The Official 2007 European Under 21 Finals Thread

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by 'Uaglio, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    4-1 to Holland

It Should have been 5-1...if the dutch hadn't missed the P.k...........

Wow, we lost to this crapy serbian team

2. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In all fairness, they had their backs against the well today. The weather, being the AWAY team, the refs, and the inexperience.

3. Azzurri_in_U.S.A

May 16, 2006
    California
    And it was only 1-0 with the Serbs dominating the offensive opportunities in the second half before having a man sent off for a really soft yellow card.

4. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah I agree the ref was terrible and one sided towards Holland. That Dutch player should have been red carded. I do not know what the Ref was thinking. It is easy to look good when you are playing 11 against 10 but I am not that impressed with the Dutch. Yes they have won this tournament 2 years in a row but the big team is probably the most underachieving soccer country along with Spain.They always choke when it counts.

5. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
  6. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
  7. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Honestly, that French ref should be suspended for the sending off of Rossi at that point in the game. All he did was yell a bit in frustration...its like like he told the ref to F Off.

You don't send a guy off the pitch for protesting a bit and change the course of the game in the second half when two teams are fighting it out like that. Italy had really taken over the game at that point, and that sending off was uncalled for.

Really poor reffing this tourney. I hope it's not a preview of what we'll see at Euro 2008.

8. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The problem is they give the young, inexperienced refs the job at the U21 tournaments.

9. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Aspetta Piero. Rossi already had a yellow card. What was he doing yelling at the ref? FYI, cursing is now an offense. I have problems that a player with a yellow card put his team at risk because he could not keep his temper in check. If there is anyone to blame, it is Rossi. What he did was stupid and I hope that Casiraghi, Zola and others within the staff hit him over the head with a 2x4 and tell him not to do it again.