CKR - Tried to make us play like Spain, "만화축구"
    2. CKH - No emphasis on build up at all, simple long balls all day; went too far in the opposite direction
    3. HMB - Way too inexperienced, tried to make us try to play like Spain
    3. Stielike - Inexperienced on the international stage and horribly inept, tried to make us try to play like Spain

It's not about trying to make "sub-par players into world class players" like the village idiot says - it's about trying to find a manager whose vision for Korean football is the correct one. A manager who doesn't try to make the team do too much (CKR, HMB, Stielike) or too little (CKH). As I've said ad nauseam on here, the tikitaka fad was the worst thing to have happened to Korean football. It was a pipe dream that we were never cut out to chase, but THREE out of our past four managers went for it.

All I'm asking for is to bring in a manager who knows how make us play the right way. No one is expecting someone who can get us to the semis again.

TaegukRedDevil repped this.
  22. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Obviously not you, but there are posters here who claimed HJM is overrated because he had good players in their prime (We have good players in their prime too and yet we have trouble with the qualifiers). That's how bad it is here in BSK where posters do not give managers a real full opportunity. Any time we hire a manager, there are disapproving comments without fully giving the manager a chance.

CKR is one manager this board has real split feelings about. I get it, CKR tried to make the KNT play joga bonito but he really wasn't as bad as some of the posters make him out to be.

CKH didn't even want to be the manager. But despite his boring strategy and underwhelming tactics in the national team level, he still got us qualified. He did his job despite not even wanting to be the NT manager. I mean the man got crucified here in BSK after his 1st match as the KNT manager. That's how impatient this place gets.

HMB only knows his way of playing the 4-2-3-1 and got exposed for it in the WC. And he was the one guy most BSK posters wanted as manager and they quickly turned on him too once the WC was over, despite his inexperience as a manager.

The moral is, BSK will never ever be happy with any managerial hire and even if they do get the one they wanted (like HMB, or many of you want Gunes), you guys turned on that manager real quickly. Even if we hire Gunes, most of you will be critical of the guy after couple of tactical moves that you don't agree with.

All in all, these are professional managers who played the game professionally. They know more about football than all of us couch-experts.

Tiger12 repped this.
  23. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    To be fair, most football fans around the world are like that, not just BSK. But I think that it's especially more difficult for middle of the pack teams like us. Not good enough where any manager can make the team look great without much hassle; not bad enough where expectations are low. It's a tough job.

Regardless, I strongly believe that each of our last four managers had the wrong plan in mind. The next manager just needs to keep it simple and bring Korean football back to its roots.

killaorca and toohyper repped this.
  24. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014

CKH was the biggest can of them all imo. His appointment set us back 10 years and ensured HMB was especially F'd especially with his time constraint. Its been a snowball rolling downhill ever since. Hate that dude for the way he had us playing.

Why should anyone be patient with the way he had us playing? If he had a vision or Euro style to mimic I might be more forgiving but conservative caveman C. 1980s still? You're a moron if you think hanging with this guy was necessary.

takeuchi and doraemon repped this.
  25. DHMGKorea

DHMGKorea Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Oct 11, 2016
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah, definitely not only on BSK. Reading comments on Naver, everyone is saying no to HJM and STY, and their only suggestions are Günes, Scolari, and Ranieri (before he took the Nantes job). I also would rather not have HJM nor STY in favor of a foreign coach, but IF one of them were to get the job, I would still give them a chance.

KFA & Chung Mong Gyu on the other hand, they ran out of second chances...

doraemon repped this.