The Official 2017 Korea NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    And here comes the sweet talking again:

-중국전을 앞두고 많은 악재가 왔는데?
    부상 당한 선수들을 두고 아쉬워 하는 것 보다 현재 가용할 수 있는 선수들에게 신뢰를 주고 최대한 활용하는 것이 중요하다. 구자철은 부상을 당했다고 최근 소속팀에서 경기에 나섰다. 앞으로 부상 선수들의 상태를 계속 예의 주시할 것이다.

-AFC 챔피언스리그 관전을 통해 중국팀 전력을 확인할 예정인데, 어떤 부분을 볼 것인가?
    상대의 전력도 중요하지만, 우리 선수들은 시즌 개막을 앞두고 있어 컨디션을 점검할 예정이다.

-이번 새로 합류한 설기현 코치의 경험 부족 우려는?
    나와 아르무아 코치는 연륜이 있고, 차두리 분석관과 설기현 코치는 경험이 적다. 그러나 차두리 분석관 합류로 긍정적이 효과를 얻었듯이 설기현 코치도 10년 넘게 유렵과 대표팀에 뛰었다. 선수들과 교류, 가교 역할에 있어 좋을 것으로 보인다.

-최종예선 남은 5경기 전략은?
    어느 경기든 승점 3점 획득이 목표다. 물론 마지막 우즈베키스탄 원정까지 본선행을 확정 하는게 수월하다. 우리가 쉽게 이긴 경기가 없다. 앞으로 남은 5경기를 잘 준비하겠다

-윤석영, 김진수 등 대표팀 핵심 멤버들이 소속팀을 새로 찾은 점에 기대는?
    그 선수들이 소속팀을 찾은 건 큰 관심거리다. 그러나 출전 시 어떤 모습을 보이는 것이 중요하며, 대표팀에 들어올 수준을 갖춰야 한다.

-지난 최종예선 5경기 동안 실점이 많았다. 대책은?
    홈에서 8골을 넣을 정도로 득점이 좋았지만, 5실점 했다. 수비 재정비가 필요하다. 원정에서 1실점 했어도 득점이 없었다. 원정에서 공격이 약한 부분을 점검할 것이다.

-중국전에서 선수들에게 당부할 점은?
    2년 동안 대표팀을 지도하면서 많은 선수들이 잘해줬다. 충분히 좋은 모습을 보일 거라 생각하고, 그렇게 이야기 할 것이다.

-중국이 리피 감독 교체로 변화되는 점이 있다면?
    상당한 변화가 예상된다. 선수 구성은 물론 플레이 면에서 과감한과 전방 압박이 적극적이다. 많은 부분에서 긍정적일 것이다.

[From Yeonhap English Article]:

"We always play to win and collect three points," Stielike said to reporters at Incheon International Airport. "It will be better for us to qualify for the World Cup before playing our final match against Uzbekistan. We still have a tough schedule ahead, but we will prepare thoroughly."

South Korea had a nail-biting 3-2 victory over China at home. And for the upcoming qualifier in Changsha, China, South Korea will be without Tottenham Hotspur attacker Son Heung-min because of yellow card accumulations, while team captain Ki Sung-yueng and midfielder Koo Ja-cheol are struggling with injuries.

Stielike, however, said he believes the other players show good performance.

"I want to trust the players who are available," he said. "But for injured players, you need to look at how their situations progress."

China recently hired Marcelo Lippi as their national team boss. The former Juventus and Guangzhou Evergrande manager is best known for leading Italy to the World Cup title in 2006.

Stielike said he expects a different Chinese team under Lippi.

"I'm sure China will be more aggressive and will keep up the pressure on us," he said. "It's going to be a difficult match for us, but our players have been doing well for last two years. I believe they will perform well this time, too."

The 62-year-old German will have new assistant for the World Cup qualifying campaign this year. The Korea Football Association (KFA) earlier this month appointed former Reading and Fulham winger Seol Ki-hyeon as an assistant coach for the national team.

Stielike said he expects good work from Seol and collaboration with the team's advance scout Cha Du-ri. Both Seol and Cha are members of the South Korean team that reached the semifinals at the 2002 World Cup.

"I'm satisfied with current coaching staff," he said. "Seol has played more than 10 years with foreign clubs and the national team, so he will bridge between the players and coaches well."

Enough with the chit-chat and actually start preparing and improving the team ffs.

GoYoungrokba and chook90 repped this.
  2. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    i am so deathly afraid of lippi outcoaching the senile one i dont want him to even attempt anything different just for this match. there is so much pressure on him right now i dont know what hed try out of desperation (especially so since hes without proper guidance from proper assistants). let players figure out themselves what needs to be done. stick to doing the usual during preparation (nothing) and hope koreas better players are enough to get a result

chook90 repped this.
  3. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Man it still baffles me that Seol Kihyun is still the Assistant Manger...considering they said they'll get a European one and considering they need a tactician when Stielike has zero tactical knowledge.

Greatest con artist of all time, and KFA is the biggest fool.

Seol Korea, Ice cube and chook90 repped this.
  4. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I already mentioned this before, but the name value of 2002 WC members is still useful, it's like jingling keys in front of the kids. It's obvious, Stielike wants full control of the NT, so gets a nice front, making it a win-win strategy for him and KFA.

Seol Korea and chook90 repped this.
  5. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    rest assured nobody bought into seol kihyuns hiring in korea. everyone knew right away what lee yongsu/senile were doing

6. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I'm not talking about BSK. It probably worked for the broader KNT fanbase.

Seol Korea and chook90 repped this.
  7. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't be surprised if China pulled a 1-0 victory in March.

jessypjs and chook90 repped this.
  8. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #33 ConcernedK, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    Knowing Shitlike, he will call up garbage defenders from osaka and gwaungzhou again.

9. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you want to enjoy watching the KNT under Stielike, just treat it like a comedy show.

10. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't really see China pulling off 3 points against us. I'd rather be more worried of the Syria match.

11. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    This time SHITLIKE needs to call up HHC, there are chances for him to play with KCH not match fit, Son that will miss the game vs China etc.

12. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Where is your venue in China? Last time we played against them in Manchuria if I am not mistaking and they parked the bus.

13. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We were originally set to play the CNT in Kunming, but we're lucky to have evaded that route as the venue changed to Changsa instead, and it will be our first time to be playing at the Helong Stadium. Kunming is above sea level and the elevation of the Kunming Tuodong Sports Center stands at 1,891m which is roughly 500+ more than the elevation of Azadi, so taking the high altitude into account whilst Lippi is in charge plus a Home crowd advantage, as well as given how we've been playing recently under our brainless manager, it definitely would've been a very tough match for us to which the CNT might've held us to a draw or even a win at worse.

14. Perspolis#1

Perspolis#1 Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Manchuria for us was an ehh venue. The grass was not done well though, it really stopped flowing passing gamesand thats from us. Also caused two injuries that game. I hope the stadium you guys are at doesnt do the same thing

15. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Can we have Ranieri take over KNT?

"we're in world cup man." "dilly ding dilly dong"

jessypjs and aeh1991 repped this.
  16. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Add him to your list of available coaches lol

chook90 repped this.
  17. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So..... any news on upcoming matches?

Who are some faces you like to see get called up?

18. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    chook90 repped this.
  19. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    HELL NO TO LJH WITH THE KNT. that's the face i don't want to see, the other one unfortunately is the "coach"

20. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  21. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    with other "options" being complete garbage, Uli Stielike should call up Park CY as Ji DW backup in the next WCQs instead of wasting time on 30yr+ players who briefly got their 15min of fame (imo).

jessypjs repped this.
  22. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah, you're way too late on this issue, and no it's not bs as the very same thing happened with Van Marwijk in 2014; aside from the issues with residency and money, Van Marwijk wanted a 2+2 contract instead of 4 years (which was a well reasonable offer to which it should've been done that way).

But, this isn't even the core of the truth of issue here, the main issue was that Lee Yong-soo gave up making another search and rather desperately threw another former star player of the 2002 era, and to make matters worse, not only is Seol Ki-hyeon also inexperienced as Cha Du-ri is, as well as he doesn't have a proper role as an assistant coach, he was given the same task as Cha Du-ri which is to uplift the morale of the players. The fact that Lee Yong-soo even had the nerves to say "어떤 외국인 코치도 오지 않을 것", just goes to show you the incompetency of the KFA at its finest.

jessypjs and chook90 repped this.
  23. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  24. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Nor should we be wasting our time with 24/25 y/o that keeps failing to break it at international level. As far as our FW options goes, 주멘, 정조국, 양동현 are the three that should be given the green light for next months WCQs for the moment, however the likelihood of Stielike keen on selecting the usual suspects is rather high (Too damn high).

25. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #50 +PL+, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    Chinese NT is up for serious challenge in march, first wave is south Korean and second wave is Iranian. I predict a total slaughter.

. Untitled.jpg

olijolly and 12th Player repped this.