The Official 2017 Korea NT Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If you guys want to challenge yourself play against KSA, UAE or even Jordan.

2. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Not sure Gunes will be interested in the job this time.

batumchange2 repped this.
  3. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    KNT lacks someone like this man in line up.

[​IMG]

It is pathetic to see you guys struggle like this. Our matches is not fun any more. I hope you guys come back strong and give us a big challenge.

[​IMG]

4. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    You think the quality of the Syrian players is the same as that of the players we played against in WC?

Also, Shitlike is the one who keeps picking those "out-of-form" players who cant understand shit about his "tactics".

5. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I think it's still worth it for us to prepare our away match against Qatar.

jessypjs repped this.
  6. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

It's like we have this guy as our coach, except worse.

chook90 repped this.
  7. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Because it would be a publicity suicide. We will almost certainly lose against them, and when that happens, some people would have to resign, and none of the people in KFA wants to do that.

TaegukRedDevil repped this.
  8. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    As a neutral on this rivalry, no...I don't think the outcome is that predictable. Nor do I understand this mindset Korea will certainly lose at HOME to Iran.

edit - btw, seriously.. stop comparing KNT to other nations, especially JNT.

9. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    #284 zdrstvte, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    Tbh, i don't think we will win against any of the top tier teams in Asia. I don't understand how you think we can win against Iran when we struggle against Syria. And it's very hard not to compare when teams that sucked like Japan and Saudi Arabia are doing so well.

Also that was just a response to why we won't especially have hanniljeons @Chingoo . Cho Kwang-Rae's downfall was massively affected by the heavy hanniljeon loss as well.

sac517 and chook90 repped this.
  10. ironcub14

ironcub14 Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Club:
    Ottawa Fury
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    jinseokyang repped this.
  11. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Isn't doing well as many of you believe. Saudi Arabia improved greatly, no question about that.. especially when you look at the result. At the same time, Australia is in terrible shape. Iran is Iran... I don't think they are above anyone, especially when you consider their tactics.

12. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    It's about how they improved. Japan looked pretty poor during the 2nd qualifying round and at the start of the current round as well, but they are now looking more composed.

Also for Iran, they are better than us. One lucky 1-0 win you may have a point. But they consistently beat us 1-0... It says something.

13. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Composed? Based on? They improved under Vahid compared to earlier rd/games but I wouldn't say composed. Thailand outshot & had more shots on target at Saitama.. not to mention, Japan didn't even dominate possession. We're also talking about a side who had to rely on Kawashima, GK playing for reserves in France. Again, it isn't rosy ...

As for Iran, true... they certainly have the results over Korea but again, as long as their tactics remain the same.... it will always be 50/50 imo. I certainly disagree how they will win vs Korea in Korea with such certainty as many of you believe they will.

14. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I wouldnt say they are composed enough to compete at the world stage. Sure, they are "more" composed than they were in the Asian cup. They won 4-1 because Thai couldnt take the chances they had. It could have been 4-4. Japan def needs to work more on their defense....

On the other hand.. Korea needs to work on everything.

15. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    The match was 4-0 not 4-1. Also, talking of missed chances Japan could also have put a couple more against the Thais if they took theur chances.

Their defence needs work for sure, but I don't think it's crazy to say that they probably stand a very good chance in beating our team under Stielike.

EDIT: even the out of form Aussies would be a tough challenge.

16. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Ops, 4-0.

What can we say when we lost to a team like China..

17. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    I don't even know what to say about that. How far down in the sand does your head have to be to think that is anywhere close to being an acceptable list of options?

Old men should not be running a young man's game.

chook90 and LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  18. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    축구협회 "슈틸리케 감독 경질에 대한 움직임은 현재로선 없다."

19. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    #294 aeh1991, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    We should've sacked Stielike after the last qualifier games last year. Now the chances of a foreign coach wanting to take over a team that has high risks are very, very slim.
    The timing sucks as STY could've taken over for the remaining games until we sign a new (foreign) manager after we had qualified. Because one thing's for sure: we still can qualify! We just need someone who gives fresh breath to the team and knows our team AND the opponent teams well enough. If it's not STY who has been the assistant coach for quite long time during this qualifiers, I don't know who else could do that.
    BUT we can't gamble with going with him while he has to focus on U20.
    So basically we're f'cked :thumbsdown:. Rather stick with Stielike until the qualifiers are over (and hope for god's help) or go for a domestic manager who has experience (Hakbum). But please no AIS or CJC!

Edit: imo unless wonders happen and a foreign manager wants to take this burden, I think the best option would be Kim Hak Bum. I still hope they'd go for a foreign manager after we have qualified ourselves though...

20. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm highly against Stielike even being around for the WCQs only, and although we may of lost a perfect opportunity to oust him last year, sacking him now is still an opportunity that we should immediately take. I'm all for Hakbumson as Interim, but we should be contacting foreign managers and have things resolve before June.

aeh1991 repped this.
  21. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I wouldn't mind Kim Ho Gon too if only domestic managers count.

22. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well, he's currently the VP of the KFA and he's rejected the KNT offer numerous times, so I think we can exclude him. Also, I believe that both Choi Jin-chul and Ahn Ik-soo will reject in a heartbeat, especially considering Ahn Ik-soo having resigned from the U-20 post due to tactical issues and poor performances.

23. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    HMB had rejected in a hearbeat too but in the end he took the job ^^;
    Really hope you are right..

24. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The KFA is really stooping to such low levels these days to even consider those two for the KNT job, not to mention that they were even considering Ahn Jung-hwan for the U-20 job as well. But, I am sure that both Choi Jin-chul and Ahn Ik-soo isn't that stupid enough to take the offer especially considering the situation that we're in.

25. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    besides kim hakbum there really isnt a domestic coach who has the charisma to demand respect from a bunch of late 20s adults. anyone else and the players will just laugh at his face. situation looks so bad im not even sure if shin taeyong is up for the job. the team looks uncoachable right now

chook90 repped this.