The Official 2016 SEC Thread- It probably won't be YOUR team... again

Discussion in 'Football' started by Auriaprottu, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They have nothing valid to say right now. TAMU's two TDs behind Moo state at the half.

Are these jerseys legit? What's the price?

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  2. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Why the hell can't LSU recruit decent QBs?

3. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    It's not the QB, LSU doesn't have a proper OC at the helm. Cam Cameron left and TE coach, Steve Ensminger, took over. Lure an OC to LSU and Myles Brennan might be a stud next season.

4. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If LSU don't tho' some money at Orgeron fo' sunrise they will "roux" da deh... seriously, hire this man already. And get him an OC. LSU can absolutely dom the West once Saban's retired.

5. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    44 ppg, kept them to 10. Only TD came on off a hold not called on Lewis Neal. But yea Saban omagerdddd he cyan fuk muh cuzinnn. RTR!

6. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lol

I have to put up with that crap 24/7/365. Don't remind me...

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Wait till the Iron Bowl. One big ole orgy! RTR!

8. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Even there, Auburn has to win out beforehand. They host Alabama A&M this weekend. We won't give them any trouble, but Georgia might. I do think Orgeron has spent his last consecutive season as something other than a HC. Somebody is going to offer the man a job. I don't think it'll be Notre Dame, but they might be looking once they dump Kelly.

9. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Iron Bowl it is.

Clemson go down, Washington go down, and Michigan go down.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  10. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Looks like it.

Take the wheel, bro, and keep this thread going. I'm out of this forum for a while, been downsizing my online presence for a few days now in the wake of recent events.

Dr. Wankler and Catracho_Azul repped this.
  11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Cuz Trump won?

Damn, lmao, Auburn lost.. Aggies lost.. too.. hum bruh.

Fight the good fight bluhd.

12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    @Gamecock14 @PalmettoSpur

I noticed you two in the USMNT game thread tonight as I was casually lurking the thread for updates of the game.

Thoughts on the state of the SC program after Spurrier? Surely your AD could've done better than to hire Muschump.

13. PalmettoSpur

PalmettoSpur Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I think we're all very happy with Muschamp. He had bad luck at UF (lost 12 starters his last year to season-ending injuries) and a bad administration (they hired Charlie Weis as his OC against his wishes, which failed miserably). He walked into a situation here that's an absolute disaster and has us a win away from a bowl game. Not only that, but our team is much more physical and disciplined than last year.

I'm a HUGE fan of what Muschamp's done so far. His next step is to find a new OL coach, because our current line can't give our QB ANY time, which really kills our offense.

My Muschamp grade so far (given what he has to work with): A-

14. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    You're not at all concerned with his tenure at Florida and his lack of offense? What's the offense looked like at SC so far? and QB development?

15. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, four B1G teams in the top 8, chance for two to go to the Playoff. Just one SEC team.

SEC dominance over?

16. PalmettoSpur

PalmettoSpur Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Not really, because his OC for part of that tenure was Charlie Weis (who wasn't his choice). When he finally got a good OC (Kurt Roper), he had major issues with QB play. He finally found a QB, and then that QB broke his leg and came back extremely skittish.

And then the team lost 12 starters to season-ending injuries.

If you actually go back and look at his tenure, it was a series of absolutely devastating lightning strikes. People always forget that he was also the SEC Coach of the Year (11-1 team), won the East, and went to the Sugar Bowl.

As for South Carolina, we have Jake Bentley at QB. He's a true freshman, and he's been doing very, very well. Rico Dowdle, our running back, is damned good, and we have an outstanding transfer RB who had to sit out this year (Ty'Son Williams). We're also extremely young; our best players are Jake Bentley (freshman), Rico Dowdle (freshman), Bryan Edwards (freshman), and Deebo Samuel (sophomore). We're the only team in America with a freshman who leads the team in passing, and a freshman who leads the team in rushing.

Our problem right now is the offensive line. It's pretty apparent that Muschamp sees that issue, and given that he was fired from Florida due to a lack of offense, we fully believe he'll address it.

The rest of our issues require recruiting. We have one of the top recruiting staffs around, so the talent issues will be fixed in the next year or two.

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Not accounting the best team in the nation... I'd say I guess?

18. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They certainly look like the #1, but with all those paper tigers in the SEC it's hard to be sure.:D

What are your thoughts on the possibility of two B1G 10 teams making it in?

19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Don't know, it still has a ways to shake out. If Michigan loses its over for them and tOSU considering Penn St would be in the B1G Champ Game against presumably Wisky. It's hard for any NON conference champ to get in taking in account the fact that the selection committee really covets conference champs. But then again Clemson or any other side could go down again and bust the doors open for two B1G.

Do they have a shot against that Bama D? Mmm now that's another story.

20. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The talk around here is if OSU wins out they will be in for sure, regardless of them going to the B1G Championship game. If Wisky beats PSU in the title game, they could get a shot to move on considering their two losses are to OSU and Michigan in very close games.

I kinda doubt that, but I see the possibility considering PSU will also be a top 8 team.

I'll be perfectly honest, I don't think OSU can beat 'Bama unless our offense gets their head out of their *ss. Michigan's D is pretty good so we should know a little more then, but if we don't beat MSU by 30+ it will be a disappointment.

21. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I've heard, ever since Herman's departure, tOSU's offense has stalled a bit. What do you think?

22. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think there is any doubt about that. We have also seen Barrett's issues throwing downfield, so maybe the lack of QB accuracy combined with young receivers has caused some of the offensive stagnation against the better defenses. Add in losing a guy like Elliott and you have a recipe for a pretty vanilla offense.

23. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Will Jimbo Fisher leave Florida State for LSU?

That’s the question I posed to assistant coaches from around the country.

This article isn’t about gathering inside scoop on the LSU job search, it’s just to get a feel how those in the industry see this playing out. Here's what coaches from around the country had to say on the subject:

ACC assistant
    - “Does the LSU millions help him in his fight for research and funding for his son? That’s what’s important. Family.”

Mountain West assistant - “LSU. No reason, just think it’s smart to stay at FSU, but Saban isn’t going to coach forever.”

MAC assistant - “He’s gonna go, it will happen Sunday. He’s an SEC guy and Saban isn’t going to be around long. LSU is a place he can win right now and get it done. You may want to get a hot board together for FSU.”

SEC assistant - “I think he’s gone! The AD (at LSU) has to save his job with this hire.”

Big 12 assistant - “LSU. He shouldn’t, FSU is a better job. Might be ego. But if you fire Les (Miles) for going 9-3, you better bring in a guy that has won ‘ships.”

SEC assistant - “He’s going to LSU if offered.”

SEC assistant - “Gone”

Big 12 assistant - “LSU. Dream job and FSU doesn’t love him like Bobby. Fresh start at a place that loves him.”

AAC assistant - “I think he goes to LSU. He can sense his message at FSU has run its course.”

ACC assistant - “I think he leaves to go to LSU…too much money.”

SEC assistant - “I think he rolls out. With the family stuff, a new town offers a new start. He knows how to recruit LSU and no one to compete with in that state.”

SEC assistant - “Man that’s a tough one. I think it’s 50/50 right now. Could be a fresh start from his personal stuff.”

ACC assistant - “I think he goes to LSU. Probably been there too long and the kids shut you out. 6 years is a long time at one place nowadays."

24. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  25. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Great football last night in Naptown:

James Franklin leads Penn St. after the whole Sandusky fiasco to win the B1G and in exciting fashion!

So our Play-off picture looks like this:
    Bama
    Clemson
    Penn. St.
    ???