The Official 2005/2006 Ascoli Thread

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by RandyNA74, Aug 19, 2005.

1. forzaitalia06

forzaitalia06 New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    do you know when his loan spell/contract with milan is over?

2. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
  3. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Ascoli opens the scoring on the road at Siena...

4. forzaitalia06

forzaitalia06 New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    i really like foggia i hope he gets called up to the u-21 team for the euros............and im hearing hes gonna be going back to milan in june

5. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Again its was Ascoli's defence that let them down, they have major troubles covering men in the box especially for crosses, and stopping plays from out wide.

6. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Foggia is most probably over 21...

7. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    He'll be 23 in June.

8. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Yeah he's 22, I think he should be capped soon. He's got incredible pace skill and a wild shot. Foggia, Coppola, Guana, and Fini have been stand out players for Ascoli. Ascoli need Cudini back, our central defender, he's been injured since the first half of the season, and will be a welcomed player.

Ascoli like to play defensive counter attacking style of game. It was seen last night where ascoli don't need possession, but quick breaks. The way Ascoli moves the ball throught the midfield is excellent.

9. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ascoli 3-2 Roma. The Ascolani have defeated the in-form team of the season. Ascoli scored two goals in three minutes and at one stage, they were winning 3-0. It looks like the Ascolani will finish mid-table or around that part of the table.

BRAVO ASCOLI!

10. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Salvation

Bravo Ascoli

Grande Ascoli, Grande Picchio.

Ooooohhhhhhhhh Picchiooooooooo Aaaaalllleeeeeeeeeee

Cantero Per Te Cantero Per Te Forza Picchio Allllleeeeeeeeeee

Ooooohhhhhhhhh Picchiooooooooo Aaaaalllleeeeeeeeeee

Cantero Per Te Cantero Per Te Forza Picchio Allllleeeeeeeeeee

:D :D :D

Great Season And To Top This Season Off I Went To See Ascoli Treviso Play. The Year They Survived. This Adds To Our Already Italian Miracle. 2 Weeks To Prepare Barley Any Money And 2 Seasons In The Greatest League In The World. I"m Gonna Have A Few Olive Ascolana And Drink A Bottle Of Anesetta Meletti And To Top It Off A Cake Made Out Of Grapes.

Ohhhh Solo Ascoli

11. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Treviso 2-2 Ascoli. An Ascoli win would have been better because the Trevisani are a joke but a good game for Foggia and Ascoli deserve to be in Serie A again.

aussie_ascoli, while you are celebrating, are you going to eat some Salami Calabrese? Only kidding.

12. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Last night I was trying my best to wake-up everyone in Adelaide. 1.30 in the morning beeping at everything that moved and playing Ascoli songs on full blast.

13. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    i'm sure they thought you were celebrating the latest crowns victory in the afl :p

14. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oh, you mean the Crows? They kicked the Bulldogs butt! Anyway, those Ascoli songs would be too Italian for their liking.

15. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    They wouldn't understand singing at sporting events, their like gridiron fans, they just sit and watch no noise.
    Anyway I saw more passion with 7000 ascolani compared to 43 000 in the derby game here.
    Its funny whenever I wear my Ascoli shirt, everyone thinks its Juve, and when someone hears the Ascolani songs from my car they think WTF.:eek:

16. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    hah probably. i wouldn't know ;D

17. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    you are the first (and probably the last) person i will ever hear say that they blast ascolani songs from their car, my friend

18. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Where did you get the Ascoli songs? Did you download them from the net?

19. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Yeah all off the net.
    I cant believe people made songs for the club.
    I've also over 100 chants majority are same chants but at different games and different places.

Here's a site for all the chants in video clips
    http://www.settembrebianconero.it/video.htm

http://www.settembrebianconero.it/audio.htm

with the songs i've got
    ascoli ascoli ascoli del calcio l'universita (made in the 70's)
    Ascoli........corri e va (made in the 70's or 80's)
    Ascoli sei grande (this song is newer and very popular)
    Cuore Bianconero (also a newer song)
    and another song which was made i'll say in 70's dont have its name.

:D

20. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    hahaha lol.

There's not many off us, but we ((in Australia, Adelaide) I) make noise, unlike (in terms of population) the calabrese and napolitani here, however no-one but a few people could name a current player in the Reggina or Napoli squad. WHATS HAPPENING TO THIS COUNTRY. Hopefully with Aus making the WC interest in the Italian game will be restored. The problem was when they took Serie A off free to air TV. The people who watch the games now are people like me or old italians. The younger generations of OZ-italians now watch AFL or if they still follow the real game the EPL, and if they do follow a team in the greatest league its either Milan Juve Inter or Roma. But the only games they watch are the Champ league games, however still they wouldnt have a clue on whats going on with the team.

Maybe dor02 can shed some light on the people in Melbourne.

21. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In Melbourne, it varies. Most Italians in Melbourne are either Calabrese, Siciliano or Abruzzese. There are some who the AFL but I don't know how many Italians in Melbourne watch the EPL. The Italians I know, follow the Serie A or they don't follow the soccer altogether. The best way for Italians to follow the Serie A is to have RAI International otherwise they have nothing on SBS. It was great when you could get up at 10:30 on Sundays mornings watch the Serie A highlights. I miss those mornings. The majority follow Juve and Inter, some follow AC and I knew a few who used to follow Lazio.

My friends and cousins usually talk about how the EPL's style of play can be too basic and isn't as technical or tactical as the Serie A. Not only that, whenever those Poms mention guys like Beckham, Gerrard and Rooney, we would say that guys Zola and Baggio did those things before and that what those three Poms do, guys like ADP and Totti can do better.

Another thing is that the Serie A isn't as strong as it use to be. I would hear people mention Lazio, Roma and Parma but if I was to hear somebody mention them now, he would have to be a die hard fan. I know people who used to follow Lazio when they had a top team but now they don't follow the closely.

Whenever the Azzurri play, it's different. We just go crazy whether we're at home, at one of those clubs or down at Lygon Street.

22. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004

No many napolitani in Melbourne :eek: , in Adelaide the whole eastern suburbs are napolitani. I reakon just over 10-15% of adelaidians have italian blood in them, and 40% are Napolitani, about 30% calabrese, 8% abruzzese, 8% trevigani, 5% ascolani and 9% other (romano, triestini, molisani, pugliesi)

RAI International is great but should be cheaper, first you have to buy foxtel then buy rai costing too much.

I hate when people say that te italian league is defensive that is complete bull$hit. Italy have great defenders but unlike the EPL or Spain we counter-attack and counter-attack big time. The Epl pass the ball to the back and keep passing it to each other at the back before booting the ball forward. Italy if not counter attacking the play a high posseession game but at high tempo, unlike spain. Also in italy they shoot only whe they know it will be on target. Compare goals to the Epl, the EPL all goals are tap-ins in Italy all screamers look at this week, except for Materazzi's howler.

Also compare Rooney to Toni or even Tavano, its a joke toni or even tavano would win hands down.

I bet in Melb your hearing it from the greeks?
    Do you support the Aus national side?

23. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not sure on that stats but me personally, I don't know any Napolitani in Melbourne whatsoever. There might be a few outhere but I don't hear anything about them. I know more northerners (one from Lombardia and two from Veneto) and Romane in Melbourne than Napolitani. And yes, I mean Roman chicks. There were two at my high school that were attractive but very temperamental and there was another Romana who is an Irish-Italian.

I have Foxtel Digital so I manage stay up late and watch it. Before, I would only watch it on ESPN but my dad decided to get rid of the movie channels and put on RAI because of their superior Serie A coverage.

In a highlights package, the Serie A features better goals. I go on the Raisport website to watch some of the goals and I think to myself "Why don't they should more of these classy goals instead of the EPL crap?"

Toni is better than Rooney. He is a greater finsher. Period.

Tavano has saved Empoli from relegation and those guys make Everton look good. He's got potential. Let's hope he can go far and not become a one-tornament wonder like Schillaci.

I finished high school last year so I don't have to put up with most of their crap. I went to a high school with a lot of Greeks and they used to crap on about the Euro a lot. Whenever I mention USA 94 to them or Italy's World Cup wins, they just shut up.

I will support the Australian NT except when they play against the Azzurri.

24. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    you aussies need to relax
    ;)

25. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004

Melbourne would be very different to me. Different Italians. ;)

I pay something like $80 a month for fox well worth it. If I was in Italy I would buy a season ticket which would be nearly the same price.

Haha in Adelaide there is only a small number of greeks, and they live on the other side of town. Finished school 2 years back and in my year level there was not one greek, now uni's a bit different with a few. But school was majority calabrese and napolitani.

Tell the greeks that we got more points than them in Euro, or start chanting Where were the greeks when the world cup is on.

You going to Aus Greece? me and my mate are making a huge banner either saying ULTRAS AUSTRALIA, GREEN AND GOLD BRIGADE, or BRIGADE GREEN AND GOLD.

I'm still first geno Aus (italian and filippino background), but the Oz NT is my team even over Italia or the philippines.

My dad was born & grew up til he was 20 in AP (ascoli piceno) and he picked Aus over Italia. maybe thats why I pick Aus over Italia. However if Italia was in the WC without Aus. FORZA ITALIA ITALIA CAMPIONE.

I'll be at AUS Greece and I'll be wearing my Ascoli top, and my mate is bringing a massive Italian flag to stir up the greeks (all in good fun).

4 FORZA REGGINA

We are passionate people Or CRAZY. lol :eek: ;)